snowmanvt
Clownfish
Clownfish
566 Posts

Cape Town 88 is impossible

[Post New]by snowmanvt on Apr 1, 16 6:17 AM
I have played GD for over a year and really enjoy the challenge and strategy.
However, although a few of the levels with color blockers are unfair, since the program does not have enough pieces of the necessary color to explode the blockers, I have used the shovels to pass those levels without complaint.

CapeTown 88 takes this to a new and impossible level. There are 30 brown color blockers with two being "move timed" before they explode and end the game. Each blocker takes a match of three browns meaning it takes 90 browns to eliminate the blockers and get all the tiles. I have been playing for over one week and never see more than 15 browns in an entire game, with the average being 5-7. Even with lightening bolts matched with other special pieces there are not near enough browns to get started. One game I had one brown piece using every move.

The only way to pass the level, as I see it, is to use many, many shovels, as many as 30, to clear the blockers. That costs 1000 coins. Is this fair to your players?

Edited on 04/01/2016 at 6:23:08 AM PST

Knismesis
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

Re:Cape Town 88 is impossible

[Post New]by Knismesis on Apr 1, 16 6:46 AM
I've been playing this level over and over just to see if I'm missing something. I'm not missing anything this level is set up to try and force players to pay into the game. It's a dirty trick. I can't pass this level and I will not pay to pass it.

snowmanvt
Clownfish
Clownfish
566 Posts

[Post New]by snowmanvt on Apr 1, 16 7:49 AM
Knismesis: Under the heading of Murphy's law, I just tried 88 again and this time I completed the first level. Apparently, it took lightening bolts (I made about 6) and matching them with color arrows (match 4's) to get points. Ignore the brown color blockers--- I got the points before the color bombs went off so the points matter not the brown blockers.

Oh yeah, I also was able to combine two lightening bolts in about the fourth move--
this cleared all the paper and dropped the color blockers, all of them, to the bottom of the board. This added many new spaces for pieces at the top sides of the board which permitted more chains of matches. Hope this helps.

Edited on 04/01/2016 at 7:54:23 AM PST

Knismesis
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by Knismesis on Apr 1, 16 10:01 AM
Snowmanvt, interesting concept. I did try going for points instead of brown gummies but the game board is so small that it is difficult to make enough lightening bolts to get enough points before that stupid color blocker explodes. You must have been lucky!

snowmanvt
Clownfish
Clownfish
566 Posts

[Post New]by snowmanvt on Apr 1, 16 10:04 AM
What if you use two shovels to take out the color blocker bombs with the first two moves? Then, prayer never hurts.

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Apr 1, 16 3:32 PM
Hi Everyone,

This is definitely a difficult level, and the I've been able to recreate the issue with this level after playing it myself. Do know that the Forum Moderation has passed this level along to the appropriate teams, and we hope that it can be adjusted in a future update.

In the meantime, snowmanvt does offer some great advice - it can definitely help to focus on just getting the required amount of points before the timed brown Color Blockers explode.

If anyone would like help with any other levels or cities, I do recommend the following threads:

Cape Town - Level Help
Gummy Drop! City Directory - START HERE TO FIND LEVEL HELP

Thanks for your patience,

bfgWaimea

Go to: