megus
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

TRUE GAME LENGTH

[Post New]by megus on Dec 19, 09 2:57 PM
In order to avoid misunderstanding with the number of chapter and your progress in this game, I want to publish here the true content of each chapter. For example, if you've finished 4 chapters, it means that you have passed ONLY about 20% of the whole game, but not a half, as it might seem !

Chapter 1
Scene 1, 2, 3

Chapter 2 (for now you have passed only 5% of the game)
Scene 4, 5

Chapter 3 (for now you have passed only 10% of the game)
Scene 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Chapter 4 (for now you have passed only 20% of the game)
Scene 11, 12

Chapter 5 (for now you have passed only 25% of the game)
Scene 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18

Chapter 6 (for now you have passed only 40% of the game)
Scene 19, 20, 21, 22, 23

Chapter 7 (for now you have passed only 50% of the game)
Scene 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32

Chapter 8 (for now you have passed only 70% of the game)
Scene 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46

Yes, the 7 & 8 chapters are the 50% of whole the game so i think this game if for 6-7 hours of fun gameplay

Edited on 12/19/2009 at 3:03:34 PM PST

ValerieG
Minnow
Minnow
251 Posts

Re:TRUE GAME LENGTH

[Post New]by ValerieG on Dec 19, 09 4:28 PM
Thanks for the info. I always like to find out how long it will play out after the demo. If threads indicates some games are too short, I usually won't buy it. I want more bang for my buck...or 7 bucks

This one sounds like it will take up a couple evenings or so to complete.

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Dec 19, 09 4:42 PM
This is great info because the first Cassandra's Journey was very good but on the short side.

yourshannygirl
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,367 Posts

[Post New]by yourshannygirl on Dec 19, 09 5:10 PM
Wow, you've really taken the time to break that down for us. Thanks!

katzt
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by katzt on Dec 20, 09 6:38 AM
thanks megus that was helpful however i finished in just over 4 hours including demo hour

rumtmtiger
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by rumtmtiger on Dec 20, 09 7:14 AM
Very short. Finished in 2 hours. Fun game but too easy and short in my opinion.

dimajo
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by dimajo on Dec 20, 09 8:22 AM
Finished demo at chapter 4, according to walkthrought i am half way, so can t understand i should be only at 20 perc of the game, i suppose this game is good for just 2 hours playing time

Journey_1
Herring
Herring
337 Posts

[Post New]by Journey_1 on Dec 20, 09 8:45 AM
Thanks megus for your info. Once I got the game to run right it took me just under 2 hours. Im a bit confused about 6-7 hours of gameplay as each chapter passed by quite quickly. Maybe I'm just faster I guess. I don't read the stories on games like this ....only on ones if they are of the epic type. This does remind me alot of Dream sleuth however, as another poster pointed out. Still...It was fun. I'll play again in a few months.

gailfriend429
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by gailfriend429 on Dec 20, 09 3:15 PM
auntann11 wrote:Good breakdown Megas. Thanks for taking the time.

yes thank you!!! I think I will buy this one!!!
xxoogailfriend

HighlandMax
Manatee
Manatee
3,824 Posts

[Post New]by HighlandMax on Dec 21, 09 9:01 AM
I find it a bit hard to believe that anyone could finish this game in just 2 hours...it took me just over 5 hours and that was with skipping a lot of the dialogue.

[Post New]by itmustbetrue on Dec 22, 09 12:27 PM
Thanks Megus... I do enjoy a good game, but not a short one. I do check out what other people are saying about games 'cause I dont like getting shortened on short games at $7.00 bucks a pop.And I don't look at the walk-thrus unless I'm really stuck and if I get hints, then I start all over at the end with no hints as much as possible, but I do love a good hidden objects game I consider beating the game when I can get thru to the end without finally useing any help. Thanks again

polexia
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

[Post New]by polexia on Dec 22, 09 7:08 PM
HighlandMax wrote:I find it a bit hard to believe that anyone could finish this game in just 2 hours...it took me just over 5 hours and that was with skipping a lot of the dialogue.

I am a manic clicker and hate reading dialog and skip everything possible esp on the trial version and I can't see how many people possibly get these all done in like an hour or two as they say. Or why you'd want to, honestly. Makes it less worth the money the faster you play it.

[Post New]by Jpoohbutt on Jan 4, 10 4:37 PM
I Finished in 6 hrs . might hav done faster if not for the slow loading of the game. but all& all not a bad day of gaming

bunnydog
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,878 Posts

[Post New]by bunnydog on Mar 6, 10 2:37 PM
Journey_1 wrote:Thanks megus for your info. Once I got the game to run right it took me just under 2 hours. Im a bit confused about 6-7 hours of gameplay as each chapter passed by quite quickly. Maybe I'm just faster I guess. I don't read the stories on games like this ....only on ones if they are of the epic type. This does remind me alot of Dream sleuth however, as another poster pointed out. Still...It was fun. I'll play again in a few months.

I am on chapter eight and have spent about 3 hours so far on this game....less expensive than going to a movie..... and enjoying the game a lot. I 'll need to check out Dream Sleuth to see if it is something to add to my wish list. Thanks for the idea.

onetoomany
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by onetoomany on Jul 24, 10 5:16 PM
Thanks megus.....that's a REAL breakdown on time increments! Good Job!
Every player is different and the best way (for me) to tell how long a game is:
While you are playing the demo and when you decide you're finished, whether it's because the demo ended or you stopped before an hour was up, make note of where you stopped (scene or chapter), then go to the blog walkthrough on BFG or other sites that have walkthroughs and see how many chapters are in the game. On BFG they list how many chapters there are in the first couple of paragraphs before the walkthrough starts. This area does not show any parts of the game or has any Spoiler Alerts. So you can safely check it out.

In case it doesn't give the chapter list......Scroll down REALLY FAST (if you don't want to see any of the clues) until you get near the bottom and then home in on the last chapter title (usually in bold print)....then do the math...if you completed 3 chapters in an hour and the game has 12 chapters, that equals approximately 4 hours of playtime for you. If I happen to see part of the walkthrough, I don't read it, I just look (scroll) for the CHAPTER #......by the time I end up playing the game, I can't remember what I might have accidently seen.

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Jan 20, 11 9:26 AM
I usually use onetoomany's method, but that was
deceiving in this game as indeed at least half
the game is in the last two chapters. Had completed
all of chapter 2 at end of demo, but full game took
me over 7 hours. I do read everything.

Go to: