bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

Tech Problems?

[Post New]by bribling on Dec 20, 09 12:00 PM
First I'll say that I love this game notwithstanding a minor probkem or two,

I am playing on a PC laptop with WIN7 and a wide screen. My main problem is the curser, When a device such as those round things used to scan the screen are used, my curser is way off to the left, not even near the item I am using, As I move to the left, the curser encounters the Hints and info about them pops up.

When I used the magic device that was meant to reveal the Nazca images I had a problem. The curser itself was so far away when I found an image that I could not use the device. So, I noted where the image was and then brought my curser to the spot and clicked. As a side note to this particular device, it revealed furniture outlines better than some of the images. Some images could be seen easier without the device. Also, regarding this device. Cassandra made a coment about it activating or wanting to be used with the map but if it was meant to be used on the map, it never showed up. Some map images were difficult to see without the device.

This curser problem is not a stopper but is annoying and sometimes difficult.

I occasionally do have a slight hesitation/freeze when scenes load. I suspect that this is a normal pause for the load but a few times it seemed to be more than that. It really hasn't been a problrm so far as it lasts only a second or two but it catches me off guard as I try to move the curser.

I am sure that others may have these problems. I read some comments about "freezing" but I do think that is probably normal. The curser detachment from items that must be used is a bit difficult at tmes.

LadyWyntre
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

Windows 7 as the issue?

[Post New]by LadyWyntre on Dec 21, 09 9:06 AM
I am having the exact same issue, and I am also running Win7.

Unfortunately, I've come to a spot in the game where the issue is preventing advancement. Specifically, I'm trying to click on the symbols which are only revealed through the device (after (SPOILER) meeting Michael). Because the symbols are only clickable through the device, and my cursor is far to the left of the device, I can't click on them at all. That is to say, if the device reveals a symbol, my cursor is far to the left. If I move the cursor to where the symbol is, the device isn't there, so the symbol isn't clickable.

Worst of all, because this is a hidden object section rather than a minigame, I can't bypass it.

Perhaps it is Windows 7 that is the issue, and the game simply isn't compatible.

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

Re:Tech Problems?

[Post New]by bribling on Dec 21, 09 5:45 PM
I had that same problem but I was able to play that part. First I would find the image with the device. I made note of the location and then moved my curser over it and clicked. That worked for me but still, it was hard to get through that part. I finished the game.

patnsky
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by patnsky on Dec 21, 09 9:04 PM
bribling ... I thought it was just me that had that problem. I too play on a widescreen laptop with Vista. Finally figured out that once I found something, I ignored the circle and put my curser over the object. Worked great.

Suzzie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Suzzie on Dec 22, 09 6:57 AM
I'm unable to light the last candle in the first room, because the matchbox is in the way of the wick. How do I get around this one?????

bfgBering
Clownfish
Clownfish
851 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBering on Dec 29, 09 10:18 AM
Hi Fishies!

This appears to be a problem with the widescreen setting of the game. If you simply turn off Widescreen Support from the options menu the issue should no longer occur. If the issue remains I would recommend contacting our support team by clicking the green envelope on the right hand side of this page.

Happy gaming!

Edited on 12/29/2009 at 10:19:09 AM PST

[Post New]by tntsrq on Jan 9, 10 1:00 AM
I also run Win7. Turning off the Widescreen Support works. Thanks.

Go to: