What's wrong with this game?

[Post New]by harleybagheera on Dec 24, 09 8:51 AM
I downloaded the trial period of this game, and we played it for the entire hour, and enjoyed it enough to purchase it. After it was downloaded, we went to play it, and it won't work. As soon as we click "relax mode" or "play," it immediately defaults back to my original screen saver, and the BFG page pops up with it's "do you want to play again?" message. Why does it work during the trial, but ceases to play once you throw money at BFG? Is this happening to anyone else? This is the 3rd or 4th time I have had this happen. Are we just becoming a bank account for BFG to dip into? I want games that continue to play AFTER I purchase them.

Edited on 12/24/2009 at 8:52:48 AM PST

Quill
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

Re:What's wrong with this game?

[Post New]by Quill on Dec 24, 09 10:35 AM
I'm having the same problem.

bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

[Post New]by bfgErie on Dec 24, 09 2:40 PM
I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble with The Perfect Tree. Most technical problems with our games can be resolved through our Help pages. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

I hope this helps!

bfgErie

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Dec 24, 09 4:06 PM
I bought the game after the demo and it runs perfectly on both XPpc and my Vista laptop, so nothing wrong with the game. Maybe you need to uninstall it and play with a different name on redownload? Or maybe update your Games Manager.

You may have to wait due to holiday to contact tech help, green envelope righthand of screen for Customer Service. If your pc can't run the game you should get a coupon for another game. Sorry you are having your trouble and missed the fun.

Edited on 12/24/2009 at 4:08:24 PM PST

mollyal
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by mollyal on Jan 3, 10 6:34 AM
Same thing happened to me---the demo played fine, but the purchased game didn't. I played it for a few minutes, then a couple days later I tried to play it again. No matter what I click on, it kicks me out of the game. I uninstalled and reinstalled, same results. I e-mailed Big Fish about this. This is the only game I've ever had trouble with.

[Post New]by VivJerez on Dec 5, 12 2:49 PM
For me, the solution to the game crashing was to uninstall but ALSO delete the other files like the profile that are saved in a different folder. I did a search on my C: for Perfect Tree, and found the folder where the data was stored. After deleting the folder, I reinstalled the game and it is now working perfectly. Of course, you are right back at the beginning when you delete the data, but I was not too far anyway, and just wanted to get the game back.

[Post New]by MaryA49 on Jan 7, 14 9:50 PM
Thank you VivJerez. I had the same problem and reinstalled the game and still had the problem until I read your instruction to also search the C and delete files there. I did and it worked and now I am playing again. Thank you so much.

Go to: