PuppyDogMom1
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

Warning

[Post New]by PuppyDogMom1 on Dec 19, 09 8:29 PM
If you have any kind of a snake phobia...don't get this game. Unfortunately, I did without knowing that. The little trip to the jungles? Of course. I'm probably half through the game, and I can't get any further. Up to this point, it was a lot of fun. I'd really like my credit back. I'm really sick of good games being spoiled by that.

lineck
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,140 Posts

Re:Warning

[Post New]by lineck on Dec 19, 09 8:46 PM
I have a fear that goes way back for special reasons of mice and Rats but found I just had to shudder and get through that bit in games as most have then hidden

It is a great game for me it is on the top of my list, as it has that much differant games within the game.

Cheers
lineck

PuppyDogMom1
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by PuppyDogMom1 on Dec 20, 09 4:03 AM
lineck wrote:I have a fear that goes way back for special reasons of mice and Rats but found I just had to shudder and get through that bit in games as most have then hidden

It is a great game for me it is on the top of my list, as it has that much differant games within the game.

Cheers
lineck

I've managed to work through the occasional "thing" in a search, but not a whole page, especially when they're jumping out of a barrel. I agree it's a great game, which is why I used a credit to get it. It's uncomfortable when there might be one, but this is not something I can handle. I guess I should just stick to match-3.

ADTech
Herring
Herring
374 Posts

[Post New]by ADTech on Dec 20, 09 7:55 AM
No problems with snakes, spiders are my problem.

purplehaze72
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,258 Posts

[Post New]by purplehaze72 on Dec 20, 09 8:01 AM
i don't like snakes or spiders in real life but the ones in the game don't bother me, its not like they are going to jump out of the computer and get me

[Post New]by Keg2008 on Dec 21, 09 8:25 AM
Thank you so much PuppyDogMom. I too have a phobia about snakes. I was a bit worried when I saw a reference to slithering in Chapter 1 but didn't spot anything in a quick scan of the walkthrough so was planning to buy this game with this month's token as I liked the trial. Now I'll wait for something else. Thanks again.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Dec 21, 09 9:07 AM
They all give me the creeps, snakes, spiders, rats, mice. Even bats. But for some reason I get great satisfaction pointing and killing the beasts!! I like getting rid of them from my sight. It's just one crawly cockroach in BCSanFrancisco jail that I can't kill, not on the list. And in an Agatha Christi that rat that I know is going to run out of a car in the garage. I sit in wait to kill that one, but sometimes it isn't on the list. Just makes me play faster to get out of there. If they freak you out, take the upper hand and rid the world of them is my solution. May help get over a phobia?

Don't like lizards either cuz they are hard to find, so many variations. Snakes are easy to see for me. Ratherpoint and kill 'em than punch a teddy bear when I'm angry. I like Teddy Bears.

I like Cassandra 1 very much to my surprise, great clear graphics and fun play, so I'm sure I will like C2 as much when I finish my other games first I'd buy it without a trial. Thanks for preparing me to be ready to rid the world of more. Let's play Pied Piper or St Paddy and not run away??

[Post New]by apollo2fish on Dec 21, 09 9:13 AM
i always tell myself.I say self dont be scared of things smaller than you.

mygames49
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by mygames49 on Dec 21, 09 9:36 AM
You have got to be kidding me.!!!!!!!!! snakes, rats, mouse, spiders or whatever. People its just a game. You act like this because of a game I wonder how u act in real life. I dont care for the animals above. But i would win in a fight with this animals. lol.

[Post New]by nykelli1843 on Dec 21, 09 11:12 AM
I wouldn't expect them to refund your money based on specific hatred or phobia such as that.

I can't stand monkeys or clowns yet I play games that feature them.

Can't please everyone.

ducle
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
422 Posts

[Post New]by ducle on Dec 21, 09 3:18 PM
I sympathize with the snake phobia crowd, I belong there myself. Even pictures of snakes in magazines make me very uncomfortable. People with phobias can tell the difference between reality and fantasy, we're not psychotic. But it is upsetting to come across them in a game, or a movie, when you aren't expecting them especially.

purplehaze72
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,258 Posts

[Post New]by purplehaze72 on Dec 21, 09 3:34 PM
i am sorry that some have phobias that are so severe that you can't play a simple game just because they are on the screen. i may not understand it but i guess your entitled to say how you feel about them in a game.

but that doesn't mean that big fish should have to refund money back. i think in about every hog i have played there has been spiders and snakes in them at some point. nor should they have to get so detailed about every little thing that may be in the game.

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Dec 22, 09 12:26 PM
mygames49 wrote:You have got to be kidding me.!!!!!!!!! snakes, rats, mouse, spiders or whatever. People its just a game. You act like this because of a game I wonder how u act in real life. I dont care for the animals above. But i would win in a fight with this animals. lol.

I agree with mygames. It is just a game. Please don't expect the snake to jump out and bite you because it won't and I can guarantee that. And to be asking them to refund you is totally uncalled for. In mostly all hidden object games they have snakes. And in a lot of them they have booze. I am a recovering alcoholic with almost 19 years of sobriety next month and I will be doggone if I am going to give up hidden object games because there is booze in it. OMG it's going to cause me to run to the nearest liquor store, NOT!! Totally ridiculous. Shucks I don't mind picking up pythons and boas, they're cool!

Sassy

oct2447
Stingray
Stingray
5,937 Posts

[Post New]by oct2447 on Jan 27, 11 3:56 PM
Perhaps.........just maybe...........if you can stand to play the game, even part way, would it possibly help to desentize you a bit (just playing back seat psychologist here)

Go to: