Catghost
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

Helicopters keep hovering over already 'cured' areas

[Post New]by Catghost on Dec 22, 09 1:40 PM
Hi,

Whenever there're a fire or a medical emergency, the helicopters tend to hover over the area, even after they have done what they have to do.

This bug was annoying, but barable til now.
Now I have to deal with wild fires and my helicopters can't seem to put all the fires out, because they tend to break out in areas I can't reach (can't destroy the patch of forrest). It's driving me crazy. Help, anyone?

Re:Helicopters keep hovering over already 'cured' areas

[Post New]by larascupboard on Dec 22, 09 3:35 PM
I haven't had this problem yet and i'm on the second to last county.

I can only suggest you contact tech support and see if they can help you.

Goodluck.

pugmom2
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by pugmom2 on Dec 22, 09 3:52 PM
What I did was to upgrade the Fire Dept then I purhcased a 2nd. Fire Dept and upgraded it. They take care of all the fires. Once you have met the Fire Goals, I destroyed one of the Fire Depts. Hope this helps.

MNHawk
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by MNHawk on Dec 22, 09 5:40 PM
Sees a REFUND request soon, this is why I have not bought the game yet. TOO MANY BUGS

Taltam1
Clownfish
Clownfish
525 Posts

[Post New]by Taltam1 on Dec 22, 09 7:30 PM
MNHawk wrote:Sees a REFUND request soon, this is why I have not bought the game yet. TOO MANY BUGS

That doesn't sound like a bug, it sounds like a game LEARNING CURVE.

Catghost
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

Helicopters keep hovering over already 'cured' areas

[Post New]by Catghost on Dec 23, 09 1:29 AM
Catghost wrote:Hi,

Whenever there're a fire or a medical emergency, the helicopters tend to hover over the area, even after they have done what they have to do.

This bug was annoying, but barable til now.
Now I have to deal with wild fires and my helicopters can't seem to put all the fires out, because they tend to break out in areas I can't reach (can't destroy the patch of forrest). It's driving me crazy. Help, anyone?

I figured it out! I uninstalled the game, installed it again and restarted the level.
Everything is running smoothly now. Thanks for the tip on two firestations, though! Thanks, Pugmon2! That, plus correcting my mistake of trying to put out the fire without a firestation helped me ace this level.

Edited on 12/23/2009 at 1:30:26 AM PST

tezaber
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by tezaber on Dec 23, 09 7:34 AM
Yeah, one of the first things I do now is build both a fire station and a hospital almost immediately since they really cut down on the interruptions, which seem to come in big waves with truck breakdowns and garbage build-up.

loudlife
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by loudlife on Jan 6, 10 2:49 AM
I love the game, but have also had the perpetually circling helicopter problem in many levels of the game. With or without the fire station, it will just hover and hover until I finish the level. I wouldn't mind it so much if I didn't have to listen to the siren the whole time as well.

lorie56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,872 Posts

[Post New]by lorie56 on Jan 8, 10 12:34 PM
I didn't have the hovering helicopter until Portage, Michigan. Then I had a helicopter that wouldn't leave a house. The constant beeping was driving me nuts! I thought if I destroyed the house the helicopter would go away. It didn't, but at least the beeping stopped.

Go to: