Rasputin's Curse

MrsSkippy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,388 Posts

Rasputin's Curse

[Post New]by MrsSkippy on Dec 22, 09 10:50 AM
Just thought I'd let you all know about this game. Gamezebo's newsletter said it was available for download, so I tried it. It's basicly a HOG, some interactive, mini games, no timer. Story isn't to bad, you can skip the dialouge if you want.
Some of the objects are very small, I used a lot of hints, just on one scene.The hints recharge, so you can use as many as needed (good thing).
Now my only problem is do I spend the $, or wait and hope gets it soon?

ETA: the child in the story reminds me of a very whiny, spoiled child. Seems to cry most of the time

Edited on 12/22/2009 at 10:57:10 AM PST

ComputerCharm
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
17,537 Posts

Re:Rasputin's Curse

[Post New]by ComputerCharm on Dec 22, 09 11:00 AM
Sounds like a good game MrsSkippy. I will wait. I like having all my games in 1 place since before I found BFG and was paying $20 per game and have lost almost all those games. If anything happens to this laptop I will those too. JMHO

Charm

Euskalduna
Stingray
Stingray
5,991 Posts

[Post New]by Euskalduna on Dec 22, 09 11:02 AM
Thanks, MrsSkippy, that sounds like my kind of game (HOG and No timer). I can't play games here (visiting the USA) but making list of games I want to buy/play when I return to Caracas. Hope BF gets it.

kamenye
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by kamenye on Dec 24, 09 11:27 AM
Just played the trial on this one too and got really into it...I hope BF gets it soon I really don't need to spend $20 right now so will have to wait.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Dec 24, 09 1:39 PM
I couldn't wait...went ahead and bought it. And then put it aside to play The Mirror Mysteries. Just can't get enough.

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on Jan 16, 10 11:47 AM
I just tried it b/c I like Russian history. In an hr's time I hadn't hit any yet. I want whatever the writers were on This game is like a convoluted soap opera & is taking 4ever to cut to the chase. There's the whiny little kid who may have inherited a rare genetic disorder & leaves his toys in the kitchen cupboards. There's the distant workaholic hubby who turns out not only to be having an affair, but a total sleazeball who invites his GF over to romp in the marital bed. There's the long-suffering wife who is obsessed w/ her Russian geneaology research & wonders why hubby is so distant & seems to think a trip to Russia to further this obession will cure the marital woes....until she discovers him in the sack w/ GF & then takes off on her own to St Petersburg leaving said whiny kid behind w/ hubby's parents, while having periodic blackouts in which Rasputin hisses her name in a sibilant whisper. Players are going to scream at how small the HOs are. I don't usually mind that b/c it makes it more challenging, but the graphix are not up to par w/ the games like Civil War & the Agatha Christies that can pull this off. At least the hint system is generous. I'm wondering if how slowly the storyline moves at least indicates a lengthy game. It does have you wondering how all these soap opera elements are going to be resolved & what's going on w/ Grandpa Rasputin LOL

karen876
Catfish
Catfish
1,524 Posts

[Post New]by karen876 on Jan 16, 10 11:52 AM
Think I may give this one a pass.

missy12
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,263 Posts

[Post New]by missy12 on Jan 16, 10 12:40 PM
sounds good .will BF,be getting it

BelindaR53
Clownfish
Clownfish
800 Posts

[Post New]by BelindaR53 on Jan 16, 10 2:44 PM
I played the demo of this game too, and liked it. I do hope BF gets it. WHY can't anyone from BFG ever answer us when we ask if BF will be getting a certain game in or not???
missy12 wrote:sounds good .will BF,be getting it

sunnny
Manatee
Manatee
3,945 Posts

[Post New]by sunnny on Jan 16, 10 4:14 PM
When I was playing in the park in a ,,,,LOT,
I bough it for 6.99

sawadee93
Koi
Koi
128,219 Posts

[Post New]by sawadee93 on Jan 25, 10 12:18 AM
bump ..out today as well ...

ComputerCharm
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
17,537 Posts

[Post New]by ComputerCharm on Jan 25, 10 12:24 AM
Thanks for the info Sawadee. i probably would have missed it. I forget to scroll down on the main page.

Charm

Rachieroos
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,039 Posts

[Post New]by Rachieroos on Jan 25, 10 1:40 AM
I have just downloaded it now to play (I am off work sick so am in bed playing games to my little heart's content). From scarlet_11dy6's review it sounds utterly intriguing!

Ra-ra-rasputin here I come

[Post New]by Moo_the_Gamer on Jan 25, 10 2:03 AM
sunnny wrote:When I was playing in the park in a ,,,,LOT,
I bough it for 6.99

Call me a dummy, but I just don't get that one.

sunnny
Manatee
Manatee
3,945 Posts

[Post New]by sunnny on Jan 25, 10 2:21 AM
I finished the game and really liked it,
It is a fictional story based in correct historical times, facts and places.
The story might be an allegory on Rasputin*s relationship with
czarina Alexandra.(?)
The developers are based in St, Petersburg, so even
the screenshots are real.
The depiction of a Russian village is the best I have seen.

sunnny
Manatee
Manatee
3,945 Posts

[Post New]by sunnny on Jan 25, 10 2:26 AM
Moo_the_Gamer wrote:
sunnny wrote:When I was playing in the park in a ,,,,LOT,
I bough it for 6.99

Call me a dummy, but I just don't get that one.

Check your PM

Rachieroos
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,039 Posts

[Post New]by Rachieroos on Jan 25, 10 4:27 AM
Just finished the demo, and am dl again from the developer's site for another shot at it.

I think it's a funky game I found the storyline intriguing, although I think she should have beaten Mark over the head with the hockey stick before leaving for Russia. I agree that the hidden objects are mega difficult to find, so I have been using the hints waaay more than I would normally for a HOG. One of the annoying things - for me - was when you come to the end of a h.o scene and then are told that you need to find a way to open an item (tea chest for example) but have no idea where the item is. Now I don't know if the game highlights it and I have just haven't been noticing, or what, but it isn't clear what you are trying to open and so looking for a relevant item (key, hammer, crowbar or whatever as in true HOG style) is rather difficult.

So far, a definite 3 out of 5 from me, even though it's hard for a HOG. My eyesight isn't brilliant, but I am only half-blind in one eye and usually manage to find hidden items with the other - this one is a cracker for driving you mad and sitting holding the laptop 6 inches away from your face (which makes it hard to snack at the same time so a definite disadvantage).

Pertigal
Shark
Shark
10,783 Posts

[Post New]by Pertigal on Jan 25, 10 8:03 AM
Oh, Rachieroos, I have the same problem...legally blind in one eye and the other weakening as a result. I may have to diet just so I can get closer to the screen, lol

purplehaze72
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,258 Posts

[Post New]by purplehaze72 on Jan 25, 10 8:07 AM
a friend of mine finished the game before trial ran out so probably will try to finish it myself instead of buying it.

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on Jan 25, 10 8:10 AM
I deleted it after 30 minutes. I got tired having to tidy up every place she went! The objects were too small, and sometimes you didn't know if an object was hidden or not because it wasn't in a different color or anything on the list. It irritated the heck out of me, and I only got to the hotel lobby, so I never got to see the good stuff.

Go to: