Grimms hatchery wont activate on windows 7

[Post New]by nudadntx on Dec 20, 09 4:39 PM
Im having problems getting the game to activate on my windows 7 laptop I have disabled my antivirus, and windows defender and it still wont activate here is the error I get.

Error: Access violation at 0x76F52268 (tried to write to 0x00090FF8), program terminated.

Any help is apreciated.

Re:Grimms hatchery wont activate on windows 7

[Post New]by SyeiraKitten on Jan 18, 10 6:14 PM
I had the same problem and just got a reply from my support request saying that they don't think the game's compatible with the most recent version of windows 7, something along those lines, and that they'll post in here when there's an update.

[Post New]by squigglyhopper on Mar 8, 10 3:27 AM
I am having the same problem. Hope it gets sorted soon.

[Post New]by oOBluebelleOo on Mar 23, 10 3:49 PM
Just upgraded to Windows 7 & getting this problem. Posting so I'll (hopefully!) see when BFG post a fix here

[Post New]by oOBluebelleOo on May 9, 10 10:55 AM
*bump*

[Post New]by LadyFancy1976 on Jun 14, 10 5:27 PM
I'm having the same problem. Worked great on my old pc but won't work on my laptop. Very frustrating as i love this game. BFG FIX THIS PROBLEM

Barbika
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Barbika on Jun 17, 10 4:19 AM
I have Windows 7 ultimate and I have the same problem: access violation all the time. No solution the technical support suggests is resolutive. I had Windows Vista before and the game worked normally. But now...

Anybody knows what to do?

[Post New]by Yuso6363 on Jun 17, 10 12:09 PM
Exactly the same for me

[Post New]by blueraiderfan10 on Jun 17, 10 12:53 PM
Think that is a problem with a lot of the games as I had the same problem with Dracula 3.

Barbika
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Barbika on Jun 23, 10 12:04 PM
I just downloaded Grimm's Hatchery directly from Amaranth Games and that worked on my Windows 7. How can it be that the BFG version of Grimm's Hatchery doesn't work in the same version of Windows?? Can anybody from BFG staff answer that???
I would very much like to play the BFG version because I already puchased it. It has no sanse to buy another game, don't you think? I'm asking the BFG technical staff WHEN will they make this game compatible with Windows 7???!!!!

[Post New]by Dizzy_liz on Jan 4, 11 9:29 AM
Me too. Although I did have some problems when the game "changed". The original version was not so complex, and the graphics weren"t so pretty. But I do love the game, and I would dearly love to play it again!

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Jan 19, 11 12:51 PM
Hi everyone!

We've made some changes to the version we have for Grimm's Hatchery and it is now compatible with Windows 7.

If you're still running into any trouble with it, please uninstall and reinstall the game to assure that the changes have taken effect. More information can be found here:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

Since Grimm's Hatchery now plays on Windows 7, I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread. Please feel free to post any further tech issues in the Post any Grimm's Hatchery technical issues here only thread and be sure to contact Customer Support via the green envelope to the right as well.

Thanks and happy gaming!

-bfgDonau

Go to: