Review: this is different?

[Post New]by supremelilgroove on Dec 19, 09 11:56 AM
Ok, so this is a different game. Not your standard boring TM game which is usual on this site. Certainly not typical and a bit harder, which I like a challenge (finally) but then I'm not lazy either. I've not reviewed games in a long while, just too busy, and now I remember why I quit. After reading the reviews here even and on other games, no wonder. The same reviewers and the same old game players review and have no sense about them. It is like the "borg" has them all assimilated ? Do you people EVER want anything new produced ? A bit of creativity and non-standard is welcomed. Do you ever go out of this shell and read the "real" reviews and go to other game sites. I do.

This IS a funny game. Those of us that have and love cats get it, and remember the 70's. My family cracked up. It has a few quirks, but all in all for a TM game (which is getting old in itself) the music is right-on disco 70's and hey guess what? Is is a bit hard, ! maybe too hard for lazy gamers eh? Sad. I am still cracking up and have not got all the way through it yet by no means. I'm going to keep at it now, that's for sure, it's caught my attention. As for lazy gamers, "sit on it" ! lol

Now I know why I do not come on this site often.

Mojave_Rain
Shark
Shark
10,693 Posts

Re:Review: this is different?

[Post New]by Mojave_Rain on Dec 19, 09 12:37 PM
Our feel good thread of the day.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Dec 19, 09 3:01 PM
Hey- I said the game was ok

I think the game needs a clearer tutorial- it took me my second time trying the game to figure out the best way to play it, though I am not the sharpest tool in the shed for sure.

I will more than likely buy it, but I understand people playing 10 minutes and deleting it. Most games these days explain the goals and controls clearly from the start and what help was that mumbly guy? It is not the people being lazy- it was the game not explained properley as I see it.

nita797
Herring
Herring
371 Posts

[Post New]by nita797 on Dec 19, 09 4:31 PM
A round of applause you not coming to this site often.

[Post New]by ziggystar12 on Dec 20, 09 8:48 AM
Hey Govegril,

Tell me what did you get stuck on the most? Was it the moving employees to other stations?

Did you notice any bugs during your play? We are going to issue a fix soon for the double click stuck cats bug, but other then that, we had a dozen people play the game before it was released and they all seemed to enjoy it.

Let me know, we want to make the game easier.

No one mentioned the game has a bunch of options in the options menu that will help tailor the game to their tastes. Interested players should have a look!

Personally I hate it when games have nothing but sound controls in the options screen.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Dec 20, 09 10:07 AM
hello ziggystar

Re: employees - i did figure that but it was a bit fiddly at times clicking on them

I need to finish the demo before I make comments - i will do so and leave them for you - maybe not today though

[Post New]by Cabbagepatcher on Dec 22, 09 12:09 AM
I hope the fix is available soon for the stuck cats bug. I have had them stuck on the employees' faces and then you have to wait until the employee runs out of hearts and sits down, which takes ages. Also I have had them stuck on the wall, one cat stretched out to the whole width of the screen before I could get it off, which also took ages.
I agree it is a bit of a new twist on the TM games. So many of them are same-old same old, over and over again. I didn't find the tutorial particularly hard to follow and I've already played the game through once, so it's not that difficult. (I still don't think any TM games are as difficult as the Diner Dash series!)
My recommendation if the tutorials are hard to follow is to create another player and go back to the tutorial from the beginning. Usually I find if I have missed something I will come to grips with it then.

[Post New]by ziggystar12 on Dec 22, 09 9:01 AM
The cats stuck is easy to get around, just click them twice. There is already a fixed version but due to the holidays it might not make it here for a few days.

beepbouy
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by beepbouy on Feb 25, 11 7:28 PM
Yes you have to say this game is original. I personally don't feel this game is worth your money but it gives you some laughs so I guess it was ok. Ha! When the cats fly off the thing and onto the walls its hilarous.

Go to: