scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

Island Of Hope! New HO Game!!

[Post New]by scotcat on Jun 8, 08 12:20 AM
Big size - 95 MB. Looks good. Going to start demo now. Oh please, please let it be good.... and run on my computer with Vista.

See ya's later! :-))

Ok, I'm back and I am buying this one for sure! Woot-woot

EdnaMoles
Clownfish
Clownfish
824 Posts

Re: Island Of Hope! New HO Game!!

[Post New]by EdnaMoles on Jun 8, 08 2:47 AM
Downloaded demo, and woohoo ! purchased it. happy gaming everyone

LisaB19
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,381 Posts

[Post New]by LisaB19 on Jun 8, 08 8:02 AM
Playing demo and liking it so far!

Lisa

LisaB19
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,381 Posts

[Post New]by LisaB19 on Jun 9, 08 6:01 AM
Really enjoying this one!!! Good job BF!!!!!

Lisa

Staril
Minnow
Minnow
227 Posts

[Post New]by Staril on Jun 10, 08 5:07 AM
Gave up on this one within about 10 minutes ... not even sure why I played as long as I did. Several times the word they used could have refered to many items on screen and the one they wanted wasn't always the best match. Other times clicking on correct objects just did nothing ... seemed to work after a few more items were found ... very strange. It's a shame ... looks nice and that first puzzle was fun ... just too annoying to play. Also really didn't like the item of items identified by sound ... I always play with the sound low or off and that just doesn't work ... mind you ... I deleted the game before I got to the point where it wanted me to do that.

[Post New]by teriwitch on Jun 15, 08 9:47 AM
bfgFlounder wrote:I'm glad you guys are enjoying it, I'm playing it myself ;).

Hi, I'Ve downloaded this game but one of the objects is just off the window, any ideas how I can get it, Thanks Teriwitch

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Jun 15, 08 11:12 AM
teriwitch wrote:

Hi, I'Ve downloaded this game but one of the objects is just off the window, any ideas how I can get it, Thanks Teriwitch

In a couple games, I've had to change from full screen to window, click the item, then change back to full screen. Good Luck.

scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

[Post New]by scotcat on Jun 16, 08 12:52 AM
quote]

In a couple games, I've had to change from full screen to window, click the item, then change back to full screen. Good Luck.

Can you guys give me a description of the item you're referring to? Hopefully, then I can have a solution for you.

Well, the game Civil War had a constant problem with this. BF or the game developers did not fix it to my knowledge. Everytime you played the game, you had to make the screen small, then take your cursor & move the whole screen up a tad & then go back to full screen. A lot of the games have tech issues, but no one seems to fix them. Haunted Hotel comes to mind and I heard a lot of people were having problems with Margrave Manor. The developers of SH's - Persian Carpet made a "patch" so that people could play the game in relaxed mode. Has BF inquired about that? I asked, but got no responce. I have not finished the SH's game due to the time limit and always having to start a whole chapter over again.... and again. That's why it wasn't such a big hit. If BF would put in a relaxed playing mode, people would like it more.

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Jun 16, 08 7:55 AM
Hi BFGFlounder. The game I had the most problem with was Civil War. It happened at least 4-5 times. I play in full-screen mode. In some instances when an item was at the very bottom of the screen, my cursor would not go down far enough to be able to click on it. The only solution was to change to window mode, click the item, then change back to full screen. Sorry I can't give you explicit screens but if you look at the thread for Civil War, you'll probably find better screen info. Thanks for asking.

bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jun 16, 08 9:18 AM
cesse47 wrote:Hi BFGFlounder. The game I had the most problem with was Civil War. It happened at least 4-5 times. I play in full-screen mode. In some instances when an item was at the very bottom of the screen, my cursor would not go down far enough to be able to click on it. The only solution was to change to window mode, click the item, then change back to full screen. Sorry I can't give you explicit screens but if you look at the thread for Civil War, you'll probably find better screen info. Thanks for asking.

Thanks for the info cesse47, I'll see what I can turn up :).

[Post New]by teriwitch on Jun 17, 08 12:17 PM
teriwitch wrote:

Thanks for all your replies, but i have tried both screens but no result. This is the second game I have paid for and cannot play but Bigfish dont give refunds, unfair or what!!!!!!

EdnaMoles
Clownfish
Clownfish
824 Posts

[Post New]by EdnaMoles on Jun 17, 08 2:52 PM
I have found BF to be very fair with games if you are having a problem with them, if you contact the "live chat line" they will be more than happy to give you a game credit for any game you are having a problem with, they have never let me down in this area.

LisaB19
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,381 Posts

[Post New]by LisaB19 on Jun 18, 08 6:14 AM
I just finished this one and really enjoyed it. According to them it took me 7 hours to complete. I never got bored with it and wished it was over. This is definatley one of the best ones I've played recently. While it doesn't have the complexity of MF, it was just hard enough to keep my interest.

OK, so now what to play??????

Lisa

KDM99
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by KDM99 on Jun 18, 08 4:21 PM
LisaB19 wrote:I just finished this one and really enjoyed it. According to them it took me 7 hours to complete. I never got bored with it and wished it was over. This is definatley one of the best ones I've played recently. While it doesn't have the complexity of MF, it was just hard enough to keep my interest.

OK, so now what to play??????

Lisa

Three stooges? I'm going to try it now!

LisaB19
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,381 Posts

[Post New]by LisaB19 on Jun 18, 08 5:16 PM
No, not the 3 stooges, Island of Hope.

Lisa

Re:Island Of Hope! New HO Game!!

[Post New]by froglady54 on Jun 24, 08 11:33 AM
Need help finding the last gold coin in the museum, I think it is the third room. A mouse keeps running around but the area where the hint button refers me to nothing happens.

Froglady

bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

[Post New]by bfgErie on Jun 24, 08 11:45 AM
Hiya Froglady. I think I know where you are and I have some info that should help. I'm not sure which coin you are having trouble locating, so I'll tell you where all three of them are. One gold coin is located on the left side of the screen about two thirds of the way down. Another coin is to sitting on the lower right corner of the display case and then there is a third coin in the lower right corner of the scene, just to the left of the glasses case. I hope this helps!

KDM99
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by KDM99 on Jun 24, 08 9:12 PM
I finished this game and the ending?! Finding the envelopes, that's it?

Edited on 06/24/2008 at 9:12:48 PM PST

scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

[Post New]by scotcat on Jun 25, 08 4:33 AM
I think I only played 1/2 of this game. I forgot about it. Nice game, but didn't knock my socks off. Guess I should go back in and finish it.

[Post New]by froglady54 on Aug 27, 08 3:25 PM
I don't know what level it is but I am in the Hotel Lobby and I need to find one key. My hints say it is in the bottom left hand corner but all I see is a camara rope a whisk and an envelope. I have changed the screen back and forth but when I click all over this area no Key. Any help you can give will be great. Please hurry this game is very adictive.

froglady

Go to: