kim_veronica
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

Downloading database?

[Post New]by kim_veronica on Mar 29, 16 1:02 PM
After playing a hidden object scene and claiming the rewards the screen flashed to a downloading database msg, 0/5 ...0% ...still the same after almost 24 hrs?...can't play obviously....help? Please.

susiewastaken
Salmon
Salmon
2,847 Posts

Re:Downloading database?

[Post New]by susiewastaken on Mar 29, 16 1:18 PM
Are you playing on PC?
If so, have you restarted your computer?

kim_veronica
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by kim_veronica on Mar 29, 16 1:36 PM
Hi, am playing on iPad. Have restarted but no change.

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Mar 29, 16 1:43 PM
Hi,
This happened to me, too. I shut down the game completely, reopened it, walked away for half an hour, & when I came back to check on it, it had completed downloading.
Hope it works for you, too. If not, file a request for help from tech support.
Fingers crossed!

kim_veronica
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by kim_veronica on Mar 29, 16 3:16 PM
Thanks Desertdruid...nothing has helped, have submitted a help request. Hope am not going to lose all my data n have to start again.....

SirMarcus
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by SirMarcus on Mar 29, 16 3:27 PM
Be happy in the knowledge that your not alone. (iPad user)

12:15am this morning my game was halted and had the same updating screen, because it didn't change for hours I've uninstalled 5 times and after the last new install the screen changed to downloading database 1/6 and at 16%... This has been going on since 2:15pm and still the same screen now.

I've heard they know about it.....

kim_veronica
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by kim_veronica on Mar 29, 16 3:29 PM
Thank you SirMarcus....

SirMarcus
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by SirMarcus on Mar 29, 16 3:38 PM
kim_veronica wrote:Thank you SirMarcus....

Your very welcome

kim_veronica
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by kim_veronica on Mar 30, 16 8:54 AM
Had the email acknowledgement so waiting for their input. Currently 24-72 hrs for reply. Still no joy with game.

kim_veronica
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by kim_veronica on Mar 30, 16 10:30 AM
Soooooo, email reply suggests I try the list of stuff I already tried from looking on here. Have now let them know this. Such a shame as I was really enjoying the game. If I have to lose all my efforts I won't have the heart to start all over.

[Post New]by Diane6550 on Mar 30, 16 1:00 PM
It seems there are quite a few of us with this problem. I to was bounced out the came in the early hours and have been trying to get back in all day. I have now contacted tech support, I too hope I don't lose my progress, unfortunately will miss the daily bonus until they sort out the problem.

Gemmam77
Clownfish
Clownfish
511 Posts

[Post New]by Gemmam77 on Mar 30, 16 1:21 PM
I am in the same position too, I'm sure they are aware of it but all I get is the stock emails which don't actually address the issue, there are enough people affected by this for them to realise it is a issue, Give us some answers please, acknowledge there is an issue that is affecting a lot of people, this is just frustrating again!

Edited on 04/03/2016 at 7:19:28 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Mar 30, 16 2:26 PM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to pop in and let you know that the team is aware that some iOS players are encountering issues downloading updates to the game. I want to assure you that they are looking into this, and hopefully there will be a fix soon. As soon as the Moderation Team receives any information, we will post in the forums. Players are definitely welcome to try and close out completely of your game and then reopen it. I'll include a help article with steps below:

General Help for Mobile Free To Play Games

Since this is a technical issue that is being investigated, I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread. Thank you for your understanding as we do ask that these issues be placed in the following designated thread:

Post your Midnight Castle (iOS) Technical Issues Here Only!

bfgBellerophon

Go to: