tcarter50
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

Re:Post your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by tcarter50 on Apr 22, 14 3:41 PM
The new update did not stop scenes from opening with no list of objects - trying to collect flowers in allotted time have to shut down game.

 
rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

Re:Post your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Apr 22, 14 4:55 PM
My ISP has been slowing down dramatically lately so I've been getting a lot of server connection errors. Do you have any technical specs on what the minimum download and upload speeds need to be to play the game? At the moment I've got download 1.7 MB/sec and upload of 0.13 KB/sec, which I know doesn't work.
thanks
Rose

 
chris_2_4
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

Re:Post your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by chris_2_4 on Apr 22, 14 5:00 PM
OML the new update has combined MC with the gawdawful magic kingdom game. And they have changed the food stuffs, so you don't know what's what. The only real improvement is that the wishlist section now shows who needs stuff on the left list - which has allowed me to realise that Player Liz, whom I have been after returning things to for a long time, but she was never on the wishlists, is actaually listed there as simply Player!
Surprising to see that it is not only microsoft that screws up good things when it "upgrades" them. Guess MK was not popular, so they decided not to waste all the efforts put into it, and combined it here - so now they will make MC just as unpopular. Shame shame (I may be wrong, as that "kingdom" has not opened yet, and I still have the first tasks from the Ogre - which doesn't make sense "there may be glass shards in the bar counter" and when you go there you just play the usual HOS, but no shards..... hmm - anyway, it looks awful and the screen is SO cluttered now, several of the flowers are hidden behind icons. There are long black borders on each side of the screen: why not put the icons there??)

Edited on 04/22/2014 at 5:43:00 PM PST


 
awalkinglady
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

Re:Post your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by awalkinglady on Apr 22, 14 5:09 PM
Since installing the update, the game WILL NOT CLOSE. When I exit the game as usual, it simply does not close, does not return to the BFG Manager as it used to. I can open up the Manager but get an error message that another game is running. Since I have several MC games on my computer, this is a huge annoyance. The only thing I can do if I want to re-enter the game is to restart my computer. THANKS ALOT FOR THIS ISSUE, BFG!!!

 
tazruby2000
Flounder
Flounder
2,399 Posts

Re:Post your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by tazruby2000 on Apr 22, 14 5:40 PM
I was noticing that the MidnightCastle.exe was still running in the task manager after exiting the game. I actually had to click on it and had to click to end process from the task manager. I guess I will have to go to the task manager every time so the game is not still running. I hope they fix the issue.

 
chris_2_4
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

Re:Post your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by chris_2_4 on Apr 22, 14 5:44 PM
tazruby2000 wrote:I was noticing that the MidnightCastle.exe was still running in the task manager after exiting the game. I actually had to click on it and had to click to end process from the task manager. I guess I will have to go to the task manager every time so the game is not still running. I hope they fix the issue.

I noticed that too - well not MC but Bigfishgame.exe is there constantly when you shut the game. Tempted to disable it in "services", but then the game may die completely

 
tazruby2000
Flounder
Flounder
2,399 Posts

Re:Post your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by tazruby2000 on Apr 22, 14 6:22 PM
Bigfishgame.exe only stays running a few minutes after you shut down the game. It shuts down until you play another game, this is part of the game manager/app and can't be disabled.

 

Re:Post your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by bates1908 on Apr 22, 14 6:56 PM
Since the update I only have access to 3 of my wishlist items. I'm pretty sure I had all four filled before the update but after I installed the update only three slots were filled. When I click on something to fill the fourth slot it just says "Please wait" forever. I have to click the "X" to close the wishlist and come back into it and it will still say "Please wait" for a few more seconds then it goes away but the slot is still empty.

Anyone else having this issue?

 
chris_2_4
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

Re:Post your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by chris_2_4 on Apr 22, 14 7:32 PM
I feel I owe BF an apology It is most ungrateful for me to complain as I have done - you have provided a wonderful and addictive game, for free. Thank you BF; I may not constitute part of your target audience, as buying gems etc is not possible for me now, so it is doubly-ungrateful of me to harp on about flaws in the program. Thanks again for the entertainment

 
jforever
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

Re:Post your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by jforever on Apr 22, 14 7:35 PM
Love the new update! However, when I go to add something to my wish list, it tells me to please wait and then nothing happens. I've never had this problem before! Before the update, had an egg on the wish list, which is still there but I cannot put anything else on my wish list. Frustrating.

 
chipper23
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

Re:Post your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by chipper23 on Apr 22, 14 7:48 PM
bates1908 wrote:Since the update I only have access to 3 of my wishlist items. I'm pretty sure I had all four filled before the update but after I installed the update only three slots were filled. When I click on something to fill the fourth slot it just says "Please wait" forever. I have to click the "X" to close the wishlist and come back into it and it will still say "Please wait" for a few more seconds then it goes away but the slot is still empty.

Anyone else having this issue?
Yes..I have 3 open spaces but it will only fill two..Came here to see if I was the only one having this problem,

 

Re:Post your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by bekkih on Apr 22, 14 9:23 PM
Having the same issue with my wish list - 4 slots but can only fill 3. Also, I get the 'please wait...' when I try to click on anyone in my friend list and it is STILL not giving me the 'thank you' cards after gifting somebody...

For those having trouble with 'no update available' - go to your control panel and uninstall the game, then go back to bigfish and reinstall it. Should install the updated version

 
Lioula
Clownfish
Clownfish
686 Posts

Re:Post your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by Lioula on Apr 22, 14 10:38 PM
Dear friends of "MIDNIGHT CASTLE" forum good morning from Greece.

I have been playing the game on my daughter's laptop and I have reached level 14.

I have 1 question :

I tried to play the game on my desktop but I see that it starts right from the beginning.

Is there any way to continue thew game on my desktop from the point I left it on the Laptop?


I would appreciate any reply.

Thank you

 
tazruby2000
Flounder
Flounder
2,399 Posts

Re:Post your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by tazruby2000 on Apr 22, 14 10:57 PM
Lioula wrote:Dear friends of "MIDNIGHT CASTLE" forum good morning from Greece.

I have been playing the game on my daughter's laptop and I have reached level 14.

I have 1 question :

I tried to play the game on my desktop but I see that it starts right from the beginning.

Is there any way to continue thew game on my desktop from the point I left it on the Laptop?


I would appreciate any reply.

Thank you
You will have to transfer your game save from the computer you are using to the one you want to use. It is best to copy the files to a flash drive to move them over. I posted the thread that has how to access the application data, where the game save is. Just like for the game developers name on the game, I would post it but it won't show up.

Can You Transfer Game Settings, Name & ID Number, to a New Computer?

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/277334.page

Just look for my post, it is the 3rd one.

 
fylgia
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

Re:Post your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by fylgia on Apr 23, 14 12:19 AM
bates1908 wrote:Since the update I only have access to 3 of my wishlist items. I'm pretty sure I had all four filled before the update but after I installed the update only three slots were filled. When I click on something to fill the fourth slot it just says "Please wait" forever. I have to click the "X" to close the wishlist and come back into it and it will still say "Please wait" for a few more seconds then it goes away but the slot is still empty.

Anyone else having this issue?


Me too have exactly the same problem!! And I know that I had all four slots filled before the update.

 
barregar
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,249 Posts

Re:Post your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by barregar on Apr 23, 14 12:25 AM
awalkinglady wrote:Since installing the update, the game WILL NOT CLOSE. When I exit the game as usual, it simply does not close, does not return to the BFG Manager as it used to. I can open up the Manager but get an error message that another game is running. Since I have several MC games on my computer, this is a huge annoyance. The only thing I can do if I want to re-enter the game is to restart my computer. THANKS ALOT FOR THIS ISSUE, BFG!!!


That happens to me too, so I had to come in here to see if anyone else is having that issue. It is so frustrating!!! It never happened before until this new update. I have to restart my computer every time after I play this game because it will not close.....that should not be the case. I hope the devs. will look into this issue.

 
Lioula
Clownfish
Clownfish
686 Posts

Re:Post your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by Lioula on Apr 23, 14 1:07 AM
tazruby2000 wrote:
Lioula wrote:Dear friends of "MIDNIGHT CASTLE" forum good morning from Greece.

I have been playing the game on my daughter's laptop and I have reached level 14.

I have 1 question :

I tried to play the game on my desktop but I see that it starts right from the beginning.

Is there any way to continue thew game on my desktop from the point I left it on the Laptop?


I would appreciate any reply.

Thank you
You will have to transfer your game save from the computer you are using to the one you want to use. It is best to copy the files to a flash drive to move them over. I posted the thread that has how to access the application data, where the game save is. Just like for the game developers name on the game, I would post it but it won't show up.

Can You Transfer Game Settings, Name & ID Number, to a New Computer?

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/277334.page

Just look for my post, it is the 3rd one.
Thank you very very very very much !!!!!

It worked!!!!

Thank you again!!!!


 
FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

Re:Post your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Apr 23, 14 1:37 AM
chipper23 wrote:
bates1908 wrote:Since the update I only have access to 3 of my wishlist items. I'm pretty sure I had all four filled before the update but after I installed the update only three slots were filled. When I click on something to fill the fourth slot it just says "Please wait" forever. I have to click the "X" to close the wishlist and come back into it and it will still say "Please wait" for a few more seconds then it goes away but the slot is still empty.

Anyone else having this issue?
Yes..I have 3 open spaces but it will only fill two..Came here to see if I was the only one having this problem,


Same here! The game just freezes on Please wait.... when trying to fill the 4th slot

 
Lioula
Clownfish
Clownfish
686 Posts

Re:Post your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by Lioula on Apr 23, 14 2:39 AM
Here I am again.

I successfully transferred my saves from the laptop to my desktop.

I updated the game and I fulfilled some of the tasks assigned by a new person (on the left of the screen).
But, when I tried to get into the spinning wheel room, the game stops responding.
I tried to restart the application but the same happened.

Is there any solution?

 

Re:Post your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by JirafaVanidosa on Apr 23, 14 3:18 AM
I have the same problem as bates1908, jforever, chipper23, bekkih, fylgia and FudgeChi (and many other players I think) with the last slot of my wish list. Only words "Please wait..." and nothing more.

 
 
 
 
Go to: