Survivor01
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

Review

[Post New]by Survivor01 on Dec 24, 09 4:47 AM
I've never done a review, but since there isn't one here, I thouht I'd give my two cents. I only played the demo a little. I like match 3 games and I love Christmas so I obviously had to try it. It seems pretty easy - good for no brainer diversion - it has no timer. The graphics are wonderful and it has really cute matching icons. My only complaint would be that the power-ups and exploding icons don't eliminate the silver background tiles (which you need to get rid of to advance to the next level) they just wipe out the icons. This is helpful at times, but I just like the extra help of blasting the background tiles.

Hope this helps a little - I'm going to buy it because I don't have a Christmas game and it is fun.

Additional Info: I just read the developer's response to "Problem with Level 18" and it seems there are bonuses later on that get rid of the background tiles. So I'm even more happy! Sorry about that.

Edited on 12/24/2009 at 4:50:34 AM PST

ducle
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
422 Posts

Re:Review

[Post New]by ducle on Dec 24, 09 5:39 AM
Thanks for your review. I enjoy match-3 games and will try the demo.

Survivor01
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by Survivor01 on Dec 24, 09 3:12 PM
You are quite welcome. One other thing I found is that when you finish a level, it takes you to a screensaver - hit escape to get out of it without committing to the screensaver.

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Dec 24, 09 6:37 PM
This is a nice, colorful game but not quite as good as the Perfect Tree, I don't think. Certainly worth the $2.99, though. I'm not sure, yet, if I'll buy it as there are so many I like, lately, and I have a limited amount to spend on games.

jgehrke
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by jgehrke on Dec 13, 12 7:27 PM
I very much enjoyed this often relaxing and at times challenging Christmas - themed match 3 game. The music is great, the graphics are very nice and the game play starts easy and continues to increase in challenge and enjoyment for me. And there are a multitude of levels to keep me in a festive mood through the holidays

[Post New]by CasualGamePlayer on Dec 22, 12 9:02 PM
This is a Christmas themed match 3 game and a very lovely one at that. This will please classic match 3 lovers and although it may lack the flash of some newer match 3 games it definitely has charm. There are 55 levels in the Classic level and the Gold level has another 55 levels for a total of 110 levels in this SE game, to compare a similar game length of 100+ levels that was released as CE edition not to long ago. I also like that the developer of the game came personally to update everyone on the new Gold level. Always a good sign when a developer takes the time to go on the forums to answer questions and interact with us.
There is no timer so you go at your own pace and as others have mentioned it is more of a relaxed game so no pressure to beat the clock. Those looking for challenges or doing other tasks like building towns etc may find this game a bit on the simple side but I liked the relaxed pace. Also, I bought this for my younger cousins and I think with no timer this makes it a good game for younger players too. Every few levels there are wallpapers you can access and they all have winter/ picturesque scenes. There are lots of Christmas themed tiles: puddings, snowmen, Christmas crackers all very colourful and fun. Really puts you in the Christmas mood.

I don’t play loads of match 3 games and when I do it is usually for 10-15 minutes whilst on a break and I like not having the pressure of a timer when playing these games, I dislike games where there are no relaxed options. I really feel this game is an underrated one- especially with the updates. I was initially put off by the reviews on the main page and am happy that I gave it a go. I recommend this game for lovers of match 3 games. Lots of levels lots of fun. Happy holidays.

Go to: