[Post New]by naedebpat on Dec 19, 09 1:04 AM
Tell your likes and dislikes.

sandyterryb
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

Re:game reviews

[Post New]by sandyterryb on Dec 19, 09 1:37 AM
Found a numerous amount of side games----- not difficult. The hidden objects not too hard to find either. Got as far as the museum where I was to go to the basement to look for pages and was exited from game telling me to buy it to see more. Didn`t play enough of it to decide if I should buy or not. Will wait for more reviews first.

kimbacat
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by kimbacat on Dec 19, 09 2:15 AM
liked it, but too short. had just finished the riddles in chapter 5 when I was booted out with 13 minutes left in trial.

megus
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by megus on Dec 19, 09 2:29 AM
kimbacat wrote:liked it, but too short. had just finished the riddles in chapter 5 when I was booted out with 13 minutes left in trial.

actually you are now on the 12th level (there are 46 levels in this game), so for first 47 minutes, you have passed only 20% of the whole game
there is still a few hours of thrilling gameplay!
don't look to the chapter's number, the chapters are very different in terms of content

Katydidit1
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by Katydidit1 on Dec 19, 09 2:43 AM
I like it! I bought it with 12 minutes left on the demo. It's interesting enough to keep me entertained and that is a plus with me lately.

Edited on 12/19/2009 at 2:43:40 AM PST

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Dec 19, 09 2:45 AM
Well, may be I am afraid of 2012 (end of the world by Nostradamus), but I liked the game (bought it too)... .

Very good graphics, bright screens, easy to find objects, and a lot of interactions with the non-playable objects (move objects back and forth, open/close doors, etc).

New elements: many objects are given as riddles (like Azada). Quite difficult, if your first language isn't English - had to use a lot of hints; and you are asked to cook your dishes according to recipes...

As I skip almost all the puzzles, I leave the review of them to more expert players.

Pleasant and relaxing game.

[Post New]by SergioMan on Dec 19, 09 2:57 AM
I like it, magic tricks are really cool. I’m definitely going to buy this game!

DELLS148
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by DELLS148 on Dec 19, 09 3:02 AM
[b]I was on the fifth level when a screen popped up saying I had low virtual memory and closed my game does any one know how to fix this problem?
thank in in advance for your help.

lineck
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,140 Posts

[Post New]by lineck on Dec 19, 09 3:34 AM
Love this game it has many differant factors in it from tricks to card games ect as well as hidden obj and useing items give this an easy 9/10 they do not get much better for me, not too hard or too easy this would on my top games list.

Cheers
lineck

obrien60
Guppy
Guppy
168 Posts

[Post New]by obrien60 on Dec 19, 09 5:40 AM
I finished chapter 4 during free hour. Sorry, but halfway thru in one hour? I did not skip story or minigames or tutorial. This seems like a very short game. no buy for me.

kkbodine
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by kkbodine on Dec 19, 09 6:43 AM
Okay..first of all, this is a very fun game. I don't know if anyone else is having this problem but it is running sooo slooowww on my computer. I have a dual core processor with all the latest Java everything and it is still just so slow. I made sure everything else was closed, rebooted, and still the same. Also, after you play the demo and buy, you lose all your progress (well I did anyway), the whole game has to redownload. Other than these issues, it is a very good game. Happy gaming fishies.

scpotamus
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by scpotamus on Dec 19, 09 7:44 AM
I loved this game!! Lots of fun, lots of puzzles. Only strange thing was that the pointer and the objects in interactive parts were far apart, not centered on the pointer. This might be due to having the widescreen. Any one else notice this?
It was a bit difficult to deal with in the flashlit scene and the magic glass scene especially.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Dec 19, 09 8:10 AM
scpotamus wrote:I loved this game!! Lots of fun, lots of puzzles. Only strange thing was that the pointer and the objects in interactive parts were far apart, not centered on the pointer. This might be due to having the widescreen. Any one else notice this?
It was a bit difficult to deal with in the flashlit scene and the magic glass scene especially.

Yes that happens to me too and I don't remember it happening with the beta.
It is quite annoying but it does not seem to effect the gameplay.
Mine is a widescreen though I get the 2 black bars down the side.

OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by OLDBAY on Dec 19, 09 8:13 AM
Not to sure if the your games are running slow or is that just the way the game runs ? The game is ok ..not head over heels about it...reminds me a lot like dream sleuth in a way...The puzzles were interesting , Just seems like that type of game crawls for some reason or another...Don't think it was a tech issue..BUT ...we've got lots of snow people , & all I've got is TIME .......sooooo salute oh ! its a no buy..for me

scpotamus
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by scpotamus on Dec 19, 09 8:40 AM
Govegril, I found that in options, if you uncheck the box for widescreen support it works fine!!

megus
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by megus on Dec 19, 09 9:04 AM
obrien60 wrote:I finished chapter 4 during free hour. Sorry, but halfway thru in one hour?

of course Nooooo
it's just an illusion!
actually, Chapher 6+7+8 are in three times longer than the first 5 chapters. Take a look:

Chapter 1
Scene 1, 2, 3

Chapter 2
Scene 4, 5

Chapter 3
Scene 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Chapter 4
Scene 11, 12

Chapter 5
Scene 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18

Chapter 6
Scene 19, 20, 21, 22, 23

Chapter 7
Scene 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32

Chapter 8
Scene 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46

Chi3165
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by Chi3165 on Dec 19, 09 9:54 AM
Megus, are you with the proprietors/originators of the game? Just curious.

88blyth
Catfish
Catfish
1,705 Posts

[Post New]by 88blyth on Dec 19, 09 11:21 AM
i told myself....."you are not buying any more games this month"...but i was not listening to myself!!!...off to buy ..

megus
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by megus on Dec 19, 09 11:23 AM
Chi3165 wrote:Megus, are you with the proprietors/originators of the game? Just curious.

))) I have participated in beta testing program, and I know that the end of 4th chapter is only 20% of the whole game, but not half.

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Dec 19, 09 11:45 AM
megus wrote:
Chi3165 wrote:Megus, are you with the proprietors/originators of the game? Just curious.

))) I have participated in beta testing program, and I know that the end of 4th chapter is only 20% of the whole game, but not half.

DITTO!

I was told the same at other site ...can not print name!
I think its worth it / 5

PEN

Go to: