A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 03/16/2016 at 6:07:08 AM PST

MarkAlan
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for World's Greatest Places Mosaics here

[Post New]by MarkAlan on Mar 16, 16 1:48 AM
I enjoy color mosaics like Wolf Stories, but after a few levels this one introduced different shapes and the puzzles became impossible to solve logically without using a hint. You should NEVER need a hint or resort to guess-work to solve a Griddler or Mosaic puzzle. A true nonogram can ALWAYS be solved by pure logic. And a timed mode for a thinking puzzle is unnecessary and absurd. I also discovered a glitch where right-clicking a square that should have been left-clicked cannot be undone. There was no way to correct or undo the mistake without having to restart the puzzle from the beginning. So I advise that you try before you buy .

Edited on 03/17/2016 at 9:33:39 AM PST

mamachi
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by mamachi on Mar 16, 16 2:25 AM
I think it could have been a lovely game but after I find out that you only can make 2 or 3 mistakes on a level with 3 different colours and 3 differents shapes then you have to start over.
No buy

4mybirds4
Salmon
Salmon
2,663 Posts

[Post New]by 4mybirds4 on Mar 16, 16 5:46 AM
I did enjoy the switching tiles part but not the shapes. There is an area at the top you can click to have all color puzzles which was nice. I didn't think the directions were adequate (or maybe it was just me)
I still have some time left to play though and make my decision to buy or not.

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Mar 16, 16 6:08 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on World's Greatest Places Mosaics here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, as do the developers as well as your fellow gamers. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on World's Greatest Places Mosaics.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM any one of our Moderators.

bfgWaimea

anniebird
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by anniebird on Mar 16, 16 10:53 AM
MarkAlan's review was exactly right -- you cannot solve the puzzles logically and logic is the reason we who love nonograms love them.

shanyem
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by shanyem on Mar 16, 16 10:57 AM
BIG problem with this game in that it was developed for PCs and NOT MACs. It is available for MACs today and unfortunately the left/right click thing is not working. The MAC mouse does not have two buttons so that a right click will be a right click. It might (and often does) act as a left click. With this issue the game is pretty much unplayable as there are WAY too many mistakes notes - and mistakes that really are NOT mistakes. There have been other games with the same issue but seems no one cares. BTW - I would buy ALL these games as I love them....I have to pass on this as the frustration level is just too much for me.

mrm2006
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by mrm2006 on Mar 16, 16 12:56 PM
I had the opportunity to play a demo of this game on another site some time ago and was hoping BFG would release it as well. My review on my forum simply said "love it love it love it! 10+ stars!"

It does take some time to figure out. That is what makes it challenging and not as ho-hum as Fantasy Mosaics (of which I own all 13 in the series). I think if you can master Nanograms Wolf Stories, you will have an easier time mastering this game. By the way, Wolf Stories is also challenging until you finally 'get it'. Same with this game. Once you 'get it', it is still challenging but quite fun. And because I'm a bit ... well ... I HAVE to have 3 stars so it's replay, replay, replay .... and replay once more - lol.

There are 4 levels of difficulty and in 'custom' mode you can change the number of mistakes you can make up to 5, turn off the time bonus, make the hint recharge faster and more. There are lovely tidbits about various places around the world .... I want to say the first is Machu Pichu (probably misspelled lol) but that's probably not right. In any case, I think that is also a nice addition to the game.

I love nanograms and am looking forward to mastering World's Greatest Places Mosaics.

ENJOY!

Valkara
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Valkara on Mar 16, 16 1:33 PM
I turned off the timer, made no mistakes, and still only got 2 stars. Since there's no indication as to what I did wrong, this is not an inducement to purchase the game.

Also, the numbers on the grid that tell you how many squares you've selected is far too light to see. White on off-white just doesn't work.

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Please post your REVIEWS for World's Greatest Places Mosaics here

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Mar 16, 16 2:32 PM
Even using the hints, I don't think that the very first color/shape level is solvable by logic alone--at least not the level of logic I've learned from other nonograms. You can get around that by using hints, which can recharge almost instantly, but that's unpleasant.

Moreover, I have determined that the game lets you mark a space closed for a color when it's actually open, and only sometimes corrects you. That is not unpleasant, it's intolerable.

A deletion for me.

Edited on 03/16/2016 at 2:33:03 PM PST

HYDEPARK4
Minnow
Minnow
270 Posts

[Post New]by HYDEPARK4 on Mar 16, 16 2:46 PM
love these types of games but where is the place where you can change to color only puzzles
the shapes thing is driving me crazy

HYDEPARK4
Minnow
Minnow
270 Posts

[Post New]by HYDEPARK4 on Mar 16, 16 2:49 PM
restarted opening screen click on usual, not the mixed option.

dippydebby
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

[Post New]by dippydebby on Mar 16, 16 5:13 PM
I liked the game in Colours mode, but seriously could not be bothered with the shapes. What on earth was that option all about? The instructions were not clear at all, and the only one I attempted, with the help of many hints, did not encourage me to carry on!
Not a serious threat to F/Mosaics, but I bought it at the sale price, because it entertained me enough to fill a boring Sunday afternoon.

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Mar 16, 16 8:19 PM
I see a lot of playability and replay value for this game. I tried the first level with the shapes, but am personally a little tired to truly enjoy it. I switched to the "Usual" mode/ option, and enjoyed playing the puzzles. The way I see it, I could play in the "Usual" mode first, then play it again with the shapes. With the sale for members, it's a buy for me.

georgiarealist
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by georgiarealist on Mar 16, 16 11:49 PM
I've been trying the mixed mode, but there are a couple problems. Not only is there no way to solve the shapes one by logic, but there are errors cropping up. I ran into one in the lion puzzle (can't remember which level it is) where there is only one place the shape can go, but the puzzle grid has it blanked out and won't let me put the shape there. This means it won't let me finish that grid. I'll switch to the usual mode, I guess, and try that way, but there really shouldn't be this kind of mistake.

Updating to say that restarting the game let me complete that level correctly, but the errors in count on Stage 2, Level 8 appear to be permanent. On that level, some of the counts shown are just plain wrong - the grid will show that you need to put in 1 shape, but then it will fill in several. It's impossible to solve until there is a fix for this.

Although I'm not happy about the lack of logical solutions on some levels, the variety of challenges in this game are interesting. I just wish the errors were fixed.

Edited on 03/18/2016 at 2:18:27 PM PST

[Post New]by Snowdragon_23 on Mar 17, 16 12:05 AM
I'm enjoying it. A bit more work than the usual mosaic games (have to switch back and forth between the colors and shapes) but it's fun. I really like the options in custom mode.
It would be more satisfying to play if we could mark out sections by shape and by color instead of just by color. Also the numbers (white on off-white as someone mentioned above) can be unnecessarily hard to read.
Bought it with the sale today. Looking forward to the next one.

Spookys_Mom
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by Spookys_Mom on Mar 17, 16 5:40 AM
This is a definite “No Buy” for me. After the usual fill in the squares with one color/three colors I thought the instructions became very unclear. Once they started the different shapes and the swapping of tiles the puzzles became impossible to solve logically without using the hint button over and over. As I believe (and someone said earlier) true nonograms should be solvable with logic and without hints. Not so with these puzzles and I like to play without using any hints; for me that is the fun in the puzzle hence the “No Buy”. In my opinion The Penguins have nothing to worry about. They can relax and finish fixing the cottage up for their Uncle. As always demo for yourself and decide.

Edited on 03/17/2016 at 5:41:32 AM PST

jpabich
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by jpabich on Mar 17, 16 8:30 AM
I'm playing in casual, usual mode and I keep seeing this timer thing pop up in the left corner counting down. There is no explanation of what it is and what I'm supposed to do with it. Do I have to finish the color by the time it runs out? I thought there was no timer in casual mode. Do you get extra points or something while it is counting down?

I gave it two tries in the demo, but I cannot believe that this will be a fun and relaxing gaming experience for me.

Valkara
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Valkara on Mar 17, 16 3:25 PM
jpabich wrote:I'm playing in casual, usual mode and I keep seeing this timer thing pop up in the left corner counting down. There is no explanation of what it is and what I'm supposed to do with it. Do I have to finish the color by the time it runs out? I thought there was no timer in casual mode. Do you get extra points or something while it is counting down?

I gave it two tries in the demo, but I cannot believe that this will be a fun and relaxing gaming experience for me.

Apparently if you don't finish on time (even in casual mode), you don't get 3 stars.

I hate being timed with these puzzles. I've done the same one 3 times, as fast as possible, and still only get 2 stars. For this reason and for others that have been mentioned in previous posts, this is a no-sale.

It's a shame, since the music is nice and relaxing. But I prefer a game that plays fair, and this one doesn't.

[Post New]by blackduckUK on Mar 18, 16 7:48 AM
Hi all, like many other people I have found this game very frustrating, I did buy it on sale as I do like a challenge especially mosaics, my issues have been as follows

1. in shapes mode the numbers do not always match the solution thus a logical pick for solution gives you an error, and you end up with a game that is completed, but not recognised with no idea what to do
2. if playing in "usual mode, the stars you earn are not saved so if you leave the game and come back later, you cannot start where you left off, you can only restart from the beginning! so your profile data is not saved
3. absolutely no idea what the rules are as far as how the timer works
4. in a lot of levels there is actually no logical solution, you either have to guess or use a hint

This is such a shame as the game has great potential, and would be fun

Go to: