Only 45 people?

[Post New]by Browneyegirl99 on Dec 22, 09 8:22 AM
Can the population be higher than 45 people? I have built a house, but the stat counter still shows 45/45.

QEIII
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

Re:Only 45 people?

[Post New]by QEIII on Dec 22, 09 9:01 AM
Have you got a Sheriff and a Mayor? You can't increase population until you have these. You have to build a Town Hall to get a Mayor. Hope this helps.

zahnprod
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by zahnprod on Dec 22, 09 9:13 AM
If you have 45 people, then you must already have the Sheriff and the Mayor. It's as high as you can go. Building extra housing has no effect after you have 45 citizens.

There are isolated circumstances where you may see 46 because you still have an unfinished quest.

There are also some "visitors" who might be listed as homeless, but they don't seem to affect game play at all.

QEIII
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by QEIII on Dec 23, 09 1:20 AM
Thank you, Zahnprod for putting me right. I hadn't realised that.

MichGal
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by MichGal on Dec 23, 09 8:34 AM
Hopefully the next game will allow more people.

zahnprod
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by zahnprod on Dec 23, 09 10:10 AM
MichGal wrote:Hopefully the next game will allow more people.

I'm honestly not sure what having more citizens would add to the game. By the time you reach the penultimate challenge (Great Train Race) you need to have at least 40 people and get your town Happiness up to 200.

Many players had already reached or exceeded that requirement, but for those who had not, it added another challenge.

By the time you have 45 citizens employed in a variety of shops, farms, ranches, lumber camps, mines, factories, banks, etc. (not counting Sheriffs, Deputies, and Bounty Hunters/Gunslingers, Turners), there is plenty to keep track of.

Why, specifically, do you you think that having MORE citizens would add anything to the game? I'm really curious.

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Dec 23, 09 1:59 PM
I heartily second zahnprod's question.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Dec 23, 09 10:46 PM
I'm way past the "beat the game" point, and I find I often have to move Citizens from one job to another when I need something, which is annoying. I'd say my town has about 60 jobs but only 45 people to go around.

Of course I have 3 Factories, 3 Lumber Camps, 3 Fish Huts, 3 Banks, and a Doctor's Office across each river, so that's part of the problem.

Robin

Go to: