bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

Hong Kong - Level Help

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Mar 29, 16 5:48 PM
Hi Everyone,

With all the cities that are available for you to explore, we realize that it can be a little tricky to find help or give advice for specific levels in each city. To help with this, we've set up the Gummy Drop! City Directory and have created threads for each city.

This specific thread is dedicated to Hong Kong. To help keep everything organized, we're asking that all requests for help or helpful advice posted here pertain to this city only. If you'd like help with a different city, do check out the Gummy Drop! City Directory in order to find the appropriate thread.

In the post below, the moderators will try to add links to existing threads that contain helpful hints for this city. However, we'd like to ask everyone to create any new Hong Kong posts here. You can do this by clicking on the Reply button. If you'd like, you can also change the Subject line to the specific level that your post is about.

Cheers,

bfgWaimea

Edited on 05/02/2016 at 3:09:15 PM PST

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

Re:Hong Kong - Level Help

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Mar 29, 16 5:49 PM
Existing Hong Kong threads:

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

Re:Hong Kong - Level Help 89

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Oct 2, 16 3:49 PM
A very difficult timed level indeed! The time is too short and there are never enough yellows to blow the 4 blockers. I have created lightnings and crushes and they are never near a yellow and there are still 70 squares to clear. The time needs to be at least 30 seconds longer than the allotted 1.25 minutes. I have noticed there are more timed difficult levels in this city than previously and after losing 10 lives on this level I am close to giving up - I figure if you bought extra time, given the lack of yellows, that you would have to very likely expend 420 coins to maybe get through and this is just the intern level

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Oct 3, 16 12:16 PM
Hi Trav3lbird,

I'm sorry to hear that there is some trouble getting through Hong Kong, Level 89. This is indeed a very tricky level in which players must work fast. I found that since I wasn't tied down with a certain amount of moves, to quickly make any type of matches I could. By doing this, it would take care of the tiles on the board and help fill the yellow color blockers. If you are able to create Lightning Bolt Boosts, go ahead and swap it with gummies next to it. This also helps to contribute to filling up the color blocker. I was able to fill all four color blockers but found the difficulty in obtaining the rest of the tiles. I'll be sure to pass along the suggestion regarding the extra time needed. I also felt that a few more seconds would help players progress through this level.

It is highly recommended that if you continue to experience issues, to reach out to our Technical Support Team with your player ID. The good news about Gummy Drop! is that with enough reports of certain levels, we can work with the teams to help fine tune them. I'll also include a help article below on how to obtain your player ID on the mobile platform:

Finding Your In-Game ID

Good luck!

bfgBellerophon

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Oct 3, 17 5:40 PM
Hello Gummy Drop! players!

Thank you for enjoying our game! I am posting today to say thank you to everyone who has taken the time to help other players out with the game as well as so that we can help keep this thread accessible for players who would like to request suggestions for this specific city's levels. Thank you for your patience while helping one another out with cities in the game, and I wish to encourage players to make use of this thread again to discuss the city of Hong Kong and the levels within it.

Thank you all for your time and I hope everyone is enjoying the game. If there is ever still an issue with a level and suggestions don't seem to help, I would like to say that our Gummy Drop! Support Team is also more than happy to assist as best they can. You can also contact any of our active Moderators, should you have further questions. We're all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

GamingGrampa
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by GamingGrampa on Mar 7, 18 6:06 PM
Just swimming by to bump it up!

Frans58
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

Hong Kong - Helping Hand 8

[Post New]by Frans58 on Mar 26, 18 6:51 AM
Hi,

Anyone a suggestion on how to solve Hong Kong Helping Hand 8 (the one with the movie rolls).

At the left and right side there are stickers that need to be touched 3 times.
Given the topology of the board this is quite hard.

The only way out I saw is to destroy the whole the board, but until now I didn't manage to do that.

Are there other ways to achieve this?

Thanks, Frans

verdesa
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by verdesa on Apr 22, 18 7:18 AM
Hi Frans58,
Did you ever get a response to your question? Ever solve HH level 8?
(And can't help wondering how we ask for help for a particular level in the future, with the demise of the BFG Forum ...).

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Apr 25, 18 1:12 PM
Hello Frans58 and verdesa,

I'm so sorry that it's taken so long for a moderator to swim by and provide help with Hong Kong, Level 8 - 2. It's certainly a tricky one, so I'm happy to provide advice.

What helped me beat this level was creating line crushers and lightning bolts . These boosts helped me eliminate multiple gummies at once while conserving my moves. The line crushers were also really effective against the stickers. If I couldn't form line crushers or lightning bolts , then I focused on making matches next to the stickers to remove them from the board. It became easier to beat this level once the board was more open.

Hopefully this information will come in handy. I also definitely understand wanting to know where to get level help after the forms are closed. While everything posted prior to the forums' closure on April 30, 2018, will remain archived, there won't be a place where players can post level help requests. I'd recommend contacting our Gummy Drop! Support Team, who will bill able to offer assistance.

Thank you so much for your patience. Please have a lovely day.

bfgBeruna

Go to: