LEVEL 4-7 AFTERMATH

GILEAN
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

LEVEL 4-7 AFTERMATH

[Post New]by GILEAN on Dec 26, 09 9:27 AM
Is there a walkthru yet as I cant find one?

This level has no recycling centre nor way to get to one so inevitably all the houses end up full of garbage and not producing income. Instruction is to use public transport for income but you dont have enough income for repairs.

Re:LEVEL 4-7 AFTERMATH

[Post New]by doublenerds on Dec 26, 09 12:21 PM
Hi there, you have the option to build your own recycling centers on this map. Check in the "Miscellaneous" build menu.

I built one in the north and one in the south in order to reduce traveling time for the dumpsters.

Good luck!

GILEAN
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by GILEAN on Dec 27, 09 4:38 AM
Oh gee how did I miss this. Battling to get the income without. Been using trash collectors with no dumpsters.

[Post New]by Heavens0929 on Dec 27, 09 2:32 PM
Arrggh this level has me ready to uninstall the game ..!lol

I can't seem to get pass 1000 income..never mind 5,000

I have 2 recycle plants (north and south)..

4 buses going into each region....

and with the monies..I'm slowly restoring each house...I tried a region at a time...one in each region ...

update:...I've restarted about 15 times....and it doesn't matter if you build bus stops or recycling plants first...I've tried ignoring a region until I build something up....I'm missing something....I KNOW someone has beaten this level in expert!!!

Does anyone have any helpful hints?

Edited on 12/27/2009 at 4:37:44 PM PST

[Post New]by xotichawnfemale on Dec 27, 09 6:17 PM
I have upgraded all buses and dumpsters. The highest income I can achieve is about 3,000! I was loving the game until this level lol! I've tried numerous times. I have a theater and 2 recycling plants, numerous bus stations and recycling centers. Is there anything I've missed?

[Post New]by Heavens0929 on Dec 27, 09 6:49 PM
I have played for 45 mins (21 is expert) and upgraded everything...theater with my busses going to it.
4 recycle plants with 4 dumpsters dealing with each region.

A plaza to make them happy

400 ppl...

I don't get it...and I'm still at 1700 dollars.

I think it's a glitch or something...

at 21 minutes...I was only able to upgrade my buses and dumpsters once....800, 2400 and 3200 ..HOLY SMOKES...it was taking forever to get those amounts....

[Post New]by Heavens0929 on Dec 28, 09 6:57 AM
Ok...now I'm at 10 buses, 6 dumpsters, 600 population, 1 theater and 60 MINUTES of playing on the same level.

I have a plaza too....

2700 income instead of 5,000....TIME TO UNINSTALL THE GAME

boozysoozy
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by boozysoozy on Dec 28, 09 1:20 PM
Sooo, I never made expert, but updating all the houses have helped aswell, including a fair few large houses and updating whatever you can around you, including putting in about three theaters and four recycling with eight buses and 4 dumpsters.

Sorry if you have tried this all, but, this worked for me outside of expert.

[Post New]by Heavens0929 on Dec 28, 09 2:30 PM
Thank you Boozy..."cover me..I'm going in".....and cutting down trees to build MORE theaters...

I think they should make it at least possible ....to get close to expert...60 minutes so far is crazy!
lol

GILEAN
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by GILEAN on Dec 30, 09 2:41 AM
It IS possible to finish the level, I did, but I cant remember anything specific just keep working away!

tezaber
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by tezaber on Dec 30, 09 4:57 AM
I made expert on this one. The trick (as with all the levels when it comes to income goals) is to upgrade things as often as possible. First, make sure each truck, bus, or Dumpster is upgraded, since each upgrade has them earning more money for each delivery. Then slowly upgrade the industrial buildings to their highest level. Finally, upgrade as many houses as possible (if you can upgrade an entire block--by clicking on the bus stop and doing a mass block upgrade--do so) and you'll see the income rise.

One way to get used to this is to play in a sandbox level for a while without time pressure. Then each time you upgrade a vehicle, an industrial building, or a house, watch the income level. This is a good way to see what types of upgrades work and how fast, then you can apply the same techniques to the levels where income is a goal.

And one final trick....if you have bus stops with no entertainment facilities, that's OK...just have buses pick up and drop off people at the other bus stops. Also, once you build entertainment buildings, have one or two bus stops only a few spaces away. That way, the buses have to travel only a short distance back and forth, back and forth, and the money will quickly go up.

Edited on 12/30/2009 at 5:00:31 AM PST

PowickE
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by PowickE on Jan 1, 10 11:01 AM
But there are no factories or trucks to upgrade, just buses and dumpsters?

PowickE
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by PowickE on Jan 1, 10 11:21 AM
Cracked it!! Lots of bus stops and theatres! and houses near!

[Post New]by crapola_gore on Jan 9, 10 3:50 PM
THEATER of operations

I put a theater in the top right corner behind the houses four squares from the bus stop and added one road to reach it. Then took the bus at that stop and had it only go to the theater and then added a second bus doing the same and in no time I had plenty of money flowing.

I upgraded the houses on that block to 1 star using the stop. After giving both buses 3 stars they were earning $8080 combined every 12-15 seconds.

I made expert in 11:25 with $108,246 in the bank and an income of $10,065.

Good luck and have fun.

BenWang
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by BenWang on Jan 10, 10 5:27 PM
One tip, industry is overrated. You just need residential area + theater or stadiums +bus....

athene72
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by athene72 on Jan 13, 10 6:34 PM
Hi Guys

My tips for playing this level and managed to finished in around 12 mins.

Imediately build a theatre on the side that has the garage, then send a bus to 1 stop and then to the theatre, much faster that way, buy another bus so you have three going.This should rack in about £1000 a time and fairly quickly, It's pointless spend too much money updating houses as your minus enviormental rating is huge. I then built built a recylce centre close to the garage and collection points and a couple of dumpsters, if you give your dumpster to many houses to collect from it takes ages to give money.So by now I am getting £2000 £2500.

Build the road to the otherside and repeat as above. this will bring you around£3500.

Now update houses and you will quickly be earning £13000.

To finish the level build a park.

This was one of three levels I realy struggled with a first and went back to complete after finishing all the levels.

Another tip and spoiler if you havent finished the game.....

There are two awards that I didn't get £1 million in the bank and 3000 population.

So I went back and redid the level as above but didn't build the park, which gives a rating of around 400 (you need 600) to complete the level.

I then waited until I have around 900k in the bank and built shed loads of large houses and the empty gound south of the garage. Didn't bother with roads and upgraded them, I was able to get over 3000 population and 1 million before the houses filled up with garbage. Finished in around 30 mins

Hope this helps

NIKE1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by NIKE1 on Jan 14, 10 4:19 AM
One more tip...

There are 'dead' trees everywhere that kill the environmental rating. If you destroy the trees, your population will grow sooner and you'll also have more room to work.

I went back and played it once I had finished all the other levels and built the stadium immediately, directing all buses to the stadium. That gave me plenty of income to work with in building up the dumpsters, etc.

[Post New]by rjegan on Jan 15, 10 5:37 PM
This level can be completed, I d=just did it in 17 minutes, key is to build theatre, north quadrant and run buses that, then run buses from right near it to the theatre, build theatre in south and do the same. Build 2 recycling plants north and south.

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: LEVEL 4-7 AFTERMATH

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Aug 7, 11 12:51 PM
NIKE1 wrote:There are 'dead' trees everywhere that kill the environmental rating.
Well, only at -4 per square. But at $5 per square to clean up, that's more than 8 times as cost-efficient as building a Fountain or Monument: $1.25/point instead of $10. It takes longer, even when you sweep the bulldozer along, to clear the 200 available dead-tree squares, but maybe the 800 points are worth the time. And of course you have to avoid clearing a live-tree square, which is +4 environment points and costs $40 to fully replant.

I admit I didn't notice this wrinkle the first time thru--just cleared the dead ones rather than the live ones wherever I needed to build because I didn't like their looks!

Edited on 08/07/2011 at 12:51:53 PM PST

debbie6754
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by debbie6754 on Jan 15, 12 8:36 AM
crapola_gore wrote:THEATER of operations

I put a theater in the top right corner behind the houses four squares from the bus stop and added one road to reach it. Then took the bus at that stop and had it only go to the theater and then added a second bus doing the same and in no time I had plenty of money flowing.

I upgraded the houses on that block to 1 star using the stop. After giving both buses 3 stars they were earning $8080 combined every 12-15 seconds.

I made expert in 11:25 with $108,246 in the bank and an income of $10,065.

Good luck and have fun.

Go to: