Re:Post any Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery PC technical issues here only

[Post New]by flyrobinfly2014 on Mar 18, 14 7:02 PM
klfrr wrote:DM techs, please check out the thread about the lightning blitzes being missing. Some of us players have lost the lightning blitz mode. It won't show up on any HOS, no matter what we try (well short of paying 2 gold pieces), including uploading the latest update.
I am having the same issue on lightning blitz. Only played 1 since opening final scene Monday and that was bought with gold. I am also having visual over lappings on items closest to manor especially bad over lapping of items on far left corner near my attractions. I am playing on a pc my manor is 1438481. Also when opened The Poles Vault I never received any gold or new quests to do. I did receive the Owl though. Can this be fixed? I hope I like doing lightning blitz. I am so addicted to this game been playing since Oct. Thanks in advance to any help received.

Soobiedoo
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by Soobiedoo on Mar 19, 14 9:01 AM
My stuff won't move! Can anyone help me out with suggestions? I contacted Customer Service 6 days ago and got the automated response, but nothing since then. I'm sure they're busy but I am getting frustrated. I am appealing to players now for any ideas on how to get my things moving again. To be specific, my walkers move, my machines are working just fine, and I can add things to my manor, BUT ... once in place, nothing moves. I've tried in both day and night modes, micro & macro view. I have deleted then re-installed my game. I have deleted then re-installed my game manager. Still nada. I really enjoy this game, but it's not as much fun when my redecorating function won't function. I play on a PC with Windows 7 (8 was not to my liking!) If anyone has any suggestions as to what I might try next to get my stuff 'un-frozen', I would be most appreciative.

March 20/14: I figured it out! Yay! You have to have the items bar open at the bottom. Duh.

Edited on 03/20/2014 at 9:20:29 AM PST

Crliles
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Crliles on Mar 20, 14 12:49 PM
I lost 7 gold today. Just disappeared. How do I get it back?
Please fix the energy counter, what a pain.

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Mar 20, 14 7:08 PM
After the latest update that was supposed to fix bugs my game is worse than before:

- Game freezes (access violations), closes or gives "no internet connection" message (a feature I hadn't seen recently and was supposed to be fixed anyway).

- Game lags more, particlularly when visiting or playing neighbor blitzes, where it is really bad.

- Neighbor list/gifting is weird, with full neighbor list inexplicably fluctuating while I receive gifts from (pinned) neighbors who have last played days ago. Gift icons continue to be black at least half of the time.

-The path layering issue has not been fixed.

- ??? Attractions continue acting weird sometimes.

- There is the recent issue of lightning blitzes disappearing from all except split scenes.

- Sometimes when I play earlier scenes previously filled vials appear half empty but when I return they are full again.

I am not filing yet another report. These are clearly game glitches (confirmed by tech supp in previous correspondence) and I would appreciate it if they are finally FIXED!

Playing on PC, win 7, 64-bit OS.

[Post New]by Vavacelli85 on Mar 21, 14 5:16 AM
Hi!
My game keeps shutting off right after I use my lightning to start a new puzzle.....I have spent 30 this morning for nothing. This has been happening for a couple of weeks now. The game spontaneously just shuts off and I have to log back in....most often when I am about to play or already playing a level. My internet connection
Is solid. Thanks

Val

[Post New]by disgruntled_ewok on Mar 21, 14 8:28 AM
I'm having the same issue with the lightning blitzes. I get an access error message and the entire game dumps. It's irritating when you are visiting a neighbor and doing a lightning blitz for extra points; but the one time it did it to me when I had paid energy and had gone through the round, only to lose my earned points and the energy I spent, that's maddening. Ever since I did the update, I have experienced more issues with crashing, errors, disconnects, and lag.

iPad crashes out of Dark Manor

[Post New]by HCAgrippa on Mar 22, 14 6:46 AM
Once in a long while, prior to the current update, the game would suddenly crash out. Now it happens about 50% of the time, making the game almost unplayable.

What happens is that I select an HO board to play, from the Chapters list. I tap the chosen board, and it says it's loading in the expected mode. The board comes up, and then almost immediately my iPad returns to the home screen. If I try to swap back to the game, it reloads from start, and the energy I spent to start the board is lost.

As mentioned, this is now happening about 50% of the time, making the game pretty much unplayable.

I have tried shutting down all other apps, restarting the iPad from full shutdown, and so on -- nothing works. Wifi access is strong and does not cause problems with other apps.

[Post New]by Linda1002 on Mar 22, 14 7:14 PM
My energy points only regenerate either when I playing the game or in the morning. They were regenerating no matter when and I could come back on and play again before the next day.

maxjo25
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by maxjo25 on Mar 23, 14 6:27 PM
hi I have new pc have games app on it how do I get my games back

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Mar 24, 14 11:39 AM

We are continuing to test potential fixes for the crashing issues. We aren't sure if these will fix all of the problems or even some of them without extensive testing. We are unwilling to install anything to your game until we know if it will help (and also that it won't cause more issues).

If you're one of the unlucky players that is suffering from this crashing issue, please consider playing Midnight Castle until you hear from us on this page that we have installed fixes.

This was posted an hour ago on DM facebook home page. Sounds like bad news. Doesn't clarify which platforms they are talking about- iOS currently has the most problems but PC also has serious issues. I wonder why this forum isn't updated (or is updated belatedly, as was the case with the last PC update) and we have to rely on facebook.

BertKCin
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by BertKCin on Mar 24, 14 1:22 PM
I've already left 3posts but they are gone. So...I've played the Pictures in the Attic quest 100 times and it won't give me a prize or clear the dialogue from the scene. The recent update did not fix it. I don't want to spend 36 gold to skip it. Help.

upthkazo2
Minnow
Minnow
242 Posts

[Post New]by upthkazo2 on Mar 24, 14 2:13 PM

The update or whatever you made, has now caused my walkers to walk in one spot, they don't go anywhere. Also my game just froze.

upthkazo2 at Scamps Hollow.

[Post New]by Boysmamma on Mar 24, 14 2:24 PM
BJgothic , Hi
Thanks for your help, I am working my way through all your suggestions and am having some success , I'm now in my Manor ,Phew ,and the time it takes to load is less . Thanks again Boysmamma.

upthkazo2
Minnow
Minnow
242 Posts

[Post New]by upthkazo2 on Mar 24, 14 3:11 PM

Luckily my walkers have started walking the way they should, and my game has become unfroze. Maybe it just needed time to adjust to the adjustment.

upthkazo2

bfgMurrumbidgee
1,338 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Mar 24, 14 3:16 PM
G'day,

I am so happy to hear that your walkers are walking again upthkazo2 , that must've been a sight.

We are going to keep working on the issues that our players are reporting and we hope to have all the gremlins tamed very soon.

bfgMurrumbidgee

[Post New]by 4PrivetDrive on Mar 24, 14 4:04 PM
Thought I should give my 2 cents worth, not that we have pennies any more. So, I have not been having the crash issues others have. The only thing that I have noticed, that is really out of the ordinary, is a spot in my Mansion where things kind of disappear. It is an area that is 18 squares to the left of the mansion door extending 6-10 squares, down from the 0-10 squares that it was last week. I am beginning to think of it as my Manor Bermuda Triangle. This is not really creating a problem for me, but I do hope that it helps you in figuring out the issues others are having.

[Post New]by Needleheim on Mar 25, 14 1:57 PM
Even since yesterday's update I haven't been able to play. It gets to the DM black screen and just hangs. I have done the un/reinstall/reboot dance 5 times now and searched the forums for other answers to no avail.

In a word: help!

LaReinaGitana
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,007 Posts

[Post New]by LaReinaGitana on Mar 26, 14 10:33 AM
I started a major remodel of my grounds last night and I would move a few objects, get kicked out; move a few objects, get kicked out; move a few objects ... just constantly starting and re-starting. While it's not as serious a problem as not being able to get into the game at all, it was annoying, and I just wanted to report it as a glitch.

[Post New]by Meglynn926 on Mar 27, 14 10:09 AM
I can't play any HO scene without crashing. I play on my ipad no matter how charged or if it's plugged in it crashed constantly. It's getting too frustrating to even play the game.

HoosierAmy
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,227 Posts

[Post New]by HoosierAmy on Mar 28, 14 4:54 PM
Been having the intermittent crashes also, not much rhyme or reason to them: entering/exiting HOS, Visiting Neighbors. Mostly always lockes up after sending a message. But have also noticed the game at times will continue running in the background. I have a monitor on my screen that tells me CPU and RAM usage, so when I see the RAM really high when I only should have my desktop running, I click on the task manager and see that DM is still running in the background. This is when I'm able to close the game out completly using the 6 exit buttons we need to exit safely...hummmmmm

eta: but not always...

Edited on 03/28/2014 at 5:26:02 PM PST

Go to: