Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Whispered Secrets: Everburning Candle Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Mar 31, 16 12:35 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 03/31/2016 at 6:15:09 AM PST

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Whispered Secrets: Everburning Candle Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Mar 31, 16 6:19 AM
Hi Everyone,

If there's trouble with getting Whispered Secrets: Everburning Candle Collector's Edition to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

In some cases, we can provide a known solution for technical issues in the Forums. In addition, some of our tech savvy pond residents may also swim by with good tips and suggestions. However, we're unable to provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. This is because the Forums are not well suited for the type of information-gathering and troubleshooting that's needed in order to correct issues of this nature.

If you're unable to get a game working properly using our Help pages or the tips posted here, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact Customer Support on the front page of our Help pages section.

Contacting Customer Support will help us to gather necessary information on what types of systems are being affected by the problem and to share this information with the developer in order to work towards a fix.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting Customer Support, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgWaimea

kindnsruls
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Whispered Secrets: Everburning Candle Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by kindnsruls on Mar 31, 16 9:53 AM
I was in Graham's room talking to the nurse when the free trial expired. I'm back in Graham's room but the nurse is done talking to me and I didn't get her notes. According to the guide, I need them to proceed. The hint says there is nothing to do here and the map won't let me go anywhere else. Mac OS X

Oh nevermind.

I had to start the game again and work through it.

Edited on 03/31/2016 at 9:22:47 PM PST

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Whispered Secrets: Everburning Candle Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by ladybug2000 on Mar 31, 16 12:14 PM
I completed the main game w/ no problems on my pc. Now in the bonus chapter I have reached the castle. I completed the mini game, the castle doors have opened but I am unable to proceed. Instead of getting an arrow to go forward I keep getting a magnifying glass showing the "door knocker". How do I bypass that
Thanks

gillmac55
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by gillmac55 on Mar 31, 16 12:54 PM
Hello, I purchased this game after trying the free trail, did not have any problems during the trail, however when I purchased and downloaded the game, I started to have problems with the game. Problem 1. No Sound, so I closed the game and then opened it again, sound restored. Problem 2. Mouse pointer very loopy, but I was able to play the game. Problem 3. I got to the point in the game where I was at the family dinner, picked up the ribbon to tie the curtain back and the game froze. I restarted my system and restarted the game, again I got to the point of tying the curtain back, when it froze again. I restarted my system again and uninstalled and reinstalled the game, still having the same problem. I am using Windows 10 and I have the latest Direct X and my drivers are updated, so my system is not the problem. Please help.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Whispered Secrets: Everburning Candle Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by NanaPinheiro on Mar 31, 16 12:57 PM
I downloaded the game on the free version to verify if pleases me before buying. To my surprise the cursor almost does not work, there is no sound and the images on menu are overlapped and blurred. I am using Win10.What happens?

Edited on 03/31/2016 at 12:58:33 PM PST

[Post New]by NanaPinheiro on Mar 31, 16 3:20 PM
I didn't do nothing but out of the blue the game became working. Fantastic! Supernatural! Maybe Angelina have heard!

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Whispered Secrets: Everburning Candle Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by FairyBlobmother on Mar 31, 16 4:30 PM
Game freezes when placing the ribbon to tie back the curtain.
OS X v10.10.5
3.6 GHz Intel Core i5

Edited on 04/01/2016 at 6:23:27 AM PST

pemerald46
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by pemerald46 on Apr 1, 16 3:33 AM
FairyBlobmother wrote:Game freezes when placing the ribbon to tie back the curtain.
OS X v10.0.5
3.6 GHz Intel Core i5
This happened to me too

kryzda
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by kryzda on Apr 1, 16 9:30 AM
While trying to apply the blue ribbon my game froze and had to restart me computer not just the game the whole computer.

nancer
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by nancer on Apr 1, 16 1:39 PM
yep, same problem. OS 10.9.5.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Whispered Secrets: Everburning Candle Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by debopaints on Apr 1, 16 5:56 PM
FairyBlobmother wrote:Game freezes when placing the ribbon to tie back the curtain.
OS X v10.10.5
3.6 GHz Intel Core i5

same

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Whispered Secrets: Everburning Candle Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by jhewat on Apr 1, 16 7:10 PM
debopaints wrote:
OS X v10.10.5
3.6 GHz Intel Core i5

same

[Post New]by seaserpent606 on Apr 2, 16 2:58 AM
I've been playing the demo and my cursor is laggy. I'm using a PC, Windows 7.
I can't purchase a game with this issue. A fix would really be appreciated thanks.

[Post New]by grootbak on Apr 2, 16 3:20 AM
This game is crashing every time I try to tie up the blue curtain at the 'family dinner'. Is it my computer or is there a bug in the game or only in my game? Anyhow, it's a bummer. Please help me out.

Frank de Groot.

[Post New]by PuffishLady on Apr 2, 16 4:50 AM
Having same problem. Game freezing when tying ribbon to drape.

Using Window 7

SuzyF
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by SuzyF on Apr 2, 16 5:40 AM
NanaPinheiro wrote:I downloaded the game on the free version to verify if pleases me before buying. To my surprise the cursor almost does not work, there is no sound and the images on menu are overlapped and blurred. I am using Win10.What happens?

This happens every once and awhile for me too. Restart your computer after you install the game. Should fix both issues.

[Post New]by Companion4ever on Apr 2, 16 6:09 AM
I updated drivers, flash, and re-installed the game. The game still freezes for me when I try to attach the ribbon. I get an error message - LUA runtime error. Can't proceed in the game until this gets fixed.

Windows 7 (64-bit)
AMD Radeon Driver
Lastest Flash Driver

Today (4/3) I restarted the game and found the ribbon in place already. I could play through almost until the end when I encountered another freezing problem. This could have been a great game but these issues negate that.

I would suggest examining LUA memory allocation model.

Edited on 04/03/2016 at 9:42:52 AM PST

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Apr 2, 16 11:20 AM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear of the technical issues that people have been coming across in the game. For problems like these that occur in games, our help articles can be useful. The following help articles have steps that can be used in a variety of situations, including when there are issues with game performance or freezing:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Run Game as Administrator

If these issues are continuing, I highly recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. While we don't have the tools in the forums to investigate issues in order to provide in-depth help, our Reps can provide customized troubleshooting steps, and are always happy to help. I'm also going to pass along these posts so that the right teams can see them.

Thank you for your patience. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgPanthalassa

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Apr 2, 16 12:56 PM
This game is behaving very strangely. The demo had no sound and a floaty, laggy cursor. I closed the game,reopened and started a new profile. Had sound and a good cursor. Decided to buy. Shouldn't have. No sound, awful cursor and closing and restarting and changing profiles isn't fixing it. It's just weird that it comes and goes.

Go to: