Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

Can Anyone Answer A Couple of Questions?

[Post New]by Yaelle on Mar 31, 16 1:51 AM
A. I have noticed that in the 51 levels I've played, I have only come close to an expert score literally 1-2 times. Does this mean that later on in the game after you've progressed some youre supposed to be able to go back & get better scores? Or am I doing something horribly, horribly wrong here? I cant stink THAT badly can I?

B. At one point during level 51 I stopped getting a 3rd customer. This began just after I had gotten a "no possible moves" notice & the screen reset. Is that a coincidence? I imagine it was just a technical error but maybe thats what happens when you end up with a board like that?

C. If I were to switch mid-game to a no-timed option would it reset the entire game? Some games, usually mobile, do that. I just want to make sure before I have a giant freak out episode, since I'm so far in.

Thank you for your potential answers.

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

Re:Can Anyone Answer A Couple of Questions?

[Post New]by kgustavson on Apr 1, 16 10:45 PM
Well, to answer your first question, yes, you must go back and retry to get expert after you have progressed in the game and upgraded your menu items or your ingredient items. I have not hit a level yet where I've hit expert (except for the search or yogurt levels) on the first try. Now here's where it gets weird for me - our basic goal is to serve a set number of customers, and our expert goal is a monetary one, achievable only by upgrades, etc. I'm stuck on hitting the basic goal for level 87 (serve 26) and since I have spent all my other coins and cannot upgrade any further, I cannot achieve expert on any other earlier levels. And seeing as how upgrades do absolutely nothing to achieve the basic goal, I am at a loss as to a strategy for this game.
Many of us have encountered glitches in this game; mine was the disappearing bonus cookie which I could only remedy by exiting the game and then re-opening. Hardly a solution.
In short, this game stinks, IMHO, but hope I shed a little light on your questions.

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on Apr 2, 16 1:31 AM
I forgot to add that this is a match-3 that likes to give you a whole bunch of matches on the board that your customers do not need, and then a bunch of customers that all want the same thing of which no ingredients are on the board; this tired ploy becomes impossible in later levels, and I have abandoned the game completely. But to each her/his own, and hope you enjoy yourself.

loriaudio
Minnow
Minnow
292 Posts

[Post New]by loriaudio on Apr 2, 16 10:04 AM
is there an untimed option? I stink at timed games if so, how do I get to the untimed option? I didn't see it in the option menu or did i just miss it?

julesyhedgehog
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by julesyhedgehog on Apr 2, 16 11:39 AM
kgustavson wrote:I forgot to add that this is a match-3 that likes to give you a whole bunch of matches on the board that your customers do not need, and then a bunch of customers that all want the same thing of which no ingredients are on the board; this tired ploy becomes impossible in later levels, and I have abandoned the game completely. But to each her/his own, and hope you enjoy yourself.

I agree with you. This has gotten VERY tiresome to the point I really regret having wasted a credit on this game. There is no chance of achieving expert as I can barely get goal scores beyond Day 30. A Match 3 type of game should not be this difficult. I've abandoned this game and uninstalled it. It has greatly disappointed me.

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on Apr 2, 16 12:15 PM
loriaudio wrote: is there an untimed option? I stink at timed games if so, how do I get to the untimed option? I didn't see it in the option menu or did i just miss it?

No untimed mode for this game.

[Post New]by alicestaehle6 on Apr 2, 16 4:31 PM
Yeah this game is impossible sorry i wasted a credit. Glitches and hang ups on the board. Not a good game at all. frustrating on coins earned. this game stinks period. timed (or untimed not that there is one)

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Apr 3, 16 1:35 AM
OK thanks for the reply.
I actually figured it was just me who thought the strategy didnt make any sense. The whole money vs. number of people thing & the upgrading...

I'm going to see how far I can get but then go back to not playing M3 games LOL.

In fact, I'm here to post a question in the technical problem section about invisible patrons.

[Post New]by lindsayanne1 on Apr 11, 16 9:10 PM
You can go back and replay level one and earn $3 everytime you reach expert which is pretty easy as long as you have a few upgrades. Just keep playing level one over and over and upgrading everything until you can achieve expert on each level. You can replay any level and earn $3 if you reach expert, I prefer to play level one though since it's the shortest and fastest level. As far as the cookie disappearing if you exit the game and then restart the cookie will come back, but only for a short time. (I don't think the cookie is really necessary so I just ignore it)

Go to: