Has anyone been able to get this yet?

esheley
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

Re:Android Update

[Post New]by esheley on Mar 21, 16 1:09 PM
I'm afraid to try.

On Facebook, Darcie (the game rep) said that she'd let us know when the maintenance for the update was complete. So far, she hasn't let out a peep.

I hope they're not encountering problems at their end. That could be a tough fix.

[Post New]by memunk1964 on Mar 21, 16 1:31 PM
Tried to play today but got the message to update. Went to Google Play but no update. The message says to wait and try again in few minutes. A half hour later and no luck! I'm not sure what's going on. It's very confusing.

dwilson11
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by dwilson11 on Mar 21, 16 2:08 PM
Yes just got the update. Looks just like on the pc and I have now been forced to update. So close to getting to max level and being able to do rounds and build inventory and coins. The tournament icon is greyed out and says coming soon and I had to restart the game as all friends except John were missing
Deb

Starling41
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by Starling41 on Mar 21, 16 2:15 PM
I got it on my Kindle. I still have my blue quests that were open. I haven't seen anything different yet.

Diane8722
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by Diane8722 on Mar 21, 16 5:00 PM
It looks like all the rooms, HOS's and ZZ's are now stored on our devices rather than the BFG servers.

justin0120
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by justin0120 on Mar 21, 16 5:05 PM
Startling41 how did you get it on kindle I can't find it.

Starling41
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by Starling41 on Mar 21, 16 5:30 PM
I was told by the game that I needed to update and it took me to the update on Amazon.

I did have to go look for the update on a previous update. I found it in the store.

ldy709
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by ldy709 on Mar 21, 16 5:52 PM
I have a Kindle and was able to do the update just fine. Everything works fine and I am able to progress with the exception of the Tournaments (which just states "coming soon").

cartma
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by cartma on Mar 21, 16 6:00 PM
I have Google Play and have everything including the tournaments.

Jashu99
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Jashu99 on Mar 21, 16 7:11 PM
I play on a Kindle Fire, and the tournament icon is no longer greyed out, but when I click on it I get the message that the tournament is over with 100 gems and no participants. I wonder if this is expected behavior? There should have been a tournament that started a few minutes ago.

Thanks

esheley
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

[Post New]by esheley on Mar 22, 16 5:22 AM
It's working fine on my Kindle Fire this morning. Last night the tournament icon was grey, but I received a notice a while ago that the tournament will start soon, so I guess they just held off until they could see that most of us had successful downloads.

The Find button works on the DQs now. I know most people here were and still are concerned with the change in the drop rate, and I agree that that's a negative. But I'm really very glad that we can now use the Find button when doing the DQs. That was a problem that needed to be fixed ASAP, and now it's done.

deeziner
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
478 Posts

[Post New]by deeziner on Mar 22, 16 7:01 AM
"Search" feature in the crafting area....I love you. Getting to the Vampire Sign (my go to crafting item for DQs) used to be such a pain....now a simple v-a-m...search....thanks Devs.

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Mar 22, 16 11:51 AM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to stop in to address the latest Android update. We absolutely want to make sure everyone is able to enjoy the new content, and that update should be available to download in the App Store. However, if anyone isn't seeing the update, or is seeing a issue with a feature in the game, we recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with your player ID. Any of our Reps will be happy to help.

In case it's useful, the following help article has steps on locating the player ID in the game:

Finding Your In-Game ID (Free to Play Games)

Thank you to everyone who's posted their feedback for the update here. We're happy to hear that people have been enjoying the new features in the game. If anyone notices any other technical issues, we encourage posting in the thread I've included below. Posting here helps the Moderation Team to track issues and trends, and make sure they're reported to the right team:

Post your Midnight Castle (Android) Technical Issues Here Only!

Thank you for your patience. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgPanthalassa

[Post New]by claire_lou28 on Mar 22, 16 2:39 PM
Hi all. Can anyone tell me exactly what has changed in the game because my kindle is telling me it's updated but I can't see anything new?

kthreads
Clownfish
Clownfish
603 Posts

[Post New]by kthreads on Mar 22, 16 3:32 PM
claire_lou28 wrote:Hi all. Can anyone tell me exactly what has changed in the game because my kindle is telling me it's updated but I can't see anything new?

One of the best things is that when gifting you now get the choice on most items to buy them with coins rather than spending diamonds if you don't have the item but want to gift it. I like this feature. We've had this on the pc game for a while now...really works for me. I can do that for a couple of friends, go to an HOS or 2 and recoup quickly rather than using up diamonds.

My both my Kindle games updated just fine. In fact, my game on my older Kindle HD I use as a feeder game is running faster now so it's not so frustrating doing the HOSs. Before this update it had such a slow reaction time it made doing an HOS a hair-pulling experience. It's so much better now.

On the pc update, at a higher level, several of the HOSs changed with new items and features/backgrounds. I'm only at level 17 on one android game and 24 on the other so my HOSs are still the same so far. I expect they will change when I hit a higher level just as my pc did. I can't tell you what that level is since I must have been past the point of change on my pc because once I did the update, they were different. Those changes were: Throne Hall-Mirror Nave
Ice Rock-Winter Garden now Summer Garden; Castle Entry- Elfish Base Relief; Dungeon of the Cursed- Castle Armory

Not sure what others changed as I was only at about level 28 or 29 on pc game at the time of the pc update.
I will 'assume' that the android HOS sites will be the same.
I'm not far enough long for newer pets to open up or other newer HOSs.

Edited on 03/22/2016 at 4:36:25 PM PST

[Post New]by Gulliver01 on Mar 22, 16 4:34 PM
Nothing new that I can see. I am still getting the horrible 15 coins or 1 shard ( never use them, Trina is only a way to spend your inventory, waste of time) ever 8 out of 10 times...luv it.

Go to: