gbouffar
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

Mystery Castle Tournaments

[Post New]by gbouffar on Mar 31, 16 8:24 PM
I would like to know how it is possible to get over 200,000 in a tournament. I can barely get over 100,000. I think my highest was around 167,000 and that was with a few good spins. When I see scores of nearly 400,000, it really seems impossible to me, even with 50% spins. I have won a few diamonds (once I won 3, and the other few times only 1). I think I found 12 chips once, but most of the time it is between 8 and 11.

lizziefin
Guppy
Guppy
196 Posts

Re:Mystery Castle Tournaments

[Post New]by lizziefin on Mar 31, 16 8:47 PM
A player who does well in tournaments, on iPad, filmed a video of how she scores so well. It's on YouTube, if you search "how to win a Midnight Castle Tournament" , you should find it! She ( Daventry ) is good!

Edited on 03/31/2016 at 8:55:01 PM PST

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Mar 31, 16 9:05 PM
You cannot search for the video because she has made it private....however, if you will just send her a pm, she will give you the link (can't post links to the forum)

The discussion she created is located here: http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/700168.page#6432995

Edited on 03/31/2016 at 9:06:58 PM PST

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Mar 31, 16 9:14 PM
gbouffar wrote:I would like to know how it is possible to get over 200,000 in a tournament. I can barely get over 100,000. I think my highest was around 167,000 and that was with a few good spins. When I see scores of nearly 400,000, it really seems impossible to me, even with 50% spins. I have won a few diamonds (once I won 3, and the other few times only 1). I think I found 12 chips once, but most of the time it is between 8 and 11.

I am on PC and did it once. And nobody was more surprised than I was, I had 3 good spins! My game is notorious for low chips and bad spins. In fact, the other day, I only had ONE spin. But, I keep trying, dismal as I feel when finished. I figure I have two choices...just play the tournaments for fun and figure that the law of averages will get me to the achievement someday, or don't play them at all. If you are on PC, depending on your base starting number (try for 85k), it is doable but some people seem to do it more easily than others and it is possible they are just super fast plus lucky to boot. Also, when I find 12 chips, I can usually count on one spin being the ZERO.

MiniCleo
Herring
Herring
330 Posts

[Post New]by MiniCleo on Mar 31, 16 10:31 PM
Annelliegram wrote:You cannot search for the video because she has made it private....however, if you will just send her a pm, she will give you the link (can't post links to the forum)

The discussion she created is located here: http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/700168.page#6432995

Definitely PM Daventry. Her video is enlightening & those of you that play on touch pads could really benefit.

Devilinwales
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by Devilinwales on Apr 1, 16 3:31 AM
Daventry's video shows how to get a high base score on I-pad. What it doesn't explain is how the wheel then seems to favour her.

Is the score achieved therefore relevant to the wheel insofar as if you achieve a score above a certain amount does the wheel spin higher !!

I when playing on I-pad get scores of 60,000 + but only get good wheel spins approximately every 30 tournaments hence having taken 18 months to finally get that cat just before it was taken down ......

I wish someone would clarify the whole situation around tournaments so that we can be sure of fairness for all.

Also unless I was dreaming about the mailman, which may be worrying more than tournament results, I received a mailman message some months ago about players caught cheating in tournaments would be terminated, or similar. Did anyone else get this message or do I need to see a health professional ??

esheley
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

[Post New]by esheley on Apr 1, 16 5:18 AM
The more you play, the more likely you are to get good spins. It's simple statistics.

Daventry works from home and plays whenever the game refreshes, which makes it more likely she'll come up with a random combination of good spins than will someone who only plays occasionally.

I don't believe there is a way to cheat on the spins. They either work for you or they don't, and the more you play, the better your odds of having exceptional spins.

I've been over 200,000 once. I had a great base score, I had 12 chips (4 spins), and my spins were something like 40, 40, 30, and 30. It was another week before I won as much as a single diamond, but I don't play as consistently as some folks do.

It's possible.

c0c0_nuts
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by c0c0_nuts on Apr 1, 16 5:48 AM
gbouffar wrote:I would like to know how it is possible to get over 200,000 in a tournament. I can barely get over 100,000. I think my highest was around 167,000 and that was with a few good spins. When I see scores of nearly 400,000, it really seems impossible to me, even with 50% spins. I have won a few diamonds (once I won 3, and the other few times only 1). I think I found 12 chips once, but most of the time it is between 8 and 11.

Several good spins are key to a good score. A good base score is also important. Some tips for a better base score:
-Do not use wands. You will get way less points if you use them.
-Be very quick getting the items. The quicker you are the more points you earn.
-Be accurate (only for pc players). PC players are given points based on accuracy.

Devilinwales wrote:Also unless I was dreaming about the mailman, which may be worrying more than tournament results, I received a mailman message some months ago about players caught cheating in tournaments would be terminated, or similar. Did anyone else get this message or do I need to see a health professional ??

A message was sent to every player to warn against cheating. If they suspect cheating, the player will receive a warning the first time. If they suspect it again, the player will be banned.

Devilinwales
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by Devilinwales on Apr 1, 16 6:21 AM
Thanks I can sleep easier now that I know I wasn't dreaming of the mailman

Although it does throw up a question about what their concerns were regarding cheating on tournaments as obviously we won't be told.

FYI I played in approx 2 tournaments a day over 2 weeks with base scores of 60,000 + and got into winning diamonds 4 times but in all those tournaments only ever got 50% once on wheel. Yet same people were in top 20 most days if not most tournaments.

My opinion is that there is a way of manipulating either score or wheel to get good scores daily and don't get me wrong I was happy with my winnings too until latest update crashed I-pad tournaments

Cheers

[Post New]by sthrightwhale on Apr 1, 16 6:23 AM
my wheel has a tendency to spin 10% all the time. I was lucky to spin a 50% recently and my other 2 spins where 0 and 0
it would be good if there where constantly 3 chips in every room, but sometimes there is only one that I can find

12earth45
Clownfish
Clownfish
885 Posts

[Post New]by 12earth45 on Apr 1, 16 9:14 AM
Good day to all!

I am a moderate clicker, get ave. 60,000 score. I have to pay in multiple times to make it into the top 100. Played every time available.
Only been in top 100 with free entry only about 4 times that I can remember.
Tried the faster way, total score is higher, but too frantic for me.
Sigh...... One more to go to get kitty, but tournament halted on iOS.

Keep on clicking!

Crystal ; P

Silverjen
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Silverjen on Apr 1, 16 3:10 PM
I agree with Devilinwales that there is some kind of manipulation going on. I play on PC and Android and see the same names for both in the top 50 all the time in every tournament. I saw an Android score recently in one of the tournaments in the 800,000's. I don't know if that was a glitch or not, but I don't know how that high a score was achieved.

Don't get me wrong, I have been in the top 100 enough times to get my kitty, but I never place above position 50 or 60 and never win more than 15-20 diamonds. I spend a lot of time in the 200-500's just to get those rare times in the top 100. I don't mind having to do my time with lower scores, but I do mind seeing those same names up there consistently without seeing them in the basement with the rest of us.

dlsed
Herring
Herring
337 Posts

[Post New]by dlsed on Apr 1, 16 5:47 PM
Also unless I was dreaming about the mailman, which may be worrying more than tournament results, I received a mailman message some months ago about players caught cheating in tournaments would be terminated, or similar. Did anyone else get this message or do I need to see a health professional ??
[b]
Above from Devilinwales.....

Devinlinwales, no not dreaming at all. Postman sent an open letter to all addressing the cheating. I found that somewhat interesting. And i wonder what effect it has had on cheating. As for high scores, just yesterday one of my two main players hit big time with 293,000+, a base score of around 64,000, and spins of 50/30/50/50. it was like, holy toledo, i did this????? (a note, that fine piece of luck, a final #5 finish, was tucked in between places of 1100 something and 1000 something. not too good!) so, it's certainly possible. What bothers me with scorers, is a handful, of which i'm actively tracking, constantly stay in top 50, and constantly, round after round, can improve their scores. just do not understand this!!
i don't know if this helps, but 1 factor i've slowly learned, is the accuracy %. there's a thread here about that; and at the sake of speed, bringing up accuracy will greatly assist your base score. The chips, i'm finding these little rascals of late hiding under objects, and, partially hidden under other things around the edges of picture! i don't know; best of luck with your tournaments!!

gbouffar
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by gbouffar on Apr 1, 16 11:10 PM
Thank you all for your responses! I appreciate all your suggestions and am glad that other people are experiencing the same things as I am. Just tonight, I finally achieved 181,000. Believe it or not, I found 15 chips (for the very first time), but three of the spins were 10% and one was 20 and the other 30. Even with this higher score, I still didn't make it in the top 100 or receive a diamond. It is frustrating, but I'll keep trying. I'm playing on a PC also and achieve between 60,000 and 70,000 base score. I usually enter a couple of tournaments when they become available (not always every day). Thanks again!

Go to: