bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Cassandra's Journey 2: The Fifth Sun of Nostradamus comments and reviews

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Dec 19, 09 1:25 AM
Our reviewers haven’t had a chance to get you a review of this game yet. We do value your reviews though, as do many of the other fish in our pond, so feel free to post your own and our Big Fish reviewers will be back to throw in their two cents as soon as possible!

Happy gaming !

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

Re:Cassandra's Journey 2: The Fifth Sun of Nostradamus comments and reviews

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Dec 19, 09 4:38 AM
Not up for full review at this time but will say this one is imo lots and lots and lots of fun - oodles of variety of play, GREAT graphics, extras, interesting, all good *except* maybe a little glitchy...? Left the game to reboot and had some issues and my progress was lost. Also some slooow load times. Might be my system, tho. Still totally Poodlebear Approved!

angelfishp
Catfish
Catfish
1,600 Posts

[Post New]by angelfishp on Dec 19, 09 4:44 AM
Thank you for the review Poodlebear. I always look forward to it.

[Post New]by SlinkyEllie on Dec 19, 09 5:00 AM
Another good game ruined by being so painfully slow

Journey_1
Herring
Herring
337 Posts

[Post New]by Journey_1 on Dec 19, 09 5:03 AM
Painfully slow is exactly right!

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Dec 19, 09 5:06 AM
I absolutely love this game! Good graphic, good clues (not to hard or to easy), interesting story, good gamelength. I have bought it today. I have already played the first part of the series and the second part is better! /

kkbodine
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by kkbodine on Dec 19, 09 5:37 AM
Downloading failed three times before it finally downloaded. Now I'm stuck with the same problem with the installation. It keeps saying installation failed. Hope this isn't some precursor to how the game is going to be. Never had this problem before BF?? Something new with the download and install feature? If so, it isn't working right.

shenzie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by shenzie on Dec 19, 09 5:52 AM
I'm having problems with the note parts - clues say it's hidden behind something but I've moved everything that's movable and still haven't found the final part. Any help would be appreciated.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Dec 19, 09 6:43 AM
I got the first Journey1 a few months ago on DD and very pleasantly surprised. I'll be getting this one 2 when I finish the first. Agreed, wonderful graphics, lots of fun things to do, not too easy, not too hard for me, just fun. I keep going back to it to play a few more levels between other games and it's pretty long that way. I didn't let reviews turn me off since it was a $2.99 deal and liked the demo, so it was a real sleeper for entertainment. Just not a big challenge for expert players which I'm not.

This one is going on my "TO BUY" list for sure in January. Already got my punchcard full for Dec plus other DD's I;m a pushover for LOL. Probably shouldn't review 1 here but if you like 2 you may want to get them both.

Slow DLs, I keep thinking that is when all of us are trying to load at once when a good new one is released (?) The other night it took 40 min to load a game on highspeed cable to my Vista laptop, followed by 5 minutes on older pc with XP. Usually the other way around. Beats me. Wait awhile and try again.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Dec 19, 09 6:45 AM
This game has nice clear graphics , an interesting story and a variety of things to do.
edit: note the game took me just over 5 hours

I thought it was interesting that we had a sample demo version, even though the full download was under the 200mb minimum and the Extras button on the main menu caught my attention. Maybe at some stage this game was marked to be a Collectors Edition- don't know but the format seems interestingly familiar

Since it is NOT a collectors edition I will buy it,

edit: after playing game re: length

Edited on 12/20/2009 at 10:04:33 AM PST

sunnny
Manatee
Manatee
3,945 Posts

[Post New]by sunnny on Dec 19, 09 7:40 AM
10 minutes into the demo, I knew it was a "must buy".
Hidden object are cleverly disguised, but visible.
The only time I used a hint, it was "OMG, why did I see it?"

For entertainment

QuietLurker
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,497 Posts

[Post New]by QuietLurker on Dec 19, 09 8:16 AM
Downloaded without even looking at video or screenshots. Have been waiting for this!

No problem with download, but then I have a rather new computer.

Won't be able to look at it until later today - something to look forward to!

QuietLurker
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,497 Posts

[Post New]by QuietLurker on Dec 19, 09 8:42 AM
Bump - because there is a similar one started.

Airmid
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by Airmid on Dec 19, 09 10:04 AM
Well, hey!!, I like this one!

Game downloaded with usual speed, and I have had no problems with the game during my one hour trial. Another fishy pointed out that if you cancel the widescreen mode, you fix the 'floating' cursor on found objects. This worked for me as well. Thanks fishy for the tip!

The graphics are great, the story line is really engaging and the interaction between objects not wanted, hiding those you are looking for adds a nice touch to the game. While the objects are clear, they are not all so easy to find. I used one hint during the trial and as another stated it was an 'oh bozo head' why didn't you find that yourself!

The mini games have twists to them, which make them interesting. All in all, a lot of brain power went into this game, which has succeeded in making it really enjoyable.

The only negative I can point to, and perhaps this is a personal beef only, is the lack of actual voices during the dialogue, which is accentuated by the mouth movements!!!

I swore I was not going to purchase another game 'till I had a game credit....between Christmas and having to get not one but two new pairs of glasses (isn't getting old a real bummer!), I'm more than broke. However, I just HAVE to have this one NOw

, YOUR REALLY MUST STOP IT. Giving us all these really great games and keeping us from our work!

Happy gaming everyone.....I give it a BIG

ChocCherry
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by ChocCherry on Dec 19, 09 10:05 AM
I can't figure out how to turn the water on in the kitchen scene when I'm making the soup. I've tried all I can think of. Any help out there?

Airmid
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by Airmid on Dec 19, 09 10:09 AM
I clicked on the tap handle....didn't notice a problem with it, perhaps you have to be real specific.

Pats3
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Pats3 on Dec 19, 09 10:49 AM
Found a problem in the very first part - lighting the candles, the closest one on the mantle cannot be lit because the hand(curser) gets in the way. Any solutions?

auntj38
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by auntj38 on Dec 19, 09 10:51 AM
[b]Loved the game as much as I did the first one. Had no problem's downloading. Knew I was hooked when I played the demo. Thumb's up!!

KitKat5169
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,099 Posts

[Post New]by KitKat5169 on Dec 19, 09 11:26 AM
Two words: LOVE IT! I haven't had problems with it running slow and I do not have a new computer. So if you're not going to download because some fishies are having problems, at least try the demo...believe me, it's worth it!

zorrogumbo
Clownfish
Clownfish
550 Posts

[Post New]by zorrogumbo on Dec 19, 09 11:34 AM
tried the hr demo and a very nice game with a melting-pot of mini games but nothing new in that one except the graphics are very much o.k. and interaction in the game is a plus.

Go to: