Wizards Pen-HO

dtouchton
Manatee
Manatee
4,156 Posts

Wizards Pen-HO

[Post New]by dtouchton on Sep 25, 08 6:41 AM
Anyone try the new HO game called Wizards Pen? It's at the childs toy site. I am going to try it now.

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

Re:Wizards Pen-HO

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Sep 25, 08 6:45 AM
I'm downloading it right now and plan to play it this morning.

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Sep 25, 08 6:52 AM
prpldva wrote:OK- I give up! Whats the childs toy site?

Spin opposite of bottom.

memaw7
Marlin
Marlin
8,628 Posts

[Post New]by memaw7 on Sep 25, 08 6:53 AM
I sent you both a PM, check your messages.

karenplop
Catfish
Catfish
1,609 Posts

[Post New]by karenplop on Sep 25, 08 6:59 AM
Thank you ladies. I have to go look over there later. If Small says it's a safe place, I would bet money on it.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Sep 25, 08 7:00 AM
You know that you can say Spintop- you just cant give links

rvalot
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,855 Posts

[Post New]by rvalot on Sep 25, 08 7:03 AM
We can say anything, basically.

URLs are right out, though.

dtouchton
Manatee
Manatee
4,156 Posts

[Post New]by dtouchton on Sep 25, 08 7:05 AM
Well, I just played 15 minutes of it and I didn't like it. First you have to draw (not really, a pen does it for you) and guess what the picture is. After guessing 16 pictures you are taken to a HO room. But, they give you a list of objects that are missing in the room and you have to find where they go. Like a ribbon on a gift. Or a missing arm on the knight. Pretty boring.

mummypops
Koi
Koi
80,817 Posts

[Post New]by mummypops on Sep 25, 08 7:06 AM
Oh I get you, I thought we wern't allowed to mention other sites. thanks

memaw7
Marlin
Marlin
8,628 Posts

[Post New]by memaw7 on Sep 25, 08 7:22 AM
I like it, different, but I would buy this one if it came to

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Sep 25, 08 9:35 AM
The clicking of the pen, the guessing the item got old- real fast. I did like figuring out what was missing.

jess1cass2
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by jess1cass2 on Sep 25, 08 9:54 AM
I agree with you, prpldva. The guessing what was missing part was fun but it took too long to get there. Think I'm gonna pass on this one.

rvalot
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,855 Posts

[Post New]by rvalot on Sep 25, 08 10:30 AM
I like it well enough. Nice music & graphics, and it's good to see someone trying new ideas in the HO area.

I was able to unlock a few sketchbooks, which is all picture-guessing with no missing object-finding. Not sure about the replay value there.

(Poor Donny! You must be going nuts. Fingers crossed for you a game tomorrow! )

[Post New]by Anonymous on Sep 25, 08 12:29 PM
I guess I missed this thread when I posted this morning. I did not like Wizard's Pen at all, felt it had been badly miscatagorized

I kind of liked the find and put back HO but the pictures were nothing great, if they made a whole game of those I'd not even look at it. I wish that site had put a better 'spin' on it. Sorry you made a mistake here (only my opinion) I played 50 minutes of it and quit, then deleted it from my computer. Thank you for giving a trial of this floundering flounder.

Happy2BGamin
Herring
Herring
355 Posts

[Post New]by Happy2BGamin on Sep 25, 08 1:17 PM
I tried the demo too. At first it was fun and a novel hidden object search, but it did get kind of boring after a while.

rvalot
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,855 Posts

[Post New]by rvalot on Sep 25, 08 1:43 PM
Anonymous wrote:I guess I missed this thread when I posted this morning. I did not like Wizard's Pen at all, felt it had been badly miscatagorized

I kind of liked the find and put back HO but the pictures were nothing great, if they made a whole game of those I'd not even look at it. I wish that site had put a better 'spin' on it. Sorry you made a mistake here (only my opinion) I played 50 minutes of it and quit, then deleted it from my computer. Thank you for giving a trial of this floundering flounder.

Hey, don't blame Big Fish! They haven't got Wizards Pen. It was another site.

other than that, you're right -- it's definitely not a HO game. More of a visual brain-teaser, or something.

rentonwa
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,075 Posts

[Post New]by rentonwa on Oct 1, 08 12:03 AM
I just played it and I kind of liked it. I did a few levels before the trial ended. Someone here said that it gets repetetive and I agree. I also liked having to find the places where something was misisng. If BF gets it I just may buy it (I think).

Nagasse
Stingray
Stingray
5,251 Posts

[Post New]by Nagasse on Dec 3, 08 2:13 PM
I liked Wizard's pen, I wish big fish had the game.

debbiela
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by debbiela on Jan 7, 09 1:14 AM
I am A Big Fan of HO games I think I own at least 30. I really liked the free hour I played Wizards pen I was hoping I could continue by coming to Big Fish and buying it. I was a little shocked Big Fish didn't have it. I wish they would catch up to the others.

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Jan 7, 09 4:56 AM
Well I finally gave up on getting this one and bought it when the 50% Holiday sales were on elsewhere and had several days of TMs in a row. I think it's great. It's not "I will play this without stopping until it's done great", but was worth my $10 for innovation and art work alone. I thought we'd get it here as we've had other Spintop/Popcap combos offered by but... *shrug* Not as yet anyway.

Go to: