pugmom2
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

Wasn't sure I would like this but ....Its a Fun Game!

[Post New]by pugmom2 on Dec 22, 09 9:33 AM
I got through the 1hr demo and was sitting on the fence with this one. I thought, is it going to get any better than this? Decided to go for it and It Did Get Better! I am glad I purchased this little gem.
Really enjoying it. No Timer - which is a big plus for me. You advance through the levels when you have completed the goals.
There are some challenges, but nothing that can't be over come with a little thought. In other words ... I wasn't pulling my hair out trying to complete a level.
I played for hours yesterday and still have not completed the game.

Edited on 12/22/2009 at 8:26:39 PM PST

Re:Wasn't sure I would like this but ....

[Post New]by larascupboard on Dec 22, 09 3:31 PM
There is a timer but you can continue playing after the "expert" time runs out.

If you complete the level in expert time you gain extra points towards upgrading buildings, etc.

pugmom2
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

Re:Wasn't sure I would like this but ....

[Post New]by pugmom2 on Dec 22, 09 3:50 PM
Yes - thank you. I just play in a relaxed mode which works best for me. You do however end up getting points to purchase all the upgrades you need, maybe just not a fast.

tezaber
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

Re:Wasn't sure I would like this but ....Its a Fun Game!

[Post New]by tezaber on Dec 23, 09 7:29 AM
I'm also addicted to this one. So far I've played for about 15-20 hours and am only in the Michigan section, so there's much more to do. I've also tried the sandbox modes and like those as well. The only frustrating thing is when you can't upgrade the garage any more and still need more delivery trucks or buses or Dumpsters...then it's a juggling game to reroute trucks from one task to another. Too bad you can't build an extra garage or two. Other than that, I'm loving this one. I hope they make a sequel with many (ie. MANY) more building types

pugmom2
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by pugmom2 on Dec 23, 09 1:41 PM
tezaber wrote:I'm also addicted to this one. So far I've played for about 15-20 hours and am only in the Michigan section, so there's much more to do. I've also tried the sandbox modes and like those as well. The only frustrating thing is when you can't upgrade the garage any more and still need more delivery trucks or buses or Dumpsters...then it's a juggling game to reroute trucks from one task to another. Too bad you can't build an extra garage or two. Other than that, I'm loving this one. I hope they make a sequel with many (ie. MANY) more building types

I Agree! Been playing for 2 days now and still more to go. Really Enjoying This Gem of a Game. I hope they make a sequel as well - this is the best since the Build-a-Lot games.

Happy Holidays!

b00kworm
Clownfish
Clownfish
912 Posts

[Post New]by b00kworm on Dec 24, 09 1:35 AM
This far, I have completed most levels on 'Expert' time, but I like the idea I can spent hours with one level, if necessary, to figure everything out. I always found it enraging to just miss the time limit by seconds or so and loose a level because of this.

After all, you can always go back and try for 'Expert' time later on...

Taltam1
Clownfish
Clownfish
525 Posts

[Post New]by Taltam1 on Dec 24, 09 7:31 AM
b00kworm wrote:This far, I have completed most levels on 'Expert' time, but I like the idea I can spent hours with one level, if necessary, to figure everything out. I always found it enraging to just miss the time limit by seconds or so and loose a level because of this.

Same process for me. Some levels I get "Expert" but on others, it takes more time. But that's great because I have to think and then when I figure it out, I'm like "Doh!" LOL! This game is great and thankfully no glitches.

tezaber
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by tezaber on Dec 25, 09 12:43 PM
b00kworm wrote:This far, I have completed most levels on 'Expert' time, but I like the idea I can spent hours with one level, if necessary, to figure everything out. I always found it enraging to just miss the time limit by seconds or so and loose a level because of this.

LOL....I know what you mean about missing the time by seconds. But I also love the fact you can keep playing....it's so annoying when games interrupt you and ask you to try again before you can move to another level. At least this one doesn't do that and make you feel you've wasted all that time for nothing. I also like that you can either advance or keep playing the same city once you reach the goals.

I've been experimenting (I'm in New York now with only 3 or 4 more levels to go) and have learned some techniques that seem to help....when I start from scratch again I'll remember to build as many industrial buildings together when possible. What can really cut down on the time is that "truck travel," so building wool and cotton plants near the fabric factory, for example, should boost the speed in which I can finish. Playing a bit in sandbox mode really allows you to screw around and see how quickly stuff can get delivered, depending on space issues.

Love this game!

Go to: