Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for New York Mysteries: The Lantern of Souls Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Apr 2, 16 12:36 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 04/02/2016 at 6:44:16 AM PST

iluvcatsuk
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for New York Mysteries: The Lantern of Souls Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by iluvcatsuk on Apr 2, 16 6:16 AM
game won't load, just freezes on a white screen. Using Mac

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for New York Mysteries: The Lantern of Souls Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Apr 2, 16 6:45 AM
Hi Everyone,

If there's trouble with getting New York Mysteries: The Lantern of Souls Collector's Edition to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

In some cases, we can provide a known solution for technical issues in the Forums. In addition, some of our tech savvy pond residents may also swim by with good tips and suggestions. However, we're unable to provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. This is because the Forums are not well suited for the type of information-gathering and troubleshooting that's needed in order to correct issues of this nature.

If you're unable to get a game working properly using our Help pages or the tips posted here, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact Customer Support on the front page of our Help pages section.

Contacting Customer Support will help us to gather necessary information on what types of systems are being affected by the problem and to share this information with the developer in order to work towards a fix.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting Customer Support, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgWaimea

Map does not show morphing objects and collectibles

[Post New]by wanderingwomble on Apr 2, 16 12:20 PM
Playing on Mac OSX Yosemite 10.10.5

I have tried choosing both 'easy' and 'normal' difficulty, however the map does not show locations with collectibles and morphing objects that haven't been found, despite that option being selected on the difficulty screen. I have also tried unselecting the option, saving then selecting again. I also deleted the game and redownloaded it. Did a couple of restarts too. Also tried a few different users, with different difficulty levels.

When I look at the map legend, it shows text for collectibles and morphing, but there is no icon beside the text. It looks the same, no matter what level of difficulty I choose.

The rest of the map features behave as expected.

This was one of the features I really liked about the previous 2 games and I am disappointed that this feature that claims to be there is not working.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for New York Mysteries: The Lantern of Souls Collector's Edition

[Post New]by ADamselInDesign on Apr 2, 16 10:49 PM
I'm on Mac OSX El Capitan 10.11.3 and cannot even get the game to launch. I keep getting the following error: "Insufficient memory to start application. Not enough memory to begin loading s3e file."

I know the memory on my iMac is not insufficient; this is a brand new computer with 32GB of RAM.

Is there a fix for this or will I have to try to get a refund for this game? I have already tried reinstalling the game to no avail.

calsmom2001
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,785 Posts

[Post New]by calsmom2001 on Apr 3, 16 6:20 AM
I am playing on Windows 10. I am already into the Opera House. The only problem is that I found the collectible object in Bishop's study, and the game won't recognize that. It still shows that I need to find a collectible there. Unless this resolves itself I won't be able to get the achievement for that, or open the puzzle for that collection of objects (no spoilers here!). Any suggestions?

calsmom2001
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,785 Posts

[Post New]by calsmom2001 on Apr 3, 16 6:46 AM
Never mind. When I performed the next task the issue resolved itself.

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Apr 3, 16 8:23 AM
I'm on an iMac running OSX El Capitan 10.11.4. I had no issues launching or playing the demo. I doubt upgrading to the latest version of the OS will fix the issues other Mac users have stated, but worth a try.

In my years of experience playing Big Fish games on various Apple operating systems, often times issues were not universal, and were the result of some software conflict intrinsic to your individual configuration. Hence, there may never be a fix BF will provide.

Please don't shoot the messenger. You should report your issue to BF tech support, They seem no longer equipped to help work you through issues, as they once were willing to do. They will issue you a replacement coupon.

[Post New]by stitch619 on Apr 3, 16 8:44 AM
I was having the same problem as below. Updated my OS to 10.11.4 and it was resolved.

ADamselInDesign wrote:I'm on Mac OSX El Capitan 10.11.3 and cannot even get the game to launch. I keep getting the following error: "Insufficient memory to start application. Not enough memory to begin loading s3e file."

Edited on 04/03/2016 at 10:26:20 AM PST

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for New York Mysteries: The Lantern of Souls Collector's Editio

[Post New]by annadnl on Apr 3, 16 10:36 AM
stitch619 wrote:I was having the same problem as below. Updated my OS to 10.11.4 and it was resolved.

ADamselInDesign wrote:I'm on Mac OSX El Capitan 10.11.3 and cannot even get the game to launch. I keep getting the following error: "Insufficient memory to start application. Not enough memory to begin loading s3e file."

i am on 10.11.4 and i still have this problem

jaf21
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by jaf21 on Apr 3, 16 4:36 PM
I'm having the same problem
On Mac 10.11.4 with 2.7 GHz 12-Core Intel and 64 gigs of Memory

Insufficient memory to load the s3e file

You need a fix

Jaguar2357
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for New York Mysteries: The Lantern of Souls Collector's Editio

[Post New]by Jaguar2357 on Apr 3, 16 9:48 PM
There is a problem, after finishing the Bonus chapter and going into Extras to do all the mini-games. The achievement can never be won because mini-game #16 of 18 is not do-able. It is merging 3 colored patterns to match the sample, and the board comes up blank - there are no colored patterns that can be merged.

This is a bad surprise after a game I found very enjoyable.

<a href="https://forums.bigfishgames.com/faqs/list.page">[Removed by Moderator]</a>

ADDED APRIL 8th:
I apologize to the mods for forgetting forum rules and including image links. I did send this info with the links to the devs, who were lovely about it and had practical use for the links (which really are not needed here.)

This is an identified bug, and they have made a fix for it. Hopefully BFG will be publishing the update soon.

Edited on 04/08/2016 at 11:21:04 AM PST

doorgirl
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

Re:Reference to El Capitan 10.11.4 insufficient memory issue - solved for me, at least

[Post New]by doorgirl on Apr 4, 16 3:08 PM
My solution was to quit Big Fish Game Manager, restart computer, then reopen Game Manager and open NY Mysteries. For me this worked and has continued to be okay after quitting game and re-opening game.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Apr 5, 16 10:04 AM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that players are experiencing issues with this particular game.

Thank you to the players that have suggested to ensure that all updates are installed on Mac computers to help resolve the insufficient memory message that is appearing. I'll also include a help article below with troubleshooting steps:

Mac Game Troubleshooting

If players are having display issues and trouble progressing on a PC computer, please ensure that the video card driver is up to date. The following help article has the steps:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Thank you doorgirl for also recommended to close out of the game and to try reopening it for some of the issues stated in this thread. Oftentimes starting a new profile helps.

If you are still experiencing issues with their game, please reach out to our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. Keep in mind that the support team is always willing to help in any way that they can. They also want players to be able to enjoy our game and want to make up for the trouble by providing a replacement game in the meantime.

I'd also like to remind users of the Forum Rules when posting, specifically,

HTML, links, and images are not allowed in the forums.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. By not posting links this helps to ensure the security of the forums and keeps the forums accessible to everyone.

bfgBellerophon

Edited on 04/05/2016 at 10:20:10 AM PST

AListrina
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by AListrina on Apr 5, 16 9:00 PM
the game shut down on me in middle of play. Will not get past the BFG screen. am using W10. I did close and restart system.

Edited on 04/05/2016 at 9:01:33 PM PST

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Apr 7, 16 4:48 PM
Hi AListrina,

I'm sorry to hear that the game crashed while you were playing. I suggest trying the steps in the following help article under the What if my games crash, freeze, or won't play? section, which are specific to Windows 10:

Windows 10

If this problem is continuing, I recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report for further troubleshooting. Our Reps have the tools needed to gather info on and report issues, and are always willing to help.

Thank you for your patience.

bfgPanthalassa

Jaguar2357
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by Jaguar2357 on Apr 8, 16 4:49 PM
Re my post on Apr 3, 16 9:48 PM in this forum, I edited in a response.

This is an acknowledged bug, the devs have a fix that BFG needs to publish.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for New York Mysteries: The Lantern of Souls Collector's Editi

[Post New]by pierrefrisch on Apr 11, 16 1:16 PM
annadnl wrote:
stitch619 wrote:I was having the same problem as below. Updated my OS to 10.11.4 and it was resolved.

i am on 10.11.4 and i still have this problem

I have the same issue I think this is an issue with marmalade the underling game engine. It is tracked by Marmalade as MSDK-2641. The short story is that the memory checking function sometimes return a negative value…

https://answers.madewithmarmalade.com/questions/37784/we-are-in-trouble-with-marmalade-for-mac-again.html

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Apr 14, 16 7:41 AM
No tech problems. Windows XP.

usignuolo
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by usignuolo on Apr 20, 16 1:19 PM
I bought the game and got half way through playing when "Demo completed please purchase game screen appeared" and I now cannot get any further. Have tried to reinstall it but this does not work. I am running Windows 7. Please advise what to do next.

Go to: