TeresaRollen
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,896 Posts

Penny Dreadfuls: Sweeny Todd

[Post New]by TeresaRollen on Dec 19, 09 5:14 AM
The same people who created Mystery Legends: Sleepy Hollow will be releasing Penny Dreadfuls: Sweeny Todd on Christmas Day. Hope BF will get it. I loved Sleepy Hollow. Hope this one is as good.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

Re:Penny Dreadfuls: Sweeny Todd

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Dec 19, 09 5:18 AM
Thanks for the info, Teresa, sounds good! I hope we get also soon the promised Sleepy Hollow 2!

bronte311
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by bronte311 on Dec 19, 09 6:02 AM
Thanks for the info about the release date, I'm really looking forward to this one!

hilyer25
Marlin
Marlin
9,083 Posts

[Post New]by hilyer25 on Dec 19, 09 6:05 AM
Hope we get it soon! Also, Sleepy Hollow 2.

Thanks Teresa.

monkeyface881
Manatee
Manatee
4,138 Posts

[Post New]by monkeyface881 on Dec 19, 09 6:15 AM
ooh! The penny dreadful magazine/books were where the legend of sweeny todd was first created! (After the idea from Dickens in one of his books, I forget the name)
Sounds interesting!

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Dec 19, 09 6:41 AM
I loved Sleepy Hollow, despite the horror aspects. I'm leery about the subject matter of Sweeney Todd, but if the items to be found are all in period and there aren't any gory scenes then it will be a keeper I'm sure.

amj0963
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,544 Posts

[Post New]by amj0963 on Dec 19, 09 3:15 PM
i saw the screen shots over on gamezebo and i believe they had a video trailer on you tube as well, looks excellent. will definitely be a buy for me.

Sage103082
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,562 Posts

[Post New]by Sage103082 on Dec 19, 09 3:20 PM
Sleepy Hollow is one of my favorites, I hope Big fish gets it on christmas day, but I hope its not a CE, 3 this month would be to much

lovesunrises
Flounder
Flounder
2,058 Posts

[Post New]by lovesunrises on Dec 19, 09 3:22 PM
Thanks for the heads up Teresa!!!

Cptduzer
Flounder
Flounder
2,474 Posts

[Post New]by Cptduzer on Dec 19, 09 3:38 PM
just popped in to say

good to see ya LordKalvan!!

FairyonPegasus
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,501 Posts

[Post New]by FairyonPegasus on Dec 19, 09 3:39 PM
Definately have to get that one, thank you for the heads up Teresa!

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Dec 19, 09 4:38 PM
While Sleepy Hollow was one of the best Old School style Hidden Object games ever produced I find the format no longer does it to me. I enjoyed the game a lot at the beginning but found it tedious by the end I'm afraid.

So I have fingers crossed that the same level of production has been brought to this new series but that more interactivity and more challenging puzzles have been added. Sweeney Todd is a favorite (blown away by a broadcast of the George Hearn/Angela Lansbury production on PBS years back) and I'd love to see it well translated.

yourshannygirl
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,367 Posts

[Post New]by yourshannygirl on Dec 19, 09 6:04 PM
Poodlebear wrote:While Sleepy Hollow was one of the best Old School style Hidden Object games ever produced I find the format no longer does it to me. I enjoyed the game a lot at the beginning but found it tedious by the end I'm afraid.

So I have fingers crossed that the same level of production has been brought to this new series but that more interactivity and more challenging puzzles have been added. Sweeney Todd is a favorite (blown away by a broadcast of the George Hearn/Angela Lansbury production on PBS years back) and I'd love to see it well translated.

Poodlebear, you managed to put into words what I was thinking about sleepy hollow! I liked the game, but then again, I didn't and I couldn't put my finger on it, I think your explanation here fits what I was thinking.

This new game coming out sounds intriguing.

amj0963
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,544 Posts

[Post New]by amj0963 on Dec 19, 09 6:47 PM
i just went and replayed the video and it looks like it is going to be an ihog.

Divaaa
Clownfish
Clownfish
801 Posts

[Post New]by Divaaa on Dec 27, 09 7:32 AM
Just played the demo, scenes were way to dark for me, hint system is good,,

But it is also a collectors ed,,,, not worth 23.95 canadian too me

giggyann
Catfish
Catfish
1,721 Posts

[Post New]by giggyann on Jan 7, 10 4:46 PM
I really liked the game. Is bfg going to be getting it? Because I only buy from bfg.
giggyann

bigwhalez2
Manatee
Manatee
3,945 Posts

[Post New]by bigwhalez2 on Jan 7, 10 4:51 PM
Divaaa wrote:

But it is also a collectors ed,

ComputerCharm
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
17,537 Posts

[Post New]by ComputerCharm on Jan 7, 10 5:03 PM
Picman said in another thread that BFG will be getting this game.

Charm

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Jan 7, 10 9:11 PM
I like this one too...but there is a limit as to how many games I am willing to pay a premium price for... bought three hogs from other sites this week already, debated on this one too, but will try and wait for it to come here. The problem is I can go through a hog in a few hours and want to play another one, but then when BF gets them, that is just one more game that I have already played and then I go searching for one that I haven't. Sure sets up a vicious cycle, lol. This is the worst part of being an elder night owl...only people out at night are the youngens, so I stay in and play hogs.

yourshannygirl
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,367 Posts

[Post New]by yourshannygirl on Jan 7, 10 9:17 PM
ComputerCharm wrote:Picman said in another thread that BFG will be getting this game.

Charm

Oh, RATS! I wish I would have known that! I already bought it at the other place...oh well! I got to enjoy it and I had fun playing it so I don't regret that and if they get the CE then it will end up being the same price that I paid so it's not like I would've saved money, LOL! Even if they get the regular version, I tend to get the CE's over the regular version anyway, I like 'em! PLUS I got it in December so it's not like I would've gotten an extra punch on my punch card because I went wayyyyy over 6 in December...sigh! LOL!

Edited on 01/08/2010 at 12:07:17 AM PST

Go to: