Crafting Pegasus

Nimbus2525
Minnow
Minnow
277 Posts

Crafting Pegasus

[Post New]by Nimbus2525 on Mar 24, 16 11:12 PM
Won a Pegasus egg on the wheel - wow, great I thought! Till I saw the cost to craft it. 50,000. That is ridiculous. Some things in this game are just too darn expensive.

Nickimine
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

Re:Crafting Pegasus

[Post New]by Nickimine on Mar 25, 16 12:26 AM
Nimbus (I'm sorry, I don't know your real first name) :

A long time ago I was excited when I finally got a Pegasus Egg off the Wheel. I saw that expensive cost to "birth the egg" into life, and my eyes popped out. (I've left my eyes that way - I think it makes me more attractive). lol

I used real money to purchase the coins I needed to craft the Pegasus. After all - it was fantastic to finally get the egg! (I am aware that many Players have never spent any real money the whole time they've been playing this game. How they've avoided spending real money - EVER - is beyond me, but I applaud whatever strategy they use!)

The question is : Is it worth it to craft the Pegasus? Is it worth spending some real money (if you're running low) to buy the coins needed to help you craft this pet? Hmmmm, what is the answer? Well, if you like the idea of having every pet as you move forward in this game .... Yes. Craft the pet. It's nice going to your pet tab and saying "hello" to all your little darlings.

Has this pet (for me) brought back oodles of coins, stamps, and other goodies? No, not especially. I have some "cheap pets" (shhhh, I don't want to hurt any of their feelings by name calling) but the cheaper pets I crafted have performed just fine. Often times even fantastic!

You are right. There are many things, too many places inside and around the Castle, that are so expensive to open and play. Too darn expensive as you put it.

Come back here sometime and let me know what you decided to do, okay?

Jean

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Mar 25, 16 12:27 AM
Some folks like to have a "full set" of pets and it does look attractive.
I do not, but as I have worked through the Levels, I have crafted them as I accumulated them and now a full page of pets.
So I have to go to page two of my Pets list to see what food I have, unless I change the inventory levels. NOT very convenient.
Most of the pets I no longer feed so it was a waste of money crafting them. The Snow Griffin starves!
But as you progress through the game you use whatever you are gifted.
I have a Pegasus egg, but until someone tells me it is a 90% gold chest yielder when I feed it, then it just sits in my egg box.
Another annoying thing about the Pegasus is that it is very greedy (15 bags of Rare food). The other "Rare food pets" that I do have are also quite greedy (10 or 12 bags) except for the Yeti. My favorite in this category is the Raven (about 60% gold chests).

[Post New]by Brave_Gemini on Mar 25, 16 1:04 AM
playingthegame wrote:So I have to go to page two of my Pets list to see what food I have, unless I change the inventory levels. NOT very convenient.

If you hit the123 in the pet tab it reverses the order (making it 321) and I believe that will put the food on the first page. Of course, if you have to push a button anyway I guess it might as well be to go to page two, but I wanted to mention the new feature in case you haven't noticed it.

Arminius77
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by Arminius77 on Mar 25, 16 1:52 AM
Hi Nimbus,
I managed to gain the Gold Pony. No regrets about it, it has given me so much already and it only uses 6 unique food (and he's ready to go again after only 30 minutes). Definitely my favourite pet and worth gaining 50K (you get to keep the 50K btw).

Linalie
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
475 Posts

[Post New]by Linalie on Mar 25, 16 2:41 AM
I have several pet eggs waiting for me to finally craft them - I love collecting so I do want these little darlings to eventually hatch. My plan is to hang onto them until I hit the "waiting for another update" level which is currently 71 - I am thinking that once there, I won't be spending coins to open areas and can finally just build up coins and begin crafting my little cuties.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Mar 25, 16 4:14 PM
Most of the "original" pets require great amounts of coin to craft....they need/require great amounts of pet food to feed.....the Voracious Lemur, for instance, is indeed very voracious....requires 16 bags of simple food!

Personal opinion follows:

1. I will not be too anxious to spend 50,000 coin to craft a pet of any sort until maxed in the game and not needing that coin to open expensive levels.

2. Once you get at least one pet that fulfills each type of food (one in the 5-6 bag area), that is sufficient to assist you in the game.

3. If you ever get the opportunity to get the ORIGINAL Christmas pets (snowman, yeti, reindeer, penguin, and white bear), they are all worth getting because they have few "needs" and the refresh time is quite reasonable. The reindeer should be secured first, as he yields gold more often.

4. If you get the opportunity to get the Spring Butterfly......RUN, don't walk, in that direction......That lil darlin' is awesome for returning gold nearly every time....10 bags of simple food; sleep time is 60 min.....well worth the investment and beyond.

5. Jack in the Box is associated with an achievement.....you have to use him 20 times to get the Jester avatar....and he sleeps for 8 hours. Otherwise, he is less than stellar.

ETA: #6 -- The Gold Pony is acquired by achieving Time is Money, level 3 (collect 50,000 coins in 24 hours) ....... he is also worth his weight in gold and should be actively pursued. He gives gold nearly every time....requires 6 bags of unique food, and only sleeps 30 minutes.

Edited on 03/25/2016 at 4:17:30 PM PST

Nimbus2525
Minnow
Minnow
277 Posts

[Post New]by Nimbus2525 on Mar 25, 16 9:40 PM
I would love to craft the Pegasus but I will leave him sitting for awhile. He is in my smaller game which has the coins to craft him but wouldn't leave a lot left!! I do have the Christmas pets, thanks to the consortium. Plus the butterfly and pony in my main game. Must say both the pony and butterfly are well worth their feed.

I love the Halloween cat - not very useful but I like watching her!! Pity she wouldn't catch a few of the rats we have in the castle!!

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Mar 25, 16 9:57 PM
Agree about the Black Cat.....she really is most cute....love the green eyes! Not particularly spectacular in the gold chest department, but certainly cute to look at.....I think she is much cuter than Champion.

deeziner
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
478 Posts

[Post New]by deeziner on Mar 26, 16 5:45 AM
Brave_Gemini wrote:
playingthegame wrote:So I have to go to page two of my Pets list to see what food I have, unless I change the inventory levels. NOT very convenient.

If you hit the123 in the pet tab it reverses the order (making it 321) and I believe that will put the food on the first page. Of course, if you have to push a button anyway I guess it might as well be to go to page two, but I wanted to mention the new feature in case you haven't noticed it.

Thanks for pointing out the new 123 button...completely missed it... Yes definately helpful as I spend a bit of time analyzing and wrapping my head around my current supplies....

Nice tool Devs...thanks!!

esheley
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

[Post New]by esheley on Mar 26, 16 8:02 AM
Annelliegram wrote:Agree about the Black Cat.....she really is most cute....love the green eyes! Not particularly spectacular in the gold chest department, but certainly cute to look at.....I think she is much cuter than Champion.

I use her in the Cemetery with some success. I've also gotten silver from her in some of the darker spaces where a cat might find some good prey to chase. Since I began thinking along those lines, I've gotten silver from her more often than not. But she is pretty stingy with the gold chest.

(My favorite real-life cat ever was a black cat. It's been 6 years since that final vet visit, and I miss him every day. )

ofitg7
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by ofitg7 on Mar 26, 16 2:17 PM
Hi all, I have extra eggs for all the Christmas pets. Please PM here if your are in need and I will gift them. Play on PC and wanting to help. Happy gaming.

fbf6751
Minnow
Minnow
232 Posts

[Post New]by fbf6751 on Mar 26, 16 7:00 PM
Nimbus leave that Pegasus egg alone shes not worth it ,I made the mistake of crafting her at the time I was level 20 or so I had 40,000 so I thought why not gold seams to be easy to get so I sold a few items mostly stamps very big mistake never sell stamps for any reason ,boy was wrong about getting gold easy , after I crafted her I was ok for a bit ,but now this was before I found out about the forums and all the guides and now I am in plain stamp purgatory and just fighting to get gold
heed this warning

Lortoc

icema_
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

[Post New]by icema_ on Mar 26, 16 7:32 PM
esheley wrote:
Annelliegram wrote:Agree about the Black Cat.....she really is most cute....love the green eyes! Not particularly spectacular in the gold chest department, but certainly cute to look at.....I think she is much cuter than Champion.

I use her in the Cemetery with some success. I've also gotten silver from her in some of the darker spaces where a cat might find some good prey to chase. Since I began thinking along those lines, I've gotten silver from her more often than not. But she is pretty stingy with the gold chest.

(My favorite real-life cat ever was a black cat. It's been 6 years since that final vet visit, and I miss him every day. )

[Post New]by oldclockguy on Aug 15, 16 8:38 AM
esheley wrote:
Annelliegram wrote:

I am not a cat fan, (my ex had 42 of them in our house .... 'nuff said 'bout that!) but I did have one coal black male cat that was "gifted" to me by a nice lady who couldn't keep a pet in her her apartment. He was neutered and declawed by the previous owner. I named him Jedidiah Black, ..... "Jed" for short. He was not liking the indoors so he found a home in the horse barn and I have to say, that cat earned his keep in spades (no pun intended) and my mouse population in the barn crashed by about 90% in the first month that Jed was on patrol. He had his own style and was as independent as any cat I have seen, choosing to visit me on his own terms as I fed the horses but not loitering long if I didn't pay him the attention he expected.

I had a summer job guiding in the North country (Quetico) and he was "on loan" to a friend for the summer whose daughter fed him and took care of his needs. By the time I returned home, he had bonded with Chris and they were like a young girl with a "cat shadow" wherever they went! Long story short, I didn't have the heart to take him back to the farm so Chris inherited Jed and grew to womanhood with one of the coolest black cats known to modern man as her closest buddy. He was one of a kind.

This has absolutely nothing to do with "Crafting Pegasus" but I always smile and remember Jed whenever I hear about "Pets" ........ and that is my story no matter what anyone else says!!

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Aug 15, 16 12:17 PM
I worked hard at making rounds to earn the 50k to hatch my Pegasus, & it was well worth it to me. I love just looking at my beautiful Pegasus. She & the black cat (who looks just like my real-life miracle kitty Sheba!) are my favorite pets.
Pegasus has brought me gold chests at the Castle Gates & the Treasury. My black cat has brought me gold at the IceRock, the Forbidden Tower, & the Pond of Life. They are both excellent pets & excellent companions.

It's really whatever makes you happy. Will you enjoy having beautiful Pegasus keep you company? Or would you rather have the coins sitting there? No one can answer that but you.

laran
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by laran on Aug 15, 16 12:21 PM
To craft Pegasus will now cost 'only' 5000 coins, a lot of difference compared to the old days in the Castle..

Take care

Laran

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Aug 15, 16 1:12 PM
laran wrote:To craft Pegasus will now cost 'only' 5000 coins, a lot of difference compared to the old days in the Castle..

A bargain at twice the price! 3 Gold chests could bring you back that much.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Aug 15, 16 1:19 PM
My Pegasus has never been that generous -- and at 15 bags per feeding, he is a bit expensive to keep feeding.

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Aug 15, 16 1:30 PM
Well, there's your problem right there - your Pegasus is a "he".
Stuffs his face & falls asleep…… typical guy….

Go to: