jackelfish
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

5-15

[Post New]by jackelfish on Mar 12, 16 11:24 AM
Help-I cannot get all arrows and big scales. I run out of room or get down to one or two and can't finish. Also, is there a way to get coins between tries? I really need the 700 and can only get 684.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

Re:5-15

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Mar 12, 16 1:34 PM
I'm away from my usual computer so will have to pull the level up for you later if this doesn't help. If you're having troubles with the board locking on you, what you need to focus upon is placing the scales so that multiple colors line up together, not just trying to get a match with only one color. Since there is only one of each color given at a time there are often scales blocking off the spots you need to get into. You have to clear out those blocking colors with scale sets first, but line up the new scales so that they can pair up with other ones if at all possible. This way you can get "cascades" of moves going.

I'd also suggest using the "cancel move" strategy: clicking on a placed scale puts it back up on the top, as long as you have at least one more scale in the set to place. This can let you explore possibilities for better/alternate placement of scales as the hex grid can be confusing for some players.

You can earn a few more coins by going back and replaying previously completed boards but unless you beat the best time you will only get 10 more coins.

Haven't checked YouTube but you might want to search there to see if there are any videos demonstrating gameplay strategy. Even if the video isn't for 5-15 I've found that the same basic tricks work for pretty much all the boards. Hope that helps.

Janette5
Clownfish
Clownfish
518 Posts

[Post New]by Janette5 on Mar 13, 16 10:45 AM
Playing the boss levels or the Colosseum will give you 300 points most of the time.

This level you just need to place the tiles carefully so that you always have a match and 3 spaces and if you find a sequence of tiles is going to block you try the 200 point power-up that changes the tiles so that you get a sequence of tiles that won't block you.

jackelfish
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

Re:5-15/6-8

[Post New]by jackelfish on Mar 13, 16 4:06 PM
Thank you all for help on 5-15. Finding out how to get more coins did the trick. Now I am I cannot get to the big green scale in the middle surrounded by straw. Have gotten all requirements, but only two straw squares have opened.???

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Mar 13, 16 5:41 PM
If I'm reading your last post correctly you're now stuck at 6-8. Here's how I do 6-8:

1) Clear the arrow at bottom left

2) Bomb rises one row. Explode bomb.

3) Put three scales (I'll call them A, B, and C for the colors) onto the three arrows at bottom right. In the diagram below, the three arrows are the A, B, and C in regular font. Next, wait for a scale set to match the colors on the top and right arrows to create this pattern (letters in bold):

xxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxA

AxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxB
xxxxxxxxB
Cxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [any]

4) Clear color A then clear blocking scales. Clear color B.

5) Clear blocking scales again; clear color C. Don't forget that you'll need to get rid of scales elsewhere in more reachable parts of the board so it doesn't lock up.

6) Work your way into the red patterned scale near the top right to clear it. To reach the last bomb, either set up green scales into the spots using the dedicated green spaces, or work your way into the three open spaces of the "corridor" until you get three of the same color on the bomb.

7) Clear out the last red patterned tile. This is easiest to do if you place a scale set that has red in the middle into the three spots around the red in the upper left so there will be only one blocking scale to clear out in order to reach the red.

Edited on 03/13/2016 at 5:46:11 PM PST

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

Re:5-15/6-8

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Mar 13, 16 6:01 PM
jackelfish wrote:Now I am I cannot get to the big green scale in the middle surrounded by straw. Have gotten all requirements, but only two straw squares have opened.???

Upon a second look I think you might mean level 6-7. Janette5 posted tips in this thread for 6-7:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/689882.page

All the bricks won't disappear but you can still work your way into the green patterned scale.

Go to: