Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Frankenstein: The Village here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Mar 21, 16 12:35 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 03/21/2016 at 5:25:57 AM PST

pjplanner
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Frankenstein: The Village here.

[Post New]by pjplanner on Mar 21, 16 2:12 AM
Ugh, Ugh, UGH. Avoid at all costs. Way too much dialogue, telling you what to do where to go, etc. Way too much hand-holding - sparkles, pointers, etc. This is not a game, there is nothing to think about or fathom out for yourself. There are no modes to select so you have no choice. It is archaic and boring - I lasted 5 minutes and could bear no more. Maybe if you are 8 years old it may have some fun value but I don't know if the story line would be suitable as I couldn't persevere to find out. Come on BFG you are better than this.

mamachi
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by mamachi on Mar 21, 16 3:08 AM
Is this an old game???
I agree with Pjplanner.

[Post New]by miss_marigold11 on Mar 21, 16 3:14 AM
You forgot to mention in your above accurate description of the game the fact that everything on the screen seems to be HUGE and the dialog is not only too frequent but much too stupid. The only redeeming thing is that it is wide-screen which is vaguely surprising considering how awful the rest is. I lasted about five minutes before exiting and now to un-install. Too bad.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Mar 21, 16 5:08 AM
I was tempted to demo this after seeing that the "heros" are named Brad and Janet. But, after reading the reviews, it doesn't sound like even that bit of humor could save this game. Perhaps I'll wait for more reviews before doing a download.

ciscaR8
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by ciscaR8 on Mar 21, 16 5:20 AM
it took me 5 min to decide this game sucks its way to slow and the hop you have to click not on the object but just a little on the side.
It looks to me this game was made when we played on the commodore 64
its a NO GO

amd so much dialoge you have to keep clicking

Cisca

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Mar 21, 16 5:27 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Frankenstein: The Village here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, as do the developers as well as your fellow gamers. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Frankenstein: The Village.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM any one of our Moderators.

bfgWaimea

campfire29
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by campfire29 on Mar 21, 16 7:17 AM
O.K so the game is not challenging and happens to be a no brainer...so big deal. I do not feel that every game has to be high tech or have real polished graphics. The characters for one were very amusing...I guess everything deserves a try.

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Mar 21, 16 8:16 AM
The best thing I can say is try it for yourself, you may like it. I didn't, but thats just my opinion.

blueskies01
Guppy
Guppy
161 Posts

[Post New]by blueskies01 on Mar 21, 16 5:12 PM
Seems outdated, & the absence of Skip for puzzles is a big drawback. I liked the faces of Dr. F's monster that appear in each scene--these reveal more about the actual history of the book & related Frankenstein trivia. It would have been fun to have more offbeat humor & fast pace to this tale. But try it yourself (it may be just what "the doctor" ordered. . . .)

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on Mar 21, 16 9:59 PM
certainly have to agree, heartily, with the first several comments/reviews on this game. I, also, lasted only about 5 minutes on this game. (sigh) - alas there go another whack of "freebies".... all my punch card coupons that I've been getting from buying CE games are all going into garbage bag. But couldn't even get another freebie one this last few days because both CE's that were offered, personally, I didn't like - they were just not to my liking.

As I look at my purchase history, purchases have definitely been slowing down in the last year or more.

[Post New]by mammashark on Mar 22, 16 9:28 PM
Very disappointed in this game. Too much dialogue.

[Post New]by anangelseyes4me2 on Aug 12, 16 10:59 PM
I can generally find something 'good' to say about a game even if it isn't my cup-o-tea.
Sadly - I can't find anything good to say about this game. There are footprints that tell you where to go... so you end up going in circles. Nothing is open. It's slower than a slug on sleeping pills and Janet has nothing good to say. On top of that, when Brad gets back to the car, Janet is mysteriously missing, yet nothing in the story indicates she has left, been kidnapped, etc. I think it would even bore my youngest grandchildren at 8 yrs and 11 yrs old.

If there were ANY testers that allowed this game to be put through for customer enjoyment, they must have been created by Dr. Frankenstein and programmed hit and miss by a 2 yr old.

Such a waste of good time.

Go to: