Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fear for Sale: The House on Black River Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Mar 17, 16 12:34 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 03/17/2016 at 5:05:50 AM PST

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fear for Sale: The House on Black River Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Mar 17, 16 5:07 AM
Hi Everyone,

If there's trouble with getting Fear for Sale: The House on Black River Collector's Edition to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

In some cases, we can provide a known solution for technical issues in the Forums. In addition, some of our tech savvy pond residents may also swim by with good tips and suggestions. However, we're unable to provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. This is because the Forums are not well suited for the type of information-gathering and troubleshooting that's needed in order to correct issues of this nature.

If you're unable to get a game working properly using our Help pages or the tips posted here, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact Customer Support on the front page of our Help pages section.

Contacting Customer Support will help us to gather necessary information on what types of systems are being affected by the problem and to share this information with the developer in order to work towards a fix.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting Customer Support, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgWaimea

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fear for Sale: The House on Black River Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by riverkeeper on Mar 17, 16 9:30 AM
Game stopped working in chapel wont let me move curser, pick anything up, use map nor go back to the grave yard. Windows 7 any suggestions?

kathey12
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by kathey12 on Mar 17, 16 11:07 AM
Same as above. After finding picture of daughter in the graveyard, game stopped working completely.

sagethyme
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fear for Sale: The House on Black River Collector's Edi

[Post New]by sagethyme on Mar 17, 16 11:50 AM
Same as previous. Locked up in chapel with no where to go. Playing on PC Windows 10 Pro.

Per the "Game Crashing, Freezing or Blank Screen" list of things to do:

1. Just updated video driver. No change, still locked up.

2. Just uninstalled/reinstalled Adobe Flashplayer and Shockwave. No change.

3. Software up-to-date.

4. Graphics settings at 100%.

No change despite all of the above.

Edited on 03/17/2016 at 4:54:56 PM PST

[Post New]by riverkeeper on Mar 17, 16 12:22 PM
Did the same thing uninstalled/reinstalled and updated. No change here either.

[Post New]by ticklemenarae on Mar 17, 16 12:24 PM
At the scene where you hook up the phone to the laptop in the car. The CD with the code came out of laptop, but now the cursor won't let me do anything. Clicked everywhere even the "X". Nothing.

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Mar 17, 16 1:14 PM
Would all of those that post here remember to state what you are playing on and what you are operating on? i.e PC Windows 8.1

It helps others know to anticipate a possible problem before purchasing.

Thanks!

Ci

rainworm
Herring
Herring
360 Posts

[Post New]by rainworm on Mar 17, 16 1:30 PM
Hi all,

same as you: in the chapel and no forth or back. Playing on Vista. Don't understand. Game went smoothly till this scene....

IdahoDi
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by IdahoDi on Mar 17, 16 1:50 PM
Playing with Win 7 and this is definitely a no buy. It's one of the buggiest games I've tried in a very long time.

I even started over and began saving the app data file periodically because you are suppose to zoom in and there is no magnifying glass available.

It also grays out your Inventory which you can fix by going to the main menu, at which time it will return you to the scene or else you have to press Play to get back to the scene.

I got stuck on one scene with no zoom, copied my save back, and same thing happened again so can go no farther.......The End!

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Mar 17, 16 3:15 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear about the technical issues people have been experiencing with the game. I understand some have been seeing issues where the game isn't responding. We definitely want everybody to be able to play their game without encountering problems, and I'm going to pass along these posts so that the right team can see them.

I also suggest taking a look at the following help articles to address these problems. They contain information and troubleshooting steps that can be useful in a wide range of situations:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Run Game as Administrator

If anyone continues to experience problems, we recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report for further troubleshooting. Our Reps have the tools that are needed to gather data on and report issues, and they're always happy to help.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgPanthalassa

nypitterpat
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fear for Sale: The House on Black River Collector's Edition

[Post New]by nypitterpat on Mar 17, 16 3:25 PM
Same problem, stuck in chapel, playing on Windows 8.1. Plus waiting for scenes to change take an eternity. Going from scene to scene take forever. I have played other games and I don't have this problem in any other game except for this one. I went back and replayed the game but still got stuck in the chapel, even though I have the axe.

Edited on 03/21/2016 at 8:30:48 AM PST

[Post New]by jeneman on Mar 17, 16 4:41 PM
Same issue. Stuck in chapel after picking up picture. Playing on Mac OS 10.11.3

[Post New]by walkingspirit33 on Mar 17, 16 4:42 PM
Hate to say it but this game sucks big time.Loaded demo started playing and immediately problems started.Picture taking up way to much screen; it would not go to reduced screen.Other games are playing fine....so no it is not my computer, it is your game..full of bugs.It even changed my settings for my computer.Then it would show loaded(playing) but nothing ,no game screen.Uninstalled and re-installed but same problems as before

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on Mar 17, 16 5:07 PM
That whole "game freezing" thing happened to me on the last Fear For Sale game and they never did offer a fix for it. Hopefully this time they will. Don't they test these things anymore? Definitely waiting for a fix before buying.

bradleyx
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by bradleyx on Mar 17, 16 7:37 PM
Same problem here.

Sadeyed
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

Roses on the Door

[Post New]by Sadeyed on Mar 17, 16 8:13 PM
When I get to the part where you have to select the roses on the door, nothing happens when I select the first one.

To be sure I was doing the right thing I checked the guide and used the hint (something I never usually do). I also restarted the game.

I am really getting fed up with this now BF. This is the 3rd game in a short time where I'm probably going to have to start from the beginning or leave it unfinished due to bugs. Your games aren't cheap, particularly to us Brits (your exchange rate leaves a lot to be desired), and I am disheartened at the lack of QC. I've wasted £30 at least on your products and this is just not acceptable.

Seriously thinking of cancelling my membership. I've seen your stock reply so many times now I can recite it off the top of my head. I don't want to spend my time going backwards and forwards with your "Support Team", I just want to be able to play a game I paid for.

Edited on 03/17/2016 at 8:15:59 PM PST

[Post New]by pignutty on Mar 17, 16 11:43 PM
i got stuck in the yard taking items out of the statue. It looked like there were two items there - maybe a rope to attach to magnet? but it wont let me go back to the statue and i cant do anything else. (windows XP)
I uninstalled and reinstalled but to no avail

Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Mar 18, 16 3:28 AM
I am having the same problem with the game freezing in the Chapel.

I have changed my settings as per instructions from the Mods and still nothing works.

I am playing on Windows 10.

Dax

iluvcatsuk
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by iluvcatsuk on Mar 18, 16 5:48 AM
same problem, game freezing in chapel. Please fix this as I want to play a game I have paid for. This is NOT acceptable. Using Mac and have tried all your suggestions which aren't very helpful to say the least.

Go to: