arnold1049
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

Balancing scale with key

[Post New]by arnold1049 on Mar 24, 16 12:54 AM
I cannot get the right combination of weights to balance the key that I need to enter the caravan building. Any help would be appreciated.

Maureen

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

Re:Balancing scale with key

[Post New]by nwl43 on Mar 24, 16 1:04 PM
I started with the smallest and kept adding the next largest until it tipped. I then removed one until it balanced. I can't remember which one, but you could remove, replace, remove replace until it balances.

arnold1049
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by arnold1049 on Mar 25, 16 2:29 AM
Thanks nwl43. I know the required strategy to solve the puzzle, it just isn't working for me. Believe, me, I have done exactly as you indicate, several times, over and over, starting from the biggest to the smallest, from the smallest to the biggest and even from the middle in both directions. This is taking way too much time so I am looking for the exact solution, as the strategy is obvious.

Thanks anyway.

arnold1049
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by arnold1049 on Mar 25, 16 7:31 PM
I still need the solution to this puzzle; exactly which stones will make the scale balance?

Thanks.

Maureen

arnold1049
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by arnold1049 on Mar 28, 16 12:50 AM
I did a Google search for a walkthrough for this game and finally found a solution to the scale and key. The first wrong concept I had was that the sides of the scales should be even, so that the rocks equal the weight of the key. From the walkthrough, the correct rocks are the four starting with the next to smallest and increasing in size from there. When I added these rocks to the scale, the rock side went below the level of the key side, which in previous tries I though was wrong. But I got the key with those 4 rocks even though the sides of the scale were not level.

Now that I've found a walkthrough, I should be good to go. BF, you really need to make this walkthrough available to us.

Go to: