Helen64
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,936 Posts

Can't play the game

[Post New]by Helen64 on Dec 21, 09 12:13 PM
I am having trouble with this game I played yesterday and was fine but last night and today I cant get past the welcome page everytime I click play it goes back to the welcome page. I also played under another name but I couldnt get past the page where the woman just stands there and you have to activate some tower it just wont let me. Thanks Helen.

Word_Dudely
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

Re:Can't play the game

[Post New]by Word_Dudely on Dec 21, 09 12:45 PM
You could try deleting the save game files in case there was a problem with your profile causing the crashes. An easy way to do that is to copy and paste the following text into your Internet Explorer url field and pressing Enter:

\Documents and Settings\%USERNAME%\Application Data\OtherSide Realm of Eons\

That should open the folder where the save games are located for that game. If you remove all the files from that folder, it will start you off with a fresh start in the game.

One note, the above steps will only work with Internet Explorer, Firefox will not open the save game directory. Hope you get the game working soon.

[Post New]by NotHappyToday on Dec 23, 09 12:17 PM
Thanks for the tip to go to "Documents and Settings . . ." but I have a Vista operating system. My files go to a folder at C:\Program Files (x86)\The Otherside - Realm of Eons HOWEVER, I can't even run the game from the application in that folder. I keep getting the error "TheOtherside_1_12_bfg.exe has stopped working"

I've tried uninstalling the game, restarting my PC, re-installing the game, but it still won't let me past putting in my username in place of "Miranda." I'm really surprised BFG let this one out with these problems.

Jenni50
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Jenni50 on Dec 24, 09 6:18 AM
I'm having the same problem, I can't get back into the same I start. I started a new came and got back to the same place and can't get back in. My game won't let me back in at the begining when I highlight my name, the clock just continues to go around. I don't think I need to start a new game when I reach a certain area and leave for the night. Can anyone help me? I've also unistalled the game and reinstalled, but it's doing the same thing. I have a friend playing the same game but she's not having the problem.

Thank You,
Jenni

Edited on 12/24/2009 at 6:48:10 AM PST

[Post New]by sisone1951eaw on Dec 24, 09 12:48 PM
NotHappyToday wrote:Thanks for the tip to go to "Documents and Settings . . ." but I have a Vista operating system. My files go to a folder at C:\Program Files (x86)\The Otherside - Realm of Eons HOWEVER, I can't even run the game from the application in that folder. I keep getting the error "TheOtherside_1_12_bfg.exe has stopped working"

I've tried uninstalling the game, restarting my PC, re-installing the game, but it still won't let me past putting in my username in place of "Miranda." I'm really surprised BFG let this one out with these problems.

I have Vista also and get the very same message you do and the very same problem...I e-mailed BF and they replied they will check into it and sent me a free game pass but still doesn't help when I want to play that game and can't...even got the same thing from the main game site that came out with it

Word_Dudely
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by Word_Dudely on Dec 31, 09 9:23 AM
The previous thread steps will work on Vista and Win7 (even though the actual path doesn't exist on those systems). Microsoft made it easy for developers using the XP paths and automatically will open the correct Vista/Win7 path. The important part is to copy and paste the below path into Internet Explorer's URL field (firefox will not work):

\Documents and Settings\%USERNAME%\Application Data\OtherSide Realm of Eons\

Of course if you want to manually find the save data it is here on Vista and Win7:

\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\OtherSide Realm of Eons\

The %USERNAME% bit is a wildcard Internet Explorer will understand, so go ahead and use the full paths above in Internet Explorer. Good luck.

[Post New]by raylin_stephens on Jan 10, 10 5:49 PM
Same thing is happening to me. I just keep losing time on my demo.

Cannot get past the menu screen. I'm running Win XP.

Edited on 01/10/2010 at 5:50:35 PM PST

Helen64
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,936 Posts

[Post New]by Helen64 on Jul 10, 10 12:38 AM
Ive tried uninstalling the game and re -installing it but no luck there and have emailed BFG concerning this game and havent heard back from them as yet. I am not much good when it comes to doing computer stuff so I am very hesitant and a little scared to do as you have asked. Thanks for trying.

[Post New]by lollisa on Mar 13, 12 5:13 PM
I too am having problems with the game locking up with no access to notes or hints after the carnival strong man game, can't move past it. Anybody have a clue?

darlaki
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by darlaki on Aug 30, 12 8:56 AM
SAME PROBLEM, UNINSTALLED AND REINSTALLED, NOTHING.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Aug 30, 12 9:30 AM
Hi darlaki,

I replied with some info for you in the other thread you posted in. You can check in out by clicking right here.

Hope it helps!

bfgMonongahela

Go to: