Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Cadenza: Havana Nights Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Mar 19, 16 12:34 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 03/19/2016 at 9:09:35 AM PST

SquirrelGirrrl
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Cadenza: Havana Nights Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by SquirrelGirrrl on Mar 19, 16 12:45 AM
The download was very slow. Upon starting the demo, there is nothing but a black screen. You can hear the audio, but no video. I am running Win 10 on a laptop. Everything is up to date.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Cadenza: Havana Nights Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Berry1273 on Mar 19, 16 12:47 AM
I downloaded the game and just as the other person on here said, I get audio but nothing but a black screen. I have Win 10 on a desk top.

SquirrelGirrrl
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by SquirrelGirrrl on Mar 19, 16 1:03 AM
I also want to say that I rebooted my router, uninstalled and reinstalled the game, but had the same results.

1357wc
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
453 Posts

[Post New]by 1357wc on Mar 19, 16 1:38 AM
Windows XP

Downloaded in about 4 minutes. There was a delay when the opening scene came on, you could see that it loaded but it was almost a minute before it went from that to black screen and then opened. The game moved smoothly after that. I just got back from Cuba so this was a pleasant surprise. Hope the rest of the game is.

charlene_lane
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by charlene_lane on Mar 19, 16 1:52 AM
I'm playing on Windows 7 64 and having no problems at all so far. I'm about an hour into the game.

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Mar 19, 16 1:56 AM
Yet another game that won't work properly on Mac OS X El Capitan!

It's exasperating...if most devs can manage it why can't a handful of others?

Issue, as usual, is only 2/3rds of a screen showing with desktop visible along left, top and bottom. Game screen in top right. Tried adjusting screen ratio etc but to no avail.

Can't get to inventory and cursor disappears as though it's behind the game.

bootsie21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,188 Posts

[Post New]by bootsie21 on Mar 19, 16 2:37 AM
Sound only and a completely black screen

iluvcatsuk
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by iluvcatsuk on Mar 19, 16 3:02 AM
more rubbish that doesn't work on Mac and adjusting the screen resolution doesn't help.

[Post New]by suekjones on Mar 19, 16 3:04 AM
Same here. Quick download but blank screen with sound Rebooted and still nothing-Windows 10

Edited on 03/19/2016 at 5:57:17 AM PST

[Post New]by groundhog37 on Mar 19, 16 3:38 AM
I too have a blank screen (Win 10) and waited for about 5 minutes at which time I received an application error.

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Mar 19, 16 5:03 AM
me too. A black screen. running on windows 10.

0Jade
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by 0Jade on Mar 19, 16 5:18 AM
Ditto, Black screen with salsa music, same after a reboot - Windows 10

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Mar 19, 16 5:24 AM
I changed/updated my graphics drivers and it is now working fine! Just follow instructions in the help section.

[Post New]by malcolmbart on Mar 19, 16 5:29 AM
Congratulations, Big Fish. Two games in a row that don't work properly. First was a Fear For Sale that left many of us stuck in the chapel. Now we have a Cadenza that gives us sound but no picture, much like that one about a storm that has never been updated. I did not bother to pursue that one further after reading the real reviews (not the ones posted on the main page before any one has had a chance to play the game). After years of being a loyal customer, I'm off to find another game site.

Edited on 03/19/2016 at 5:31:42 AM PST

DELLS148
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by DELLS148 on Mar 19, 16 5:58 AM
Black screen with music playing on windows 10

LEOTA26
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by LEOTA26 on Mar 19, 16 6:16 AM
I also had a black screen and only sound. However I bought it without trying it, so.
After several hours of trying to get it to work I did finally do it. Oh and my PC is up to date. I followed the help pages for doing the compatibility thing and that did not work.

So I while I was there I clicked on troubleshooting compatibility and let the thing check itself and after a few different settings found the one that worked for me.

I have windows 10 on 2 mo old laptop
I am set it at compatible for windows 8 and changed a couple of other things and it worked. A lot of trouble, I know, but I didn't want to wait for a fix.

ginny46
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by ginny46 on Mar 19, 16 6:30 AM
Big Fish let me Beta this game on Feb 11th. I reported back then that I had a blank screen and could not demo. Win 10. I sent a Dr. Felix report and a dx report. I am still getting blank screen with sound, seems they didn't fix.

suus52
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by suus52 on Mar 19, 16 7:38 AM
Downloaded Cadenza twice and I still get a black screen + music. I have Windows 10.

[Post New]by crowner on Mar 19, 16 8:20 AM
Running Windows 10. Don't have a blank screen but a half-screen, can't access inventory or menu.

Go to: