voiceofreason
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

Circle Puzzle in the Basement

[Post New]by voiceofreason on Mar 18, 16 3:35 AM

In the basement.

Does anyone understand the instructions to the puzzle moving outer symbols to inner symbols? I have tried reading the SG but cannot understand the 6, 7 and 8 moves.

If there is anyone that can help this idiot here, please do

mauntana
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

Re:Circle Puzzle in the Basement

[Post New]by mauntana on Mar 18, 16 8:50 AM
voiceofreason: Sorry you had a problem understanding the directions. It's been a while since I've played that puzzle so this explanation is based on the SG. Press the red button (6) to transfer the inner symbol to the outside; slide the red button to the position at the end of the arrow (7); press the button labeled 8 to transfer the outer symbol to the inside ring.

It's sometimes hard to explain or show how moves should be done so when there is a sequence like this one, the next shot always shows the result of the previous set of moves. Studying the next shot can some times clear up the instructions.

Hope this helps.

Edited on 03/18/2016 at 9:10:47 AM PST

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Mar 18, 16 4:00 PM
I couldn't understand the puzzle and the instructions may as well have been written in Ancient Greek for all the sense they made.

I skipped the puzzle after several attempts to get it to work; they all failed miserably

voiceofreason
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by voiceofreason on Mar 18, 16 9:36 PM
mauntana wrote:voiceofreason: Sorry you had a problem understanding the directions. It's been a while since I've played that puzzle so this explanation is based on the SG. Press the red button (6) to transfer the inner symbol to the outside; slide the red button to the position at the end of the arrow (7); press the button labeled 8 to transfer the outer symbol to the inside ring.

It's sometimes hard to explain or show how moves should be done so when there is a sequence like this one, the next shot always shows the result of the previous set of moves. Studying the next shot can some times clear up the instructions.

Hope this helps.

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer
I am going to dive back in to see if I can solve this

voiceofreason
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by voiceofreason on Mar 18, 16 10:49 PM
Finally!
After a lot of cheating, looking at the SG and with mauntana's help. I did it. Made me laugh though, as it was the end of the main game and for some reason I was not expecting that. LOL!
Thanks again mauntana

mauntana
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by mauntana on Mar 19, 16 9:01 AM
voiceofreason wrote:Finally!
After a lot of cheating, looking at the SG and with mauntana's help. I did it. Made me laugh though, as it was the end of the main game and for some reason I was not expecting that. LOL!
Thanks again mauntana

Hurray!! Glad you completed the puzzle.

Thanks for stating where and what the problem was; that helped a lot.

Edited on 03/20/2016 at 8:57:42 AM PST

KathyGriggs
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by KathyGriggs on Mar 20, 16 11:20 AM
This just makes me so mad! I am not a puzzle person, and I am so proud when I finish all the puzzles in a game. This game, and the last one I played, i was not able to do the LAST puzzle in the game(s). I could not get the gist of this one even with the explanations here in the forum. I think it's just plain tacky of the devs to do this. I am not a happy whale......

On the upside, I don't have to even try to solve any of the puzzles in the bonus chapter since I've already lost that achievement.

Edited on 03/20/2016 at 12:27:14 PM PST

Zenus
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Zenus on Mar 28, 16 2:49 PM
Totally clueless on the Scroll puzzle. I move one symbol to the right place, but others move with it. Then I wind up with the wrong symbols on the inner ring. At least I think they're wrong; I don't really understand what goes where. I don't understand the SG or the explanations on the forum.

Edited on 03/28/2016 at 2:57:47 PM PST

Zenus
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Zenus on Mar 28, 16 5:31 PM
To those of you who managed to solve this puzzle, my heartfelt congratulations. I found the instructions absolutely incomprehensible, and the Strategy Guide was no help whatsoever.

318Pisces
Clownfish
Clownfish
642 Posts

[Post New]by 318Pisces on May 1, 16 8:46 AM
Agreed! The solution in the CE guide is so tiny, it is no help at all!

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on May 7, 16 8:24 PM
The folks at Elefun really dropped the ball on this "solution" in the SG. Unless they think we all have some sort of high-power magnification device to view the pictures for this, they should have realized the solution is useless.

We pay good money for these CE's and for a lot of us on extremely tiny budgets, it is absolutely cruel when something like this happens. It tells me that the Quality Assurance team does not bother to actually look at things from a player's point of view and that is the whole purpose of having employees paid to do that work. I will be a bit more hesitant to buy games from Elefun for quite a while.

xstitcher1
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by xstitcher1 on Sep 10, 16 9:30 PM
I'm glad I wasn't the only one that couldn't understand that puzzle. Those instructions and the solution in the SG were horrible. I did have fun with it until that point.

Go to: