Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Dead Reckoning: Broadbeach Cove here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Mar 20, 16 12:35 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 03/20/2016 at 6:13:48 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Dead Reckoning: Broadbeach Cove here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Mar 20, 16 6:14 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Dead Reckoning: Broadbeach Cove here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Dead Reckoning: Broadbeach Cove.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Mar 21, 16 10:38 PM
I'm fed up with games that every time you click to investigate something in a scene, up pops a black bar saying, "I should reconsider my options," or, "What could I possibly do here?" etc. I like to look around to see what's in a scene, so those messages are continually popping up. It's extremely annoying and destroys any possible enjoyment of the game for me. There is a custom setting, and you can set the hint and skip refills to 10 seconds which I like, but no way to turn off those silly pop-ups. The graphics are colorful and clear. There was one puzzle which I skipped because I don't like puzzles and mini-games, but no HOS in the 14 minutes I played the demo.

Otherwise, the Florida cop has a Brooklyn accent which was kind of weird. Also, there's a lie-detecting gimmicky thing, and I don't like gimmicks either, so I guess this isn't the game for me.

Meganthedog
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by Meganthedog on Mar 23, 16 8:27 AM
In my review on the game page, I said that the game was boring and moved at a snail's pace. I stand by that review. Oh, it's painful! I'm all for beautiful graphics but they aren't the be-all and end-all of a game. Surely the important thing is the game play itself with the experience being enhanced by these graphics? I'm really getting fed up of style over substance and this game is a great example of this sad trend.

[Post New]by horsenbuggy on Mar 23, 16 8:42 AM
roaming wrote:Otherwise, the Florida cop has a Brooklyn accent which was kind of weird.

Ha! There are lots of Northerners living in Florida. I grew up down there and I'm the only one in my otherwise Southern family who doesn't have a strong Southern accent because I learned to speak in Florida around all the "Yankees." Also, the developers of most of these games are based overseas in non-English speaking countries. Half the time, they don't even get the translations right. Eipix has gotten better and better with their scripts (using natural American language) and their actors with each game...in my opinion. I actually took a screenshot of a recent game where one of their characters said the word "durn" as a euphemism. Somebody in their studio is getting very good with informal English. When's the last time you heard an Eastern European say "durn?"

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Mar 26, 16 7:34 AM
I got through 6 mins of this and deleted . boring , tedious game

kiwiyumyum
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by kiwiyumyum on Mar 27, 16 8:52 PM
I agree - boring!!

Go to: