The Perfect Tree

bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

The Perfect Tree

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Dec 21, 09 12:05 AM
Spruce up your Christmas with The Perfect Tree, a charming, seasonal Match 3 game! Just like the traditional story, your goal is to help a lonely little pine tree become the perfect Christmas tree. Swap and match your way through addicting levels, earning valuable stars as you go, in order to buy decorations for your tree. Packed full of Christmas cheer, The Perfect Tree is a delight for the whole family.

Mojave_Rain
Shark
Shark
10,693 Posts

Re:The Perfect Tree

[Post New]by Mojave_Rain on Dec 21, 09 12:35 AM
Yippee swimming off to check it out immediately!

duchesse67
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by duchesse67 on Dec 22, 09 3:40 AM
Is there just the one tree on the same location??

James_Kit
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by James_Kit on Dec 22, 09 4:17 AM
There is at least day and night version of the tree screen, but I'm not too far in the game yet so I don't know if there's anything more in it.

jblotz237
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by jblotz237 on Dec 22, 09 7:44 AM
How many levels are there? And Merry Christmas!

Carole4451
Guppy
Guppy
182 Posts

[Post New]by Carole4451 on Dec 22, 09 8:50 AM
There are 110 levels. I read a description of the game.

Diana_Mc
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by Diana_Mc on Dec 22, 09 11:07 AM
I owe this game an apology . Yesterday I recalled seeing some "cheesy looking" Christmas-themed game which I hadn't tried at the time. Later I couldn't find it again. (I was really bored yesterday.)

This is a very nice game and I don't normally care much for Christmas-themed games. It's not "cheesy" at all!

Edited on 12/22/2009 at 11:08:19 AM PST

[Post New]by gramma_d on Dec 22, 09 3:35 PM
Does anyone know how to do lever 108. I'm stuck. Thanks you for your help in advance. And have a Merry Christmas!!!

[Post New]by drgncollector11 on Dec 22, 09 3:45 PM
Gramma I quit after restarting level 108 about 10 times. I was checking in here to see if anyone else was having the same problem. I haven't any idea how to get past this level.

[Post New]by freeeway212 on Dec 22, 09 4:34 PM
Same problem on level 108....do ya think Santa is giving us a "piece of coal"? LOL!
If anyone knows how to get past it please post so we can keep on decorating. It is
really a fun game for Christmas.

Mojave_Rain
Shark
Shark
10,693 Posts

[Post New]by Mojave_Rain on Dec 22, 09 5:12 PM
I got distracted before getting that far, sounds like a glitch rather than just being hard so maybe contact Customer Support Otherwise just start as a new player I guess

James_Kit
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by James_Kit on Dec 23, 09 12:17 AM
Level 108 is a glitch I contacted developer about it and they send me a fix and I was told that they will provide an update to the Big Fish Team as soon as possible. Google ANAWIKI Games if you don't want to wait for update on BFG site.

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Dec 23, 09 9:32 AM
I am also stuck on level 108 and can't believe I purchased yet another game with a BUG that I cannot play.
There NEEDS to be testers BEFORE these games are released on the BF site for sale.
BA HUMBUG, yes I am very FRUSTRATED and I'm sorry but I am getting a little tired of all of these BUGS I find after I have already purchased the game and than can't continue playing until there is a fix.
I am willing to do beta testing and have beta tested several games, so why are these games being released before they are ready?

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Dec 23, 09 11:55 AM
I just assumed 108 is the end of the game, tree is fully decorated, short game. So am surprised and delighted to read other gamers pursued it and there may be a rebuild. Even if just short, like a Christmas card to me, it's worth playing with, but longer would be better. As busy as we are during the holidays it's a nice quickie to go to and I doubt if I'd be in the mood to play after Christmas til next year, unlike others like Fishdom. Enjoy while it lasts

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Dec 23, 09 8:50 PM
Level 108 glitch

There seems to be a glitch in level 108. Within the game program it is level 70. In the game program the tile creators are set to zero for this level. No tiles will advance down from the top because that text part of the program was left out.

I went into the program and created tile creators for that level using notepad. I went back to the game and went back to that level and then clicked on menu and clicked on Restart the Level. The tiles would then come down from the top and fill in the blank spaces so I was able to get through the level and go on to the last level of the game.

If you want to save your beautifully decorated Christmas tree, don't play level 110. You can play through level 109 and then go to the main menu and start as another player. When you finish playing level 110 all of the decorations and any stars you have not spent go away. You are taken back to the beginning of the game with an empty tree and the 10 stars you started the game with.

This is a cute game but the developers should have given the players the option to continue or at least save their tree before destroying it without warning. I guess that's why they put the glitch in level 108 so that no one could finish the game. Seems like they were rushing to get it out before Christmas and didn't give the game a properly written good quality ending.

I wonder why Big Fish let it be released like this?

Edited on 12/23/2009 at 9:22:12 PM PST

James_Kit
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by James_Kit on Dec 24, 09 7:54 AM
Lizzie, did you edit level 108 on your own? You're pretty smart

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Dec 24, 09 8:12 AM
I am not a game programmer but sometimes game programs can be read with Notepad. I looked to find the layout for level 108, which is level 70 in the program. Then I created the Tile Creator by looking at another level where the program was complete and had the Tile Creator text. I wanted to see what was beyond level 108.

I found out that the game only has 110 levels and if you get past level 108 and complete level 110 your tree is destroyed.

There are some levels in the game program named Free Play, so maybe if they had finished the game the way it was intended we would have been able to continue to play and decorate the tree; but we may never know.

It doesn't look like Big Fish will so anything to fix this before Christmas. Too bad because it is a cute game.

Edited on 12/24/2009 at 8:14:44 AM PST

[Post New]by Bevjsc on Dec 26, 09 8:46 PM
Hi
I am having the same problem with level 108. I've also tried redoing this level a few times, same problem as everyone else. I agree with others, this game should not have been released until all levels had been tested
This does happen with other games and they too had not had a final testing.
Let's hope they get it fixed asap.

Enjoy the rest of the holidays.

[Post New]by Roman_ANAWIKI on Dec 28, 09 12:42 PM
As mentioned on other threads the issue was fixed and should be updated by BFG Team shortly.

Thank you very much for all nice opinions about our game.

[Post New]by heatherington on Jan 4, 10 6:40 AM
Can someone tell me how to put the garland on the tree. I go over and grab like the red ball and drag it out but I can't release it. I'm wasting my money because if I release it with the right mouse click it goes away the left mouse click does nothing. Please advise.

Go to: