Stormydem
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

Re:Dark Manor- suggestions/requests for the developers

[Post New]by Stormydem on Apr 23, 14 5:08 PM
papa_pahs wrote:Facebook: now that IOS players can see the real name and photo of players who have linked to FB, I would find it helpful to be able to identify IOS players so that as a PC player, I can delete them from my neighbour list. While I understand the advantages to having a FB 'backup' of each player's game, the privacy violations need to be addressed.

Edited on 04/23/2014 at 5:10:58 PM PST

temp_89120
Catfish
Catfish
1,631 Posts

[Post New]by temp_89120 on Apr 24, 14 6:41 PM
Current main issues from my viewpoint.

PC, non-touch, non-facebook
level 68

1: GIFTS
I don't have the time anymore to use up my energy and am well over 100. I have 50 energy gifts showing that I can't use since I'm maxed. But I have non-energy gifts that I can't see. Because of this, I don't accept new neighbors and have been reducing the ones that I do have. If I can't see new gifts then I can't reciprocate and that's unfair. Need to see all gifts.

And leave the gifts in the sequence that they were received - oldest first. Otherwise it's a nightmare.

2: MAIL
It was rudimentary at best but totally non-functional now. When visiting, no manor information is displayed and the mailbox doesn't work.

3: NEIGHBORS SORT
This continues to be annoying. Sorting only needs to be done once when coming in from your own manor and then when loading additional neighbors or when pressing the sort button. I sort primarily by Name. Quit treating Name as an address field - I'm not going to use it to send out Christmas cards. The address sort doesn't even work consistently. When I come back from a visit to a screenful of Elms or Mockingbirds the entries are frequently re-ordered. And the 'Press to load more' should be 'Press to load remainder'.

Edited on 04/25/2014 at 12:06:46 AM PST

[Post New]by BellaLilyChloe on Apr 25, 14 6:33 AM
I'm in the middle of a complete redo of my manor grounds. I decided to make an area with the Asian-themed stuff, and realized that there's not much to put there. So, may we have more Asian-themed things, like temple dogs, blossoming cherry trees, bamboo fencing, etc.? Maybe a sushi restaurant or a Japanese tea house...

Thanks for listening.

Bayou Noir Landing

temp_89120
Catfish
Catfish
1,631 Posts

[Post New]by temp_89120 on Apr 25, 14 1:35 PM
Chapter 11, Rowdy Rooftop, the image identified as a flute appears to have a mouthpiece and should probably be labeled as a clarinet.

Chapter 14, Rough Landing, the image identified as a cricket looks much more like a grasshopper.

ArgentFarfel
Herring
Herring
321 Posts

[Post New]by ArgentFarfel on Apr 25, 14 7:12 PM
Glad to see Easter decorations gone. They were the least impressive, I thought. Hope you can devise something for Memorial Day. Some ghostly Revolutionary and Civil War soldiers, maybe?
Thanks for all you do.
Argent

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Apr 26, 14 6:52 AM
SLOT MACHINE

I think the slot machine was badly designed and I propose the following changes:

1. We will be able to play using silver, not useless tokens. Or if the tokens remain, they should be redeemable- to the same currency that was used to purchase them (silver or gold).
2. We will be getting a variety of prizes, however small or large: energy, juju, silver, gold, plus various ornaments and enigmas from the existing collection. Also, new prizes can be introduced such as discount cards on item prices, brewing periods, extra XPs etc. Ok, the latter part sounds a bit like Monopoly and may be complicated, but if we had them I would play the slot machine more often.
3. Last but not least, every month or so, a new exclusive attraction or walker will be intoduced as the prize of the month, and the previous one will become part of the permanent collection- ie it will be available for purchase.

These are ways in which the slot machine will be incorporated into the game and will not be irrelevant and boring as it is now.

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Apr 26, 14 7:16 AM
EXCLUSIVE ITEMS

I think all exclusive items should at some later point become available for purchase.There is no point in discriminating against people using game unrelated criteria such as Facebook connection. That was totally unfair! Also, why should someone who missed a scavenger hunt, or was not even playing at the time, not be able to purchase the prize item later? Making all items eventually available to everyone is easy, it will make all players happy and will result in more sales for BFG.

DRAGON

Similarly, I think we should have two dragons instead of one morphing into another during the life of the silver boost. Both dragons should be available for sale and I would like them to be two permanent and separate objects, not some 2-in-one temporary thing which messes our grounds up: because the two dragons are entirely different and each requires a different setup.

ArgentFarfel
Herring
Herring
321 Posts

[Post New]by ArgentFarfel on Apr 27, 14 3:33 PM
Here's a suggestion. On perhaps three occasions, I cleared a scene before time ran out. Would it be possible to reward us with a gold bar (or two) if we can do that at home or playing a neighbor's blitz? That would be soooo awesome if we got an explosion and congratulations and the gold bar (or two)!
Thanks for considering this.
Argent

temp_89120
Catfish
Catfish
1,631 Posts

[Post New]by temp_89120 on Apr 28, 14 9:14 PM
Next Easter (knock on formica covered pressboard) I'd like to see a walker that is a little white bunny in the daytime that takes long hops (similar to how Auntie Boil swoops) and then in the nighttime changes into the hulking bad bunny by the manor entrance and takes the smaller steps.

temp_89120
Catfish
Catfish
1,631 Posts

[Post New]by temp_89120 on Apr 29, 14 3:16 PM
Tickle the Jazz Bone - wouldn't the sounds make more sense if the lady at the bar was drinking from a champagne glass?

ETA: And why is there sound at all when I have the Sound and Music turned completely down?

Edited on 04/29/2014 at 9:06:08 PM PST

[Post New]by l3erine on Apr 30, 14 11:13 AM
Hi, since my account is not linked to my Facebook page, I am responding to the question about if I were to make a walker what Walker would I make? One of my favorite chapters was the Hocqua and the frozen journey. I'd love to see baby penguins and baby polar bears that become "evil" at night!

cugie
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by cugie on Apr 30, 14 4:16 PM
I would like to see the white rose bush under the premium gifts. I know it's not much, but it beats the dreadful grave marker.

Thanks BFG!

cugie
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by cugie on Apr 30, 14 4:56 PM
wen3 wrote:
Some questions I would like to see addressed and I am sure my fellow players have some to add as well, are as follows:
1) Who sees what - depending on if you use a pc or ios?
2) What information is displayed?
3) Does Facebook privacy settings affect what is displayed? Public vs. Friends Only
4) Access to my personal Facebook page and information
5) Options setting for Game levels (something was mentioned about that)
6) Explain how to set up a FB account for just my mansion(s) and not my personal account
7) Anything and Everything I don't know about regarding linking my mansion to FB!

1. Computer shows mansion name and picture you picked in the game, ipad shows your name and your profile picture if your pictures are not set to private.
2. Name and picture.
4. Not from Dark Manor the game.
6. Get an email account, make a name and sign up. You need to get an email address that is NOT linked to another account on fb. FB only allows 1 email address.

I hope this helps, I can't answer all the questions, but wanted to help you so you can set up a new account.

Edited on 04/30/2014 at 8:27:47 PM PST

temp_89120
Catfish
Catfish
1,631 Posts

[Post New]by temp_89120 on May 1, 14 11:36 AM
I am on a PC, win 8.0 64 bit, non-touch, non-FB.

I want to see the entire area: opposite river bank, river, manor, and (currently) 48 land parcels. At the moment I can see less than 25% of this. If you're not capable of providing this then provide a view in Options of a non-oblique overhead view that identifies the outside boundary, the un-purchased areas, purchased areas that are occupied and purchased areas that are un-occupied. Thanks.

mary8812
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by mary8812 on May 1, 14 4:19 PM
takes to long to get land when you purchased areas I don't thank 4 or 5 days be for you can get your land you don't have room to purchased what you need

mary

[Post New]by flyrobinfly2014 on May 1, 14 6:50 PM
cugie wrote:I would like to see the white rose bush under the premium gifts. I know it's not much, but it beats the dreadful grave marker.

Thanks BFG!

temp_89120
Catfish
Catfish
1,631 Posts

[Post New]by temp_89120 on May 2, 14 9:12 PM
I'd like to be able to reject all gifts. How about an Options setting for that? In the gifting screen the gift would have a red X through it.

eden02
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by eden02 on May 3, 14 9:56 AM
I really wish in one of these updates you'd add some more achievements. The game gets really tedious in the upper levels because it takes so long to accumulate xp and juju. It would be great if we could still get gold for filling vials, scoring over 1000000, visiting neighbors,etc. I find myself playing the same HOS over and over because it gives the most silver and xp. There's no inducement to go back and fill vials in earlier scenes because they don't pay enough and I've already maxed out on filling vials for achievements.

[Post New]by MercilessMing on May 3, 14 10:24 PM
Greetings humble game developers,

Ming would like
an apple tree,
a sheep,
a deathray,
a Brussels sprouts stand (YUM!),
some iron gates (like in the picture)
and a ghostly moderator walker to keep my manor tidy,

ming,
Great GOLDEN NARWHALSHARK and Emperor of Mingo City,

klfrr
Clownfish
Clownfish
807 Posts

[Post New]by klfrr on May 4, 14 3:37 PM
To the DM developers: Please don't change the scenes like you did for Chapter 1.2 Haunted House. Here is why:

1. The early chapters have low silver earnings, so people don't want to play it. The scene is unappreciated.
2. Players are dying for new scenes. A modified old scene released as a bonus scene or a scene in the next chapter would go over much better.
3. Changing a scene makes us anal List Makers CRAZY!

Personally, I'm hoping for more achievements, scavenger hunts, and tournaments.

Go to: