Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post you REVIEWS for Spirits of Mystery: Family Lies Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Mar 24, 16 12:39 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 03/24/2016 at 6:43:10 AM PST

Re:Please post you REVIEWS for Spirits of Mystery: Family Lies Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by shelterhill on Mar 24, 16 4:38 AM
I like this game, it's not groundbreaking but the gameplay is smooth and the story is interesting. Not many HOS during the demo, but the ones there were are nice, find items from spoken words etc
Not many minigames, they are mostly integrated in the game itself, but I liked what I saw, the collectibles only pearls to buy stuff, not sure to what means. Achievements alright, nothing spectacular.
There is a gimmick you use, but I didn't mind this one, easy enough..
I have a free game coupon, I'm not sure if Í would pay full price though because of the little extra's.
But I have all the others in the series, and this is a nice addition

rainworm
Herring
Herring
360 Posts

Re:Please post you REVIEWS for Spirits of Mystery: Family Lies Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by rainworm on Mar 24, 16 5:32 AM
Shelterhill, you speak out, what I feel about this game too!
Think, I will spend my coupon for this game. It is a fairytale series, I like. Something sort of "cozy" to play in the not so nice Easterweather in Germany.

MLC60
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by MLC60 on Mar 24, 16 6:10 AM
[Removed by Moderator] just the same-old same old. You have to have the magic doohickey to see the invisible, dangerous thingamabobs and try to escape, but you end up in prison anyway. And, of course, there's an old nanny there to help our little princess. Give me a break! But try it for yourself. You might like that sort of thing.

Edited on 03/25/2016 at 5:17:26 PM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Mar 24, 16 6:43 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Spirits of Mystery: Family Lies Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Spirits of Mystery: Family Lies Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

sollys
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by sollys on Mar 24, 16 7:51 AM

Edited on 03/25/2016 at 5:05:06 PM PST

janey1806
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by janey1806 on Mar 24, 16 10:25 AM

Edited on 03/25/2016 at 5:08:33 PM PST

dorish2
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by dorish2 on Mar 24, 16 10:52 AM

Edited on 03/25/2016 at 5:10:21 PM PST

janey1806
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by janey1806 on Mar 24, 16 12:57 PM

Edited on 03/25/2016 at 5:09:04 PM PST

[Post New]by happyasaclam2 on Mar 24, 16 2:11 PM

Edited on 03/25/2016 at 5:11:14 PM PST

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Mar 24, 16 3:22 PM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to stop by to thank everyone who's posted their comments and suggestions here. The Moderation Team definitely enjoys receiving users feedback for our games and site. However, we do ask that the Review threads be kept reserved for reviews only.

In order to keep the thread easy to navigate and use, we ask that discussions and conversations please be kept out of the thread. According to the initial post by bfgBellerophon:

Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Spirits of Mystery: Family Lies Collector's Edition.

Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

Additionally, we also ask that the Forum Rules be kept in mind while posting. Specifically:

Make sure your posts are constructive and add to the conversation on the forums. Posting just to "level up" or "bump" discussions is considered SPAM. Posts that are not game related will be removed.

By making sure to keep those rules and guidelines in mind, we can help to keep the Review threads as useful and easy to navigate as possible. Thank you for your understanding.

bfgPanthalassa

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Mar 24, 16 3:54 PM
I played this game through the bonus chapter. This has been an ongoing story through series and this edition has a nice twist in the story, that was completely unexpected. Good graphics, music, color etc. Surprised that there weren't any collectables but, I could have completely missed them and will check when I do my second play through. And, IMO the game has replay value

I know there are others out there that don't care for the fantasy type game but there are many of us that do and I enjoyed this one very much. I'm sure there will be a demon, ghoul, or vampire along very shortly to please you.

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on Mar 24, 16 11:16 PM
Shortest demo ever. An epic 28 minutes. Wow. While I have always enjoyed this particular ERS series, this one was sorely lacking. Am I playing a game or watching cut-scenes? I think actual game play time was more like 15 minutes. I will say that I did enjoy the one HOS, but [Removed by Moderator] that will change to straight lists or silhouettes for the rest of the game. Did not like the gimmick stick. [Removed by Moderator] Did like the story. I might suggest as an SE with a coupon, but I have run out of coupons as the latest CE offerings have been so lacking that I don't have any. Sad, really. [Removed by Moderator]
Happy gaming fishies!

Edited on 03/25/2016 at 5:25:13 PM PST

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Mar 25, 16 2:00 AM
That has to be the shortest demo ever and I suppose it was nice enough if you want a game that has almost no challenge.

Typical ERS fare; lovely graphics and well-drawn characters with huge eyes who cry beautifully. HOS were ok and puzzles were nothing new. Jewel-like things to collect that appeared in places you might not expect. The usual 'dear sweet Nanny' that still looks after the Princess even though she's about 25 years old

No helper so that was a plus but I started to dislike this game the moment that 'gadget' appeared. One of these devs gets an idea, then all the others copy it and use it in every game in some form or another. They might try having an original thought for once. Still, there was a bright side; I didn't have to find a zipper-pull.

Not for me, even as an SE. I had no technical issues with the demo.

If I have unused PCC'S, I give them away. There's always someone who can use them and I hate waste!

bonggamer
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by bonggamer on Mar 25, 16 2:22 AM

Edited on 03/26/2016 at 5:39:28 PM PST

bonggamer
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by bonggamer on Mar 25, 16 2:24 AM
The story line did not make sense. I went back and played the earlier one: Spirits of Mystery: Chains of Promise where Isa made his debut as a villain and dies in the end! So how is this Isa coming back in Family Lies. Most confusing as a sequel!!!!

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Mar 25, 16 8:16 AM
Hi all! As always, I usually do not review on the story line, as others do a much better job of that than I. Well, we have #6 in this series. Yes, I have them all. The graphics are very nice in this game, better than the first few in the series. Game play was very good, no problems during the demo and the scene fit my large screen quite nicely. Colors seemed a little washed out to me, more pastel, which made them looked a bit fuzzy. Animation was pretty nice. Voice overs were okay, but at first sounded a little over the top and forced, like someone trying to act but couldn't. They did get a little better as the game progressed. I was disappointed in how short the demo was. I beta tested this one back in December and it seemed the game play was longer. Music was fairly monotone and boring, so I usually turn it down for a little background noise. Sound FX aren't bad, but then, you are in a castle, so what noise can you hear?

HOPs were okay, nothing new, just interactive lists and storybook type riddles where you find a couple of highlighted words. Items were not difficult to find. Puzzles were extra simple and took no real brain power to complete. Very disappointing. Hint system is helpful, but I did not see that it transported to longer locations. Okay, during the demo, we didn't do all that much traveling except within 4 or 5 rooms of the castle. SG is the usual and is easy to follow.

The only collectibles are jewels, which when collected turn into money to purchase items. For what reason, I am not sure. There definitely needed to be something extra in this department. These jewels can be single or multiple in each scene and are not all that easy to spot. I believe I also found a couple in the HOPs. It's not a collectible, but you use an amulet to hunt for and destroy thorny flowers in a scene, which will then allow you to travel into another scene/room in the game. I believe the thorny plant is the magic the bad guy uses to try to keep you away from him.

As I said, I usually do not review on the story. However, I will this time, as this story is nothing new. You have a brother who wants it all and does whatever he can to take over everything and destroy his brother and his family. I found this to be a little boring for me, and geared more toward the beginner rather than a seasoned gamer. There wasn't really any challenge anywhere, except to remember to look for the jewels. I did not feel that this game was CE worthy. I will give it another try when the SE comes out and see if I like it better. Unless there is a very good sale, I won't get this one as a CE. I will recommend it for beginners, or for those of use who just want to skate through a game to kill time. I do that sometimes too.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may find this one to be exactly what you are looking for. Thanks for the reviews.

blueskies01
Guppy
Guppy
161 Posts

[Post New]by blueskies01 on Mar 26, 16 12:55 AM
Certainly a surprise to find that all has suddenly changed completely for the royal family. This new plot development makes no sense, unfortunately--either as a stand-alone or as a continuation of the series. No buy for me.

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Mar 26, 16 4:52 PM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to stop in to provide a reminder of the Forum Rules to keep in mind while posting in the forums. Specifically:

Treat others with respect. Harassing, attacking, threatening, provoking, calling unwanted attention to, name-calling, insulting, or bothering other users, moderators, or Big Fish employees on the forums will not be tolerated. Play nice.

Do not discuss moderator disciplinary actions. Moderators will not discuss actions and ask that you do not either. Posts that contain this information will be removed and may incur further disciplinary action.

Make sure your posts are constructive and add to the conversation on the forums. Posting just to "level up" or "bump" discussions is considered SPAM. Posts that are not game related will be removed.

As the Moderation Team won't discuss any disciplinary actions that may be taken, we also ask that users please refrain from commenting on them in posts. Additionally, in order to keep the forums easy to navigate and use, please make sure to keep posts specific to the games themselves.

We also ask that the Review threads be kept for reviews of specific games. According to the Review Guidelines:

Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

By making sure to keep those rules in mind, we can help keep the forums and this thread enjoyable and useful for everybody. Thank you for your understanding.

bfgPanthalassa

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

[Post New]by jcsgame on Mar 26, 16 7:32 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed this game. The change in story kept my interest through the entire game. I couldn't wait to see how it turned out.

Go to: