Montana -Deer Lodge - destroy bakery prod

[Post New]by Heavens0929 on Dec 25, 09 2:00 PM
Wow...this one has me stumped!

I'm trying to build up my population as fast as I can, building a recycling plant, bus stops and upgrading buses and dumpsters....but can't figure out how to get 3,500 income and 200 happiness

Can anyone help? I've restarted a dozen times...I'm sure I'm missing something so obvious...

Thanks in advance!

tezaber
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

Montana -Deer Lodge - destroy bakery prod

[Post New]by tezaber on Dec 26, 09 12:26 AM
Heavens0929 wrote:Wow...this one has me stumped!

I'm trying to build up my population as fast as I can, building a recycling plant, bus stops and upgrading buses and dumpsters....but can't figure out how to get 3,500 income and 200 happiness

Can anyone help? I've restarted a dozen times...I'm sure I'm missing something so obvious...

Thanks in advance!

The trick to levels where you have to get rid of an industry while still having enough income....destroy the industry buildings slowly, and put off the task as long as possible. That way you can concentrate on building the residential buildings while keeping the income level high. Make sure you also build a plaza. Then once you have the population high, and a nice amount of money in the bank, start destroying the industry buildings. At the very end, if all you need is a high happiness level, then click on the plaza and throw a fireworks display or a hot air balloon ride (both have different levels of happiness boosting power) and that should do it.

Re:Montana -Deer Lodge - destroy bakery prod

[Post New]by Heavens0929 on Dec 26, 09 6:16 AM
Excellent...I was destroying the bakery prod plants right away (wasting money !)...

I finally did it!!!!!

Thanks so much!

popcorn_20000
Marlin
Marlin
8,219 Posts

[Post New]by popcorn_20000 on Dec 26, 09 5:03 PM
This one had me stumped.. till I realised about the reclycing plant & dumpsters!!

So thanks for the help!!

[Post New]by happy1454 on Dec 27, 09 3:39 PM
Well, first of all (i forgot the starting money), you should use trucks to get a "small start income". So dont destroy the chain ASAP. From there, start working on your residential income (bus stations into busses to malls- dumpsters to recycle plants etc.). Try to upgrade busses and trucks to raise income.
To get residential happyness, i built a plaza- i do that all the time to raise happyness. um is that all?

ebbalytle
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by ebbalytle on Dec 28, 09 10:54 AM
I took a different approach to this level. I put buses on and let the people ride around town going nowhere. They didn't seem to mind. LOL I upgraded the buses and added bus stops as I could to increase my income. I also put a couple of dumpsters on to make sure the garbage was not lowering other scores. I got rid of the old industry pretty close to the beginning and still had enough income to keep me going. When I could, I built an entertainment place. I can't remember, but I believe there was no shopping mall available for this one. Anyway, buses were my key to income.

Oops!! My apologies Fellow Fishies... I replayed this level late last night and discovered that I had confused it with another one. As Taltam said, there is a shopping mall already built. You have a few trucks (4, I believe) to start. You have enough ingredients at the various bakery places to make and deliver 3 pies. That is your beginning money. As soon as they were delivered to the mall, I sold the trucks to make more cash and bought bus stops and buses as I could. Every bus went to every stop and then to the mall. I added houses because they are your source of money for the buses. I upgraded the buses to green and then to yellow as quickly as I could. I had 4 dumpsters on as well, all upgraded to green as fast as I could and then to yellow. To make the final jump in income, I eventually got the buses and dumpsters all to red. Then I upgraded as many houses as it took to get me over the top. I also set a town square into place and used that at the very end to get the happiness level I needed.

This is not one of the easy levels. But it is fun to try to figure out how to get things done. Good luck!

Edited on 12/30/2009 at 11:44:35 AM PST

Taltam1
Clownfish
Clownfish
525 Posts

[Post New]by Taltam1 on Dec 28, 09 2:29 PM
I'm on this level right now. The shopping mall is already built in the center of town. The bakery supply stops (at least it did for me) when I hit $3K. There's already one bus station. I ended up selling the trucks to buy buses and dumpsters and then I started to build the town but it moved SO SLOW so I'm going to start again and use the idea of buses to nowhere.

lorie56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,872 Posts

[Post New]by lorie56 on Jan 5, 10 2:42 PM
Here's a question I didn't see asked. I figured the best way to increase the income was to bake pies and deliver them to the mall. First I had a truck deliver grain to the mill. But when I send a truck to the dairy farm to deliver milk to the pie factory, my truck that was delivering grain to the mill goes back to the garage and I can't get it to resume delivery. Do you have to wait until the mill has so much grain before you can do anything else?

[Post New]by Landon2157 on Jan 17, 10 1:39 AM
I am sooooo glad it wasn't me, lolol I destroyed the bakery chain right off the bat. I'll restart the level and will hold off on that. Tons of great feedback here, thanks to all!!!
I can't get the income to the 3500, but I got the other numbers.

Ok, here goes nothin'!!!

Thanks, everyone!!

Valyna
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by Valyna on Jan 17, 10 5:04 AM
lorie56 wrote:Here's a question I didn't see asked. I figured the best way to increase the income was to bake pies and deliver them to the mall. First I had a truck deliver grain to the mill. But when I send a truck to the dairy farm to deliver milk to the pie factory, my truck that was delivering grain to the mill goes back to the garage and I can't get it to resume delivery. Do you have to wait until the mill has so much grain before you can do anything else?

You can only make 3 pies to deliver to the mall, then you run out of resources. Raise your income using buses/houses/dumpsters - upgrade all to 3 stars. Send the buses to the mall (or theater if you have the option to build one).

[Post New]by hotrodbabe84 on Jan 17, 10 10:13 PM
Thank you everyone for your great ideas & feedback. I finally passed this level after I don't know how many goes Though it must be said that it took me a 1hr to finally complete it Maybe I just like taking my time

[Post New]by SnowyKat2 on Jan 22, 10 9:58 AM
Help! I can't seem to get my earnings to go above the $1,500 mark.. I have 3 buses, all in yellow, 5 bus stops and 1 dumpster, also in yellow.. I thought every time you upgrade the bus stop and raise your population your earnings would jump up, but mine never seems to go up very much..

And, every time a bus breaks down and I pay the $200 to fix it, my income actually drops a few dollars.. I'm way in the red on time on this level..

So when I started it (several times) I made sure to get my 3 pies to the mall and then sold the trucks off.. I bought 2 buses and sent them to all my bus stops, 3 for now.. About this time my earnings are just under a thousand dollars.. Then, I bought my dump truck and sent it around to all the place (and like the bus stops bought trash containers as I could)..

I just started upgrading the 3 neighborhoods as I got the money.. But each time I upgrade either one of them or my buses, my income only goes up a few dollars.. By the time 30 minutes had passed I was still under $2000 and I just gave up..
I've tried over and over again and must be doing something wrong to have my income stay so low..

So, any help anyone can give me to figure out what I'm dong wrong, would be just wonderful.. I'd love to complete this level someday in order to move on.. Thanks..

[Post New]by SystemOverlord on Jan 22, 10 1:26 PM
Are you sending those buses to the Shopping Mall exclusively? Do not send them from bus stop to bus stop! Make sure each bus goes directly from a bus stop to the Mall - you make more money that way. Try that it let us know if that helped.

Go to: