Game Will Not Run, Thinks It Did

[Post New]by lizardqueen63 on Dec 23, 09 9:07 AM
Hello all,

I've installed Liong on two different computers - one XP and one Vista - and played it for a long time with no issue. Last night, I did a system restore on the Vista machine. I had to redownload all my Big Fish games (luckily my save files stuck around!), and so far all of them that I've tested work fine except for Liong: The Lost Amulets. I click "Play", it processes for a second, and it then jumps to the "Thanks for Playing/ Play Again" screen. Of course, in the middle of typing this message I tried one more time and got the good old "Game already running" error. Any thoughts, particularly on the former problem?
Thanks!

soblessed57
Manatee
Manatee
3,780 Posts

Re:Game Will Not Run, Thinks It Did

[Post New]by soblessed57 on Jan 21, 10 1:29 PM
I am having the same problem with both of the Liong games! But this combo of *hidden object/Mah Jong, was one of my favorites. Beautiful and loved that soothing soundtrack too! I've emailed about it and had now three different guys working on it through Live Chat( BF CS is GREAT!),to no avail. I have a feeling they won't be able to fix it. I see it can be downloaded from Amazon for $6.99,but not sure I want to try it again,in case it's a defective game.

Edited on 01/21/2010 at 1:34:01 PM PST

bfgZambezi
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,858 Posts

[Post New]by bfgZambezi on Jan 21, 10 2:56 PM
Hey Fishies,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're having with this game! If you're getting a message that your game is already running when it hasn't in fact loaded, the game might be waiting for a response from you, or it might be running in the background where you can't see it.

The following help article has more information about how to resolve this issue.

Game is Already Running

If you're still experiencing a problem, it might be time to write in a support ticket. You can contact Customer Support by clicking on the green envelope to the right of the screen. Or if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat

Hope this helps!

-bfgZambezi

soblessed57
Manatee
Manatee
3,780 Posts

[Post New]by soblessed57 on Jan 21, 10 5:10 PM
Yep tried restarting the PC that didn't do anything either. Play Now button only clicked on once. They haven't been able to fix it in Live Chat using Copilot either(when they access my PC).

Edited on 01/21/2010 at 5:11:56 PM PST

soblessed57
Manatee
Manatee
3,780 Posts

[Post New]by soblessed57 on Jan 28, 10 7:01 PM
My games are working! It WAS a Java issue,learned that we must disable our Firewall when installing or updating Java,then restart PC then re-enable our Firewall. After I did this I clicked on both Liong games tonight and no error message or saying "unable to start because a game is already running",they started right up,YAAAAY!

Edited on 01/28/2010 at 7:02:27 PM PST

Go to: