Acetoyou
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

Where were you when you found your first morphing object?

[Post New]by Acetoyou on Apr 1, 16 12:25 AM
As we enter into the Spring Event I realized that I have no idea what to look for in morphing objects, Eggs. butterflies, bunnies?

That reminded me of when I first began the game of Midnight Castle. I saw in achievements that there were morphing objects but I had no idea of where to find them. The achievements mentioned flowers, pumpkins, and snowflakes. As a novice I assumed that all the objects were within the game all the time. In HOS scenes I double clicked on every flower or pumpkin I could find. Nothing happened.

I read the forum, but no one else was asking about morphing objects so it seemed that either they happened irregularly such as a Fall, Winter or Spring Events or that I was not looking closely enough in the HOS scenes.

At level 20-something I was at the Castle Gates -- pondering the well, I think -- when my eye caught movement on the castle wall. I know the exact spot. A morphing flower blinked in and then out, but I saw it. Wow. My first morphing object -- not in the HOS scenes but all around the castle.

Of course, once seeing a morphing flower I could see them all around the game. But, that first morphing flower was magic. To this day whenever I pass the spot where I found my first morphing flower my eye goes there.

Just wondering where you were when you found your first morphing object, and if you were as surprised as I was.

Linalie
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
475 Posts

Re:Where were you when you found your first morphing object?

[Post New]by Linalie on Apr 1, 16 3:57 AM
Like you Acetoyou, I had no clue what a morphing object was and clicked everything everywhere. I started during the fall event in 2015. For me it was the pumpkin...one blinked in front of me in the Castle Vicinity and the light bulb went off...that's a morphing object!! yay!! It wasn't until after the fall event ended that I found my first morphing flower...and I can't even remember where because I was frustrated over not being able to even see them - until people on the forum gave me tips about the bright centers, etc. and then I was poking those little flowers like crazy...still do! I've never seen the morphing butterflies of Spring Event and I am really looking forward to chasing them

Diane8722
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by Diane8722 on Apr 1, 16 7:51 AM
I was around level 20 (+-5 levels) when I noticed a glimmer and clicked on it. I was at the ice castle with the troll so the darker flowers stood out. I was so surprised when I got the 10 coins! I spent a lot of time chasing them as I thought it was fun and what a clever idea!

Edited to say I had no idea there where morphing objects at that time. Totally took me by surprise. That was back in June/July. I first started playing end of May last year.

Edited on 04/01/2016 at 8:07:57 AM PST

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Apr 1, 16 9:19 AM
I "found" my 1st totally by accident & had no idea what it was. It was at the airship.

I had been playing for probably 3 months & had recently learned the hard way that when you've checked the countdown timer on a HOS, NOT to tap the timer to close it - cost me 5 diamonds to open "early" a HOS that was opening on its own in 45 seconds! Arrrrggg!

So I got in the habit of tapping some random, unoccupied spot instead. I just happened to hit a flower. I saw it float up to the counter bar at the top that appeared out of nowhere & then vanished! What was THAT? I tapped & tapped on the top of the screen trying to get it to reopen so I could see what it said, but no.

By then I was obsessed, but it took me a while to actually spot them. I had always thought it was just visual effects, like drifting leaves or mist, or my eyes playing tricks on me. The Ice Rock really helped me learn to spot them, & the Mystery Chamber, too.

Frustrating to think how much I missed those 1st months when I didn't know they existed, & back then, the icon of the game was a morphing flower!!!! Doh!

deeziner
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
478 Posts

[Post New]by deeziner on Apr 1, 16 9:31 AM
When I was a bitty bitty kitty in the castle and gaining confidence as I wandered its halls I would go to the Achievements Zone and swell with pride as I scrolled through my major achievements earned as a "Highly Decorated" player of a whole 3months....hahaha!!!!

And there would be that one for collecting "Morphing Items".....????....must be sumthin that will reveal itself in a "special event"......right?

Tourneys were suspended and me in my isolated condition needed ANSWERS....maybe BFG has a forum for these things......and behold ....the lights of discovery lit in my world.....

And long story short...I finally found my first flower at the Airship....3 1/2 months after my first HOS.....

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Apr 1, 16 9:45 AM
My experience is very similar to deeziner, although I can certainly not as colorfully explain it.

Been playing the game a few months.....checked the Achievements and wondered about "Morphing Power" and "Morphing collector" --- so I did a Google search and found the Forum with all it's wealth of information!!! and helpful players....

Did some serious reading in the Strategy Guide....never thinking I would ever be actually posting to that same revered document!!!! My how time flies....hmmm.... wonder if we could collect/click on flies during a Summer event?????????????

Diane8722
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by Diane8722 on Apr 1, 16 10:03 AM
Annelliegram wrote:
My how time flies....hmmm.... wonder if we could collect/click on flies during a Summer event?????????????

I LOVE it! Can we have a flyswatter as a cursor? HaHa

Linalie
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
475 Posts

[Post New]by Linalie on Apr 1, 16 10:08 AM
Diane8722 wrote:
Annelliegram wrote:
My how time flies....hmmm.... wonder if we could collect/click on flies during a Summer event?????????????

I LOVE it! Can we have a flyswatter as a cursor? HaHa

OMG! I love that idea!!!

BFFirefly
Clownfish
Clownfish
540 Posts

[Post New]by BFFirefly on Apr 1, 16 10:49 AM
I found my first morphing flowers in the Castle Vicinity just a few weeks into the game. I've been picking them and every other morphing object like a fiend ever since. It is half the fun for me because I nab the flowers in every scene before I ever do an HO. I like that when they run a seasonal event, the morphing object is changed too. To date, I have nabbed 113,945 morphing flowers. As for the other morphing seasonal objects, I'm not sure if they are contained in the flower number or not. Hmmm now that's got me wondering.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Apr 1, 16 12:44 PM
BFFirefly wrote:I found my first morphing flowers in the Castle Vicinity just a few weeks into the game. I've been picking them and every other morphing object like a fiend ever since. It is half the fun for me because I nab the flowers in every scene before I ever do an HO. I like that when they run a seasonal event, the morphing object is changed too. To date, I have nabbed 113,945 morphing flowers. As for the other morphing seasonal objects, I'm not sure if they are contained in the flower number or not. Hmmm now that's got me wondering.

That would be a "not" --- If you do not have the achievements, then they count as morphing objects to be added toward achieving that goal.

However, in the statistics listed to the left of the Achievement list (the site that opens when you click on your avatar), you will notice it says "Number of Flowers collected" -- That number does not include snowflakes, pumpkins, or butterflies.

I have noticed this when playing and checking statistics, since I record the info at the end of the day. When we are seasonal, my HOS count increases and goes past the number of Flowers I have collected......when the seasonal goes back to the regular play, my Flowers gradually go beyond my HOS number.

SMF40
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by SMF40 on Apr 1, 16 1:03 PM
Alas! Ran into my first morphing object as a high school sophomore. His name was Glen. Just when I was totally smitten, he morphed right out of my life. Flowers are more better!!

eastendteddy
Salmon
Salmon
2,821 Posts

[Post New]by eastendteddy on Apr 1, 16 4:44 PM
Aw yes remeber it well, was siting in my chair finger posied on da mouse , eyes flying allllllllllllll over the screen leaned up agaist the Broken Carriage and wouldn' ya know it a flower poped out of the screen at me and spit pollen allllllllllllllllll over me been two years now and still runing after dem lill suckers , well along wiff pumpkins buckkerflies and what ever else that pop out at differant times
Randy

Go to: