NeenaL60
Minnow
Minnow
251 Posts

RESOURCE REQUIREMENTS FOR DRILL CHANGED ? Bricks ONLY!

[Post New]by NeenaL60 on Mar 27, 16 9:15 AM
I ran update.((cringe))..a change has been made for my DRILL...instead of asking for Bricks, Pinks, Blues....my drill asks for BRICKS ONLY... And a HUGE amount... I've tried it in all the cities, it ask for 129,000 and up to make a green gem!... REALLY?...is this a game change or just ANOTHER problem for my game? I'm so very weary of contacting CS....
Anyone else? Please check...

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

RESOURCE REQUIREMENTS FOR DRILL CHANGED ? Bricks ONLY!

[Post New]by eli173 on Mar 27, 16 11:41 AM
NeenaL60 wrote:I ran update.((cringe))..a change has been made for my DRILL...instead of asking for Bricks, Pinks, Blues....my drill asks for BRICKS ONLY... And a HUGE amount... I've tried it in all the cities, it ask for 129,000 and up to make a green gem!... REALLY?...is this a game change or just ANOTHER problem for my game? I'm so very weary of contacting CS....
Anyone else? Please check...

Hi Neena, I don't know what the content of the mobile update is, but what you describe sounds familiar and is normal. The requirements change every time you drill, ranging from 1 to 3 resources in varying amounts. And they are always the same in every city, since you actually own only one drill. So I don't think there has been a change, it just so happens that you are required to use bricks now. Once you drill the requirements will change again.

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

Re:RESOURCE REQUIREMENTS FOR DRILL CHANGED ? Bricks ONLY!

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Mar 27, 16 11:56 AM
It changed when I started St Petersburg and it has stayed that way ever since! Most of my cities I have very few bricks and it is making it nearly impossible to make the green gems. I have probably drilled around 30 times and it is only ever 150,000+ bricks required :-(

NeenaL60
Minnow
Minnow
251 Posts

Re:RESOURCE REQUIREMENTS FOR DRILL CHANGED ? Bricks ONLY

[Post New]by NeenaL60 on Mar 27, 16 6:42 PM
Eli, I'm in Barcelona, fully understand how 3 resources vary in cities, quantities, amts while making/drilling gems...but after UD games require lots and lots of bricks ONLY, well over 289,000/1-gem , yes diff amts of bricks for diff cities but BRICKS ONLY.. One single RESOURCE. This CHANGES as of yesterday-complete game control? what can I gather, it's not only my iOS game but others as well,so I can only reason it is a change now after some point but which, what point. I'm tired of these old tactics.... When my reserve is used up, it will be soon at these ridiculous amounts, I'll leave and delete this game faster than I downloaded it and it's hundred updates...T-Bird.. One stroke to delete, 3 to download! Simple for me, off to the bin to join Midnight Castle and Lost. Last BFG for me, lesson learned...

[Post New]by Gummysmasher on Mar 28, 16 8:29 AM
This is real. Bricks only. I drilled for over 40 gems. I can only hope it will rotate weekly between bricks, then hats, then gems.

Why would they do this??

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Mar 28, 16 8:54 AM
Sorry, I play on PC and could not fathom that this would be real! The PC and mobile versions have grown apart so much that it looks like they are two diffreent games in many aspects. Perhaps we should have two forums, one for each platform, so that we can avoid confusion and focus on our separate issues!

[Post New]by Gummysmasher on Mar 28, 16 1:35 PM
New York level 18 is the answer for this. Easy way to get tons of bricks--I got over 200K in one shot just now.

I haven't spent gold on Gems in many many updates. Whatever it takes, I will continue to mine my own gems. bring it on Big Fish!!

NeenaL60
Minnow
Minnow
251 Posts

[Post New]by NeenaL60 on Mar 28, 16 3:56 PM
G-smasher...Give 'em Hell!! I'll have to check out NY 18 since drilling one gem cost me (in sev. City) -approx 250,000 + bricks for 1 yes, ONE... At this rate, and needing 50+ Gems at one stop when doing levels ....(.all brick producing levels will be adjusted next! )

HEY MOD.....could you please give an explanation as to why the resources needed to drill gems has changed to exclusively ONLY BRICKS and hundred of Thousands of them....? When did this take place and at what point in the game does it switch? This is not just a couple games that are affected..... Weigh in on this very important CHANGE PLEASE!!

Edited on 03/30/2016 at 9:21:50 AM PST

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Mar 30, 16 5:50 PM
Changed again, now it's bricks and hats! I was hoping they would have a week or so on just hats as I seem to have left over hats in almost every city in large numbers but hardly any bricks and hats are not so prolific!

lawaters
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by lawaters on Mar 30, 16 10:33 PM
I updated on 3/26 on iPad & iPhone. Gem drilling is as always for me - a mix of bricks, hats & pink gems. None are the crazy numbers mentioned here. I'm in Mexico City on my iPad and San Francisco on my iPhone.

Pdominian
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by Pdominian on Mar 31, 16 2:21 AM
I am in London, and the resources required to drill a Gem are bricks and hats - although the required amount are reasonable for me.

kailuaauntie
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by kailuaauntie on Mar 31, 16 2:06 PM
My problem started on March 27 on my iPad and Have been working with customer service since then. They told me that it was "a little strange" that only bricks were required in ALL cities but that it was normal in Los Angeles. At their request, I deleted and reinstalled the program today but nothing changed.

It looks like this program has some issues. ??? really wish a Moderator would comment.

NeenaL60
Minnow
Minnow
251 Posts

[Post New]by NeenaL60 on Apr 1, 16 11:15 AM
4/1/16 still in Barcelona & not moving....haven't played since the snafu.... I'm still showing
BRICKS @149,520 for 1 gem (I need #30)....I just began Barcelona and haven't had time to build up any reserve... 2nd Monument there requires 2mill/1.5hats/1 pinks ? I couldn't make a gem if I needed to WTH
WHY DOESN'T A HELPFUL MOD weigh in on this which IS CLEARLY a problem! Why have some games reverted back to normal, some require bricks but do-able, some just 2 resources, then game like mine asking for hundreds of thousands!,, I'm tired of ALL THESE issues with the game...I guess if your not effected count yourself fortunate...perhaps I am done, seems every glitch, bug, strange happenings going around I GET THEM... Doomed...By the way, how much is 30 gems @150,000..wow!
MOD PLEASE!!!

MarionET
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by MarionET on Apr 1, 16 11:47 AM
No, you’re not the only one affected. Mine also requires up to 171, 000 for a single gem. I had some 10 mil bricks sitting in NY and used them to drill.

I had just finished all intern levels in Shanghai, which was a true nightmare – I hated it with a vengeance and will never play any other level there. I had decided to take a month off because if LA is even harder, I don’t need the aggravation thank you very much.

Honestly, I don’t get this game anymore. At first, we were supposed to build resource marts to use our generated resources to advance. We built the drill in Tokyo, to drill our green gems. We were supposed to become autonomous. Still, I continued to play the helping hands and buy the cards, because their price was reasonable. I did that until I finished NY and then… all of a sudden, the monuments requirements were in millions and the cards priced at 500 to 800 coins. Really? And the moves in "Tokyo 86" were reduced by half, so no more green gems drilling. I had a good reserve but little did I know that I would soon need 40 to 50 gems to advance between monuments too. Say what? This makes it the most expensive game in term of resources EVER.

And it gives only 3 free lives, whereas other games offer 5 and the possibility to upgrade to 3 extra lives using coins.

They don’t want us to drill our gems, they don’t want us to use our resources. What do they want?

Just for the record, I jotted down - after Tokyo 86 - the number of moves required for every level I replay for resources and though I noted that gummies started cascading at a slower pace, it is still ok. However, I swore that if they reduce the moves of any other popular replay level, I would stop playing.

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Apr 1, 16 2:54 PM
Hi Everyone,

If the drill is asking for bricks exclusively, and if you're not seeing this change, we do ask you to contact our Technical Support Team HERE with the email address that's linked to your game along with a screenshot of what you see when you try to use the drill. One of our Reps will be glad to help with this.

Just in case, I'm including a help article on how to take a screenshot:

Taking a Screenshot

Additionally, I want to note that an update for PC is on the way, and that it will be designed to eventually bring things in line with the mobile version of the game. We don't have any details regarding when that update will be available, but the Forum Moderation Team will post in this forum as soon as there's any news.

Since this is regarding a tech issue, I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread. If you notice any other mobile tech issues in the future, you're definitely welcome to post in the following thread:

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Gummy Drop! Mobile here!

Thank you all for your patience,

bfgWaimea

Go to: