bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Mystery Tales: Her Own Eyes

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Mar 18, 16 12:29 AM
Domini Games presents the next haunting installment of the Mystery Tales series! Your crystalline-lens transplant was a success! You can finally see again, but you're not just seeing the living anymore, you can see the dead as well! Follow in your lens donor's footsteps to uncover the dark dealings happening in her hometown of Hallstatt, Austria. Girls have been disappearing left and right. Can you help the police find the latest victim, before it's too late? Find out in this stirring hidden object puzzle adventure!

Kathilisa
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

Re:Mystery Tales: Her Own Eyes

[Post New]by Kathilisa on Mar 18, 16 12:34 PM
I cannot take this game seriously as it is medically totally inaccurate. Crystalline lens replacements have never come from donors. In the old days a cataract was treated by removal of the eye's natural lens and the wearing of thick glasses. Nowadays a small plastic implant is inserted in place of the crystalline lens and thick glasses are not required.

So don't worry folks, this scenario will never happen.

I'm all in favour of interesting plot ideas but you would think the devs would get their facts right before adding the fictional bit.

btw donor corneas are used in corneal transplants, but wait...that's a different game....
Faded Reality.

[Post New]by philanna3827 on Mar 19, 16 9:17 PM
Kathilisa wrote:I cannot take this game seriously as it is medically totally inaccurate. Crystalline lens replacements have never come from donors. In the old days a cataract was treated by removal of the eye's natural lens and the wearing of thick glasses. Nowadays a small plastic implant is inserted in place of the crystalline lens and thick glasses are not required.

So don't worry folks, this scenario will never happen.

I'm all in favour of interesting plot ideas but you would think the devs would get their facts right before adding the fictional bit.

btw donor corneas are used in corneal transplants, but wait...that's a different game....
Faded Reality.

sandicats5
Clownfish
Clownfish
573 Posts

[Post New]by sandicats5 on May 18, 16 11:12 AM
I know what your talking about as I had my cataracts removed and had the lenses put in.

MaryLent
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by MaryLent on Jun 2, 16 7:51 PM
Oh yes! I use glasses every day to see what has happened in the past!

Go to: