gullbra
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

fireplace cleaning

[Post New]by gullbra on Dec 23, 09 10:39 PM
I have the stick, napkins and thread together but when i try to clean the top tiles i get the massage "this is too slack." I have been back over the walkthrough and can't find anything I've missed, but there must be something especially when no-one else has had this problem.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

fireplace cleaning

[Post New]by robin94122 on Dec 24, 09 5:52 PM
gullbra wrote:I have the stick, napkins and thread together but when i try to clean the top tiles i get the massage "this is too slack." I have been back over the walkthrough and can't find anything I've missed, but there must be something especially when no-one else has had this problem.

Normally you get that message when the three items have not fully combined, and it thinks you just have the napkins and the bough.

When you look at the text at the top of the screen for your item, does it say "Cleaning Stick"? Or does it say something else?

If it doesn't say "Cleaning Stick," you need to check your inventory for the thread again to see if it really did combine.

Robin

gullbra
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

Re:fireplace cleaning

[Post New]by gullbra on Dec 25, 09 3:05 PM
it says napkins tied to stick with thread. I can't get it to say "cleaning stick>"

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Dec 25, 09 4:53 PM
gullbra wrote:it says napkins tied to stick with thread. I can't get it to say "cleaning stick>"

That means you need to attach it to the "bough" (the tree branch) that should be in your inventory if you picked it up outside. If not, you may have to go outside again to get it.

The Blog Walkthrough posted free here at Big Fish Games has a screenshot showing where you collect the Bough, so that might help.

To get to the Blog Walkthrough, click on the Try This Game link at the top of this page, then click on the link to the Blog Walkthrough.

Good luck!
Robin

gullbra
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by gullbra on Dec 25, 09 9:38 PM
The message actually is "napkins tied with thread to a bough ." What else can you suggest?

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Dec 26, 09 12:22 AM
Edited because Mr_Russ had the correct answer below.

Robin

Edited on 12/27/2009 at 10:04:53 AM PST

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Dec 27, 09 3:15 AM
You get the "too slack" message if you are trying to press the clean(ed) buttons with the cleaning combo.

The three combined items are only used on one dirty button. Once that's done you have to use the (soot-blackened) broom or the shovel to actually press the buttons.

pupulegirl
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by pupulegirl on Dec 30, 09 7:15 PM
I'm sorry, but I have the same message and I understand that it happens on the cleaned buttons. I have tried to clean other places especially where the #5 button is but nothing happens. I also only have 6 clean buttons where it says "this is too slack". Someone help me PLEASE!

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Dec 30, 09 10:08 PM
pupulegirl wrote:I'm sorry, but I have the same message and I understand that it happens on the cleaned buttons. I have tried to clean other places especially where the #5 button is but nothing happens. I also only have 6 clean buttons where it says "this is too slack". Someone help me PLEASE!

If the buttons are already clean, it's time to move on to the next step, which is to find something less springy to push the buttons with.

You have two choices for this, so look in your inventory and nearby.

Good luck!
Robin

cinder555
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,217 Posts

[Post New]by cinder555 on Dec 31, 09 9:00 AM
Did you pick up the small shovel? The 6 tiles are at bottom of the fireplace with the small shovel. Look up. There are 9 tile/buttons - it is dark. Put your screen brightness all the way up. Clean the middle tile then match the six tiles from the bottom to the top in the correct order. The correct order is the tiles on the bottom.

Hope this helps. If you want the correct order of tiles PM me. I don't want to spoil it for others.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Dec 31, 09 9:40 AM
Note also that you have to clean the bottom tiles with the broom before you can read and use them.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Dec 31, 09 10:24 AM
cinder555 wrote:Did you pick up the small shovel? The 6 tiles are at bottom of the fireplace with the small shovel. Look up. There are 9 tile/buttons - it is dark. Put your screen brightness all the way up. Clean the middle tile then match the six tiles from the bottom to the top in the correct order. The correct order is the tiles on the bottom.

Hope this helps. If you want the correct order of tiles PM me. I don't want to spoil it for others.

It might be even easier to just look at the Blog Walkthrough which is posted free here at Big Fish Games, since it has step by step instructions and marked screen shots, which can help a lot.

To get to the Blog Walkthrough, just click on the Try This Game link at the top of this page, then click on the link to the Blog Walkthrough.

Robin

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Feb 1, 10 1:16 AM
bump

TxConnie
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by TxConnie on Feb 6, 10 8:08 AM
I am getting the same message. I have followed the walkthrough three times now. I can't get it to say cleaning stick.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Feb 6, 10 9:39 AM
You can only use the stick / napkin / thread combination to clean one upper tile. You can't use it to press anything. As soon as the tile is clean, switch to the broom or shovel.

Are you missing an item of stick / napkin / thread?

Edited on 02/06/2010 at 9:41:17 AM PST

Darcy123
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Darcy123 on Apr 18, 10 10:58 PM
Once it says "I'm too slack" (or whatever it was), then you just need to pick up the fireplace shovel, and press the bricks in the correct order. The "I'm too slack" means it is all done lol. I had to work that one out too...

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Nov 17, 10 12:05 PM
Bump

Go to: