Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Whispered Secrets: Everburning Candle Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Mar 31, 16 12:36 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 03/31/2016 at 6:14:52 AM PST

SquirrelGirrrl
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Whispered Secrets: Everburning Candle Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by SquirrelGirrrl on Mar 31, 16 1:05 AM
Played the demo with no issues. Looks like it might be an interesting game. I'm going to buy it. But I have a question. It has choices that you have to make in the game. If you make a different choice, does it change the game? Like could you play the game all the way thru making certain choices and then play again making the opposite choices, would it be a different game?

rainworm
Herring
Herring
360 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Whispered Secrets: Everburning Candle Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by rainworm on Mar 31, 16 1:21 AM
Choices? We had that feature in games before. But: in the end it didn't make a big difference. There was one game, there was (Redemption Cemetery, Clock of Fate or so, I remember). To really know, we will have to play the game at least twice!

But so far, I like it.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Mar 31, 16 3:41 AM
SquirrelGirrrl, I don't think that it will make any difference which option you choose. However, what you can do is restart the game under a different name, and then choose the other option the first time it comes up. It's right there at the beginning, so you won't have to play for long before you get there. Then you can see if there is a difference to the immediate outcome or not.

I like games where you can choose one of two options. Makes the game more interesting. Liked the demo and bought it.

Edited on 03/31/2016 at 9:21:22 AM PST

[Post New]by shelterhill on Mar 31, 16 3:41 AM
Extremely short demo, but what there was was interesting and some new stuff.. I liked it!!
I was a bit sceptical at first.. but the longer into the game the better it turned out.

Two bonuschapters..that could be interesting, because the marbles to find not so much. So I'm on the fence with this one. Strategy guide not needed so far.. So will it be a buy or do I wait for the SE..

I'll wait anyway, nice sale, but it would not fill my card anymore. so I'll wait for some other reviews.. and probably another sale

Edit, did get the game with a sale but it is so amazing, the demo didn't do it justice

Edited on 04/14/2016 at 9:02:41 AM PST

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Whispered Secrets: Everburning Candle Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Mar 31, 16 4:52 AM
The demo lasted 45 minutes for me and what an excellent game this developer has come up with!

Good graphics although a bit on the dark side and no 'gamma' option but they suited the creepy nature of the game...and in some places it really was genuinely creepy! The HOS had good variety and were enjoyable, however there is a fairly basic Match-3 alternative. But it was the puzzles that shone for me; some were quite innovative and all were fun to complete.

There are marbles to collect, a map that shows tasks and transports, 4 choices of play including custom and 2 bonus chapters. The SG only showed the demo section, so no idea how many chapters there are in the main game or what the extras might be. But I don't really care....the demo was so good I just have to buy this game

Bought Vampire Legends yesterday and now another must-have CE; it's been a long time since I bought 2 CE's in the same week but thanks BFG for some excellent games....at long last

No technical issues with the demo. Desktop running Win7 Prof 64-bit.

ETA: Spoiler alert for those like me with arachnophobia (highlight to read)...... I started to feel sick when a 'giant spider' was mentioned and the creep factor gets ramped up considerably before you get to its lair. However it's not actually as bad as I was imagining but it is part-man-part-spider and it's big. This game really is creepy in places!

Edited on 03/31/2016 at 6:21:22 AM PST

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Mar 31, 16 6:19 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Whispered Secrets: Everburning Candle Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, as do the developers as well as your fellow gamers. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Whispered Secrets: Everburning Candle Collector's Edition.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM any one of our Moderators.

bfgWaimea

petrinov
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by petrinov on Mar 31, 16 7:31 AM
I'll make it short and sweet!!
FINALLY!! a Collector Edition that is well worth the purchase. It has been so long since we've had something to dig our teeth into, instead of the same old, same old.
Thank you developers for your great work on this game.

molla311
Stingray
Stingray
4,680 Posts

[Post New]by molla311 on Mar 31, 16 7:57 AM
I like a good dark asylum game so this one is a buy for me.

Liked the hos and the puzzles
The marbles I saw in the demo was not to hard to find.

For spiders......

Happy gaming

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Mar 31, 16 10:38 AM
Hi all! Well, we have #5 in this series...yep, got the other 4 and really liked them. Graphics were well done and game play was quite good. I have no problem with scenes fitting my large screen. I was a bit disappointed in the color. Yes, it was quite bright, almost too bright, but still had that blue and pink hue. For those of you who don't care for really bright lights, be warned that they do happen when you are "time traveling." Voice overs are high pitched, but okay. Music moved with what was happening in the scene at the time, so it could put you on the edge of your seat if you really get into it.

HOPs are nothing new, standard lists and find parts and put them in the scene. I only found two during the demo, which was quite short. Items were not difficult to find and the HOPs were fairly clean. These were disappointing. If you wish, you can switch to a Match 3 game. Puzzles weren't difficult, but one did take me a little time. Hint system is helpful and it does transport you to longer locations. Jump map is easy to follow and areas of interest are clearly marked, with only one area being opened at a time. Sound FX are not bad at all, but not much during the demo. Didn't care for the inventory bar being in a cloud. It made it difficult to see some of the items, depending on the color.

The only collectibles I found are very large marbles. There are 36 to be found and they are quite easy to spot. Again, disappointing. I only looked at the SG to make sure I wasn't missing some other collectibles. Nope, there weren't any.

This game made me think someone must have had some really bad dreams in order to come up with this story. I've played many with crazies running around and all, but for some reason, this one was somewhat creepy and disturbing in some scenes. Almost too much crazy. I did like that you could choose which direction you wanted the game to go, e.g., calm the horse or start the fire engine...I calmed the horse; gently calm or slap into reality...I slapped. Seemed like the right thing to do at the time. I'm not sure this game will appeal to all players, but it isn't really challenging and the collectibles left a lot to be desired. It just seemed to move too slowly for me. I seldom cannot find something good about a game, in order to recommend it for others, even if I don't care for it myself. However, the only thing I liked was the ability to choose your next move, but that alone did not make me want to buy this game. No, I will not purchase this one.

As always, I recommend that you give it a try for yourself and see what you think. This is my personal take on the game and you may find that you liked it. Thanks for the reviews.

MsNetty61
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by MsNetty61 on Mar 31, 16 11:53 AM
Not as challenging as I thought, going by the reviews, but a fun game none the less
The graphics were good and the puzzles were a little more unusual than the normal fare, though on the whole not hard. (so far)
Thank you to angelfish106 about the spider, I don't like them although I would hesitate to call myself arachnophobic, but I would rather not see them at close range, but the creature is not that bad
Liking the graphics, the colours seem to fit the atmosphere, and I want to know the outcome....so all round it is a buy for me

[Post New]by garden_lover on Mar 31, 16 1:38 PM
Count me in the YES column & I give it 5 of these ! I did the beta this past January & was blown away ( see game pg. review) then. Just wanted to add my voice to all the Yay's here. Don't do many reviews except for games I really like! So glad most everyone is enjoying it too!

sparkers2005
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by sparkers2005 on Mar 31, 16 3:57 PM
this is one scary game. love this game. but not for weak hearted.

steve_san
Clownfish
Clownfish
586 Posts

[Post New]by steve_san on Mar 31, 16 6:42 PM

Light the Candle

I had the opportunity to beta test this game a few months ago and I liked it very much. (I had written a full review of the beta on another site, but apparently it was deleted *sigh*.)

The play was always interesting, especially the puzzles and HO scenes. The story was creepy enough to be interesting as well. I don't do this often, but I would highly recommend trying this game.

Edited on 03/31/2016 at 7:37:02 PM PST

BFFirefly
Clownfish
Clownfish
540 Posts

[Post New]by BFFirefly on Mar 31, 16 7:00 PM
Wow! Kept my interest from beginning to end of demo. Graphics and colors were just superb and matched the setting with an overall creep factor just perfect for an asylum. Great voice overs and music. One HO was downright eerie in it's approach and I loved it. Fabulous puzzles with some I haven't seen. I'm hooked and with 2 great games offered this week, this is one happy fishie going into the weekend.

Enjoy and Happy Gaming.

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Mar 31, 16 8:02 PM
The demo was short, but it was enough to keep me interested. It has been a while since we have had a good, creepy game in an asylum.

mamajay
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,222 Posts

[Post New]by mamajay on Apr 1, 16 12:08 AM
Sorry, I have to go against the flow here. Yes, the game is well made, with excellent graphics, voice-overs, etc., but I just couldn't get into the story this time, even though I do have the earlier games.

I think it's because it is set in yet another abandoned (?) asylum, and what I did see, I found upsetting - I'm just not into horror/torture/whatever stories.

I did buy/play some of the very early abandoned asylum type games, but I just don't like them. I don't like to watch horror movies either, although I did manage to watch (and laugh at) Shaun of the Dead, lol.

Anyhoo, try the game yourself, and decide for yourself

Cheers,

Jen

cheekyoops
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by cheekyoops on Apr 1, 16 6:28 AM
Holy cow, this game is so dark !! I wish developers would realize that not everyone has 20/20 vision. I'm blind in my left eye, and the vision in my right eye is 20/50. Even with a magnifying glass, I couldn't see the words in the hidden object scenes.

I just can't play this game .

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Apr 1, 16 12:34 PM
I agree with all of the positive reviews of this game.
It's an excellent creepy game which had me hooked from the start.

The hops are very well done and I especially love the ones where you have to replace items back into the scene...such fun and so creative.

GrandMa love your games and you did an excellent job on this one. Definitely qualifies as a 5 star game IMO.

Foxy57
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by Foxy57 on Apr 1, 16 6:43 PM
I think this game is not for the weak and some of the programmers must have a certain mental problem. BUT I LOVE THE GAME LOLLL Enjoy!

Go to: