Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Vampire Legends: The Count of New Orleans Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Mar 26, 16 12:35 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 03/26/2016 at 8:51:19 AM PST

Scottie12
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Vampire Legends: The Count of New Orleans Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by Scottie12 on Mar 26, 16 2:23 AM
using Windows 7, crashed in first hidden object scene. Had to manually shut down my laptop as could not exit the game using control alt delete.

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Vampire Legends: The Count of New Orleans Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Mar 26, 16 8:51 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgPanthalassa

gamma9697
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Vampire Legends: The Count of New Orleans Collector's Edition

[Post New]by gamma9697 on Mar 26, 16 1:29 PM
Windows 10 - can no longer 'grab' the hammer in the attic to make the handle from the spoon...

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Vampire Legends: The Count of New Orleans Collector's Edition

[Post New]by wanderingwomble on Mar 26, 16 3:33 PM
Mac OSX 10.10.5. I have the same problem with the hammer. I put down the spoon and the hammer isn't grabbable. I can grab the saw and the file, but the strategy guide says I need the hammer. I am stuck.

1357wc
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
453 Posts

[Post New]by 1357wc on Mar 26, 16 11:28 PM
Windows XP

Game is shifted over to the right side so I have a large black bar.
In the HOS, it is a big white bar at the bottom and some of the objects are missing. In the second one to pick up the gris gris, white bar and barely made out the objects written in dull yellow, but they were all there.

My cursor also disappears when I go to pick something up in a close-up scene but it does pick it up. I just aim and hope it hits the object. Unless it is fixed, this will be a no buy for me.

Shame, because I like these sort of games.

EDIT: uninstalled and reinstalled Made no difference to my play

Edited on 03/27/2016 at 12:04:42 AM PST

[Post New]by mavisfearn1 on Mar 27, 16 3:24 AM
hi im having the same problem with the hammer in the attic and it wont let you go any further can you fix it please i no they will be closed down with it being easter grr

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Mar 27, 16 2:21 PM
Hi there,

I wanted to pop in here and address the recent posts in this thread. I'm sorry to hear that players are experiencing issues with their game.

For players that are unable to progress in their game and pick up items, the following help articles may help resolve these issues:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Windows 10

Mac Game Troubleshooting

1357wc, it may be helpful to look at the first help article to ensure that your video card driver is up to date.

If the issues still persist, please reach out to our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. The support team has the tools to further troubleshoot.

Thank you for your patience.

bfgBellerophon

YourGibs
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by YourGibs on Mar 27, 16 3:24 PM
gamma9697 wrote:Windows 10 - can no longer 'grab' the hammer in the attic to make the handle from the spoon...

Same glitch for me as well.

sandell14
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by sandell14 on Mar 28, 16 12:46 AM
Same here.

Windows 10

gamma9697
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by gamma9697 on Mar 28, 16 6:17 AM
I quit the game - rebooted the laptop and changed 'player' - started at the beginning again and now I was able to use the hammer...a pain but it worked...

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Mar 28, 16 10:08 AM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that players are experiencing issues with Windows 10 and the hammer scene of this particular game. Thank you gamma9697 for mentioning that starting a new profile helped. In the meantime, the following help article may also help:

Windows 10

Feel free to also contact our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. They have the tools to further troubleshoot and gather the data to bring to the attention of the appropriate teams.

Thank you for your patience.

bfgBellerophon

pavlovscat
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,478 Posts

[Post New]by pavlovscat on Mar 28, 16 1:00 PM
Windows 7 Home Premium
I have the hammer & spoon problem as well.

sheaflyin
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by sheaflyin on Mar 29, 16 2:40 AM
I don't know if you noticed, but some of us can't get back to the Carter's house. If you make a mistake and don't back out, you are unable to go back, as the house is not on the map and you have to start over just when you're almost at the end. Please add the Carter's house to the map!

[Post New]by DarkSnowWhite on Mar 29, 16 11:41 AM
Hi i have a Mac Os X El Capitan version 10.11.3 and have just had the same issue with the Carters house on the map..Thought I was being stupid for while going back and forth and retracing my steps... It happened straight after developing the photo. I am annoyed because I did try the trail before I purchased too as it has been recommended as a go round for certain games that don't play well on iMac and its a CE game too so not cheap....

[Post New]by Duztoff on Mar 29, 16 6:05 PM
Windows 8.1, same issue with spoon . I REALLY don't think it's platform based since it appears to happen to Win 7,8.1, 10 and Mac. Since it's happening on so many platforms, it HAS to be a programing issue. I really H A T E having to re-start a game I pay good money for to correct a problem that should have been caught in testing!

Edited on 03/29/2016 at 6:08:27 PM PST

twin222
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by twin222 on Mar 30, 16 1:49 AM
same issue with the hammer... windows 10. all drivers up to date... :-( can you fix this please???

edit: new profile worked... but annoying!

Edited on 03/30/2016 at 4:30:14 AM PST

crypsynight
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by crypsynight on Mar 30, 16 7:16 AM
I'm on chapter 4 with the lock puzzle.
It worked fine first time, but i had to close game before finishing it. Now when i try to do it, the central disc will swap over fine, but the numbers will not rotate using either the clockwise nor the anticlockwise arrows.
I've closed and reopened the game, and have tried the reset button to no avail

1357wc
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
453 Posts

[Post New]by 1357wc on Mar 30, 16 2:02 PM
As suggested by the moderator, I checked and, my video card is current, so that is not the issue. Hopefully if there is a fix for others, It may correct my problem of being off centre and the object bar will not be a big white rectangle that you can barely see the words in HOS.

Thanks anyway.

aussieali
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by aussieali on Mar 30, 16 4:33 PM
sheaflyin wrote:I don't know if you noticed, but some of us can't get back to the Carter's house. If you make a mistake and don't back out, you are unable to go back, as the house is not on the map and you have to start over just when you're almost at the end. Please add the Carter's house to the map!

I have same problem!!! It's so ridiculous....I don't want to start again but it looks like that's what I have to do...so annoying!!! Why would the developers not put it on the map!!!! I've walked around and aroud and around every scene to try and get back in and I just can't. Really annoyed because before that I was really enjoying the game

Go to: