problem with wire at ladder

[Post New]by GreyWolf_2323 on Dec 19, 09 10:28 AM
I set up the pulleys and trued to put the wire as the walkthrough said but the wire will not work. Every time I try to put the wire there , it tell me that won't work. Is there a cliché at this point or what. I love the game but can not proceed from here. So am at a stand still. HELP ME PLEASE!

mamaduke63
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

Re:problem with wire at ladder

[Post New]by mamaduke63 on Dec 20, 09 3:25 PM
I also am having the same problem. If you find out the solution please PM me and I will do the same.

Thanks
Mamaduke

[Post New]by mamam410 on Dec 20, 09 10:02 PM
I'm having the same problem. Pulleys are in place and wire will not attach. Help

[Post New]by uberclerk on Dec 22, 09 5:40 PM
Same here. Very frustrating!!! Maybe Santa Claus will bring me a hint.

[Post New]by classylassy523 on Dec 27, 09 2:35 AM
Has anyone solved this screen? I have referred back to the blog walkthrough and placed the pieces accordingly and still can't get the wire or elephant to attach.

Sparrow1
Minnow
Minnow
240 Posts

[Post New]by Sparrow1 on Dec 27, 09 4:58 PM
Are you sure you're placing the pulleys in the correct places? I had a great deal of frustration because I kept placing three pulleys at the bottom of the ladder. Because it lets you! You need to place two pulleys at the bottom outside holes to the left of the ladder, then place the other two pulleys at the top outside holes directly above. Then attach the wire to the pulleys. After that, place the elephant to the left of the pulleys. I hope this helps.

[Post New]by RobynMcMillen on Dec 28, 09 10:49 AM
I have followed the instructs to the letter. if you line up the oulleys the way it says you will have oulleys that are not parallel, i follow the walkthrough placing 13 on top and 2 4 on bottom still will not work

[Post New]by RobynMcMillen on Dec 28, 09 10:52 AM
sparrow according to the walk through you have to place the elephant first before you place the wire. Dont know how you did it sea but it's not working for me

Sparrow1
Minnow
Minnow
240 Posts

[Post New]by Sparrow1 on Dec 28, 09 3:17 PM
Robyn, I hadn't actually checked the walkthrough before...but according to the one that has a link in this forum-it does agree with the order that I posted. First pulleys, then wire, then elephant. At the left of the ladder there are three holes at the top and three holes at the bottom. Place the pulleys on the outside holes. Ignore the middle holes. Your pulleys will be parallel.

[Post New]by classylassy523 on Jan 17, 10 1:17 AM
Sparrow1 wrote:Robyn, I hadn't actually checked the walkthrough before...but according to the one that has a link in this forum-it does agree with the order that I posted. First pulleys, then wire, then elephant. At the left of the ladder there are three holes at the top and three holes at the bottom. Place the pulleys on the outside holes. Ignore the middle holes. Your pulleys will be parallel.

Thank you Sparrow .... followed your directions and FINALLY got off of the fire escape.

Go to: