pugmom2
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

I have not found any glitches or problems with this game, so why are some complaining ....

[Post New]by pugmom2 on Dec 22, 09 8:34 PM
I have not had a single problem, glitch or bug with this game. Runs smooth with no freezing or anything else.
Not sure why there are so many complaints. Graphics are great and if comes with a sense of humor too!

bertiepuppy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

Re:I have not found any glitches or problems with this game, so why are some complaining ....

[Post New]by bertiepuppy on Dec 23, 09 2:21 AM
I have no complaints with the graphics etc but with the appalling tutorial.

After two hours - I perservered because so many people were saying it was good and I spent one hour here and another hour on another site but I still haven't finished the tutorial - come on TWO hours of trial time and still unable to get past the tutorial - have just spent 39 minutes attempting the level with the tunnal and still have only 4 people and no means of increasing the income to build the next factory to keep going - tutorial stinks and therefore the game isn't up to scratch.

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

I have not found any glitches or problems with this game, so why are some complaining ....

[Post New]by Laflamme on Dec 23, 09 2:33 AM
pugmom2 wrote: I have not had a single problem, glitch or bug with this game. Runs smooth with no freezing or anything else.
Not sure why there are so many complaints. Graphics are great and if comes with a sense of humor too!

Well, send prayers to the deity you prefer then that it stays that way. Apparently your PC / Mac config works with this game while others do not.

tezaber
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

Re:I have not found any glitches or problems with this game, so why are some complaining ....

[Post New]by tezaber on Dec 23, 09 7:20 AM
I'm almost afraid to say anything, but I've also had absolutely no problems with this game. Indeed, it's probably one of the first games I've downloaded in a long time that hasn't crashed yet or run "yerkily" with graphics.

pugmom2
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by pugmom2 on Dec 23, 09 1:32 PM
I know some players are not happy with the lack of tutorial. I didn't find it difficult to figure out what to do next ... maybe that's part of the challenge. In any event - I think this is a Gem of a Game.

[Post New]by xxwithmyradio on Dec 23, 09 9:18 PM
i bought the game yesterday and am i on the fourth level and have no had one problem with the game. i got past the tutorial on my second download from another site. it takes the first download to master it all. it's really fun and i love it! some levels take longer than other (my longest was an hour ) but it's ok. it's a great game and very addicting lol.

b00kworm
Clownfish
Clownfish
912 Posts

[Post New]by b00kworm on Dec 24, 09 1:31 AM
I, too haven't had any problems with the game (technical or otherwise) that far. But then, I've always been quite lucky with my computer, as far as that is concerned.

bertiepuppy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by bertiepuppy on Dec 24, 09 2:41 AM
I haven't had any technical glitches - just can't get through the tutorial despite having a third try I am still frustrated that I need a walkthrough for the tutorial levels - so imagine that the rest will be totally beyond me. I am usually only beaten by those stupid games where you have to click on things and hope that something will open up and then somehow you can get back to the room 5000s rooms before to use the new tool that you have found but have forgotten why you need it.

TM are my favourite games, particularly in the building format but this one has me beat at the tutorial stage as that is simply too hard to figure out what to do.

Edited on 01/01/2010 at 11:12:48 PM PST

[Post New]by ladycrow23 on Dec 26, 09 9:07 AM
there is a glitch level 108..i tried and tried and tried...it is not possible to complete level..if anyone completed level 108 let me know...

loudlife
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by loudlife on Jan 6, 10 2:44 AM
I am one of the people that have had technical glitch issues. I love the game! That's why it's so frustrating when my trucks (and once it was my buses) all freeze for no apparent reason. I have had to restart levels due to freezing about 5 or 6 times.

The tutorial is crappy - but the game isn't rocket science. I just persevered until I figured it all out. Some of the "bugs" people are talking about are just them misunderstanding the game. For example, several people have complained that they can't get merch from other cities without realizing that they have to also send required trade goods to those cities. I'm certain my problem is technical, though. BFG appears to be on holiday staffing levels still and the only response I get is, "check in the forums for help." Sigh...

Yorkenshaw
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by Yorkenshaw on Jan 6, 10 3:01 AM
I have had no clitches to speak of other than a flashing screen, which is not so bad. The tutorial apparently has been updated. If you go to the makers site www.virtualcityforums it states there that this has been done as so many had problems. I had no difficulty with the tutorial I found it very clear and it does take you through step by step, though you still have to think.

tezaber
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by tezaber on Jan 6, 10 3:39 AM
I actually found one small glitch. After playing the game twice all the way through (I'm on my third go-round) without having found anything at all, I suddenly came across something.

I was clicking on one of my trucks, going to upgrade it, and at the precise instant, the fire siren also went off. What happened then is that the truck photograph locked up on me and the camera kept following that truck around on screen. I tried clicking on various other trucks, buildings, menu buttons, etc. and nothing stopped the camera from following that truck and I couldn't access anything else in the game. I solved the problem by going to "menu" and getting back to the main screen. Once I hit "play" again and returned to the city in question, everything was back to normal and exactly where I'd left off. So for me, that's the only goofy thing that happened, and it seemed to happen only because I was clicking on one thing and the fire siren went off at the same time, thus putting the fire department into action. Strange

momniecy
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by momniecy on Jan 6, 10 3:56 AM
Maybe it's like someone said, some computers don't work well with this game. I absolutely love this game, and I want to play it. But, when I got to the third state, all heck broke loose. I no longer get any briefs by the girl, because it goes straight into the game, and I have to push the resume game button. When I do start the game and try to click on the girl to figure out what I'm supposed to do, my game freezes. If I try and play without the brief (which I've been having to do alot), my game still freezes, if I hit a truck to upgrade it, or do a route.

You seem to think that we complain about our technical issues to put the game down. That is not the case, we just want to be able to enjoy it like you and all the others do, without getting frustrated because you have to ctrl/alt/del out of it so often.

Go to: